Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say people are starting to take CoachT a little to seriously and personally. I remember the days when you could agree to disagree on things without being brought down by them. Hillwood and Camden made me into a believer this year with there play. I am one that has to see it to believe it, and like I said before I never liked Huntingdon never will, that is like supporting the New York Yankees to me. Once again I am pulling for Alcoa. I saw them play against Lipscomb last week and they match-up well against Huntingdon it will be a good game and I think Alcoa will win in the end. By the way it is kinda nice people point me out in post cause then I know you have read what I have said and it stays with you, maybe some people may catch on later down the road.

825464866[/snapback]

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry, how could you compare the Mustangs to the Yankees. Huntingdon is what high school football is about. A town that totally revolves around the high school. Heck, our Jr. high games have a bigger crowd than most high schools and thats win or lose. We're a school with one of the smallest enrollments in 2A. Our town doesn't have a single red light, not one. We just got a super walmart and you'd think it was the jackson mall. We are, as one of our coaches put it, "small market." We're the Minn. Twins man. We have some athletes, sure, but in general our kids just outwork most. Huntingdon represents public schools in general and the success you can have with community support, great coaching and hard working players.

Gerry, Gerry, Gerry, how could you compare the Mustangs to the Yankees. Huntingdon is what high school football is about. A town that totally revolves around the high school. Heck, our Jr. high games have a bigger crowd than most high schools and thats win or lose. We're a school with one of the smallest enrollments in 2A. Our town doesn't have a single red light, not one. We just got a super walmart and you'd think it was the jackson mall. We are, as one of our coaches put it, "small market." We're the Minn. Twins man. We have some athletes, sure, but in general our kids just outwork most. Huntingdon represents public schools in general and the success you can have with community support, great coaching and hard working players.

825464897[/snapback]

Good post DearOldDad

Where has common sense gone? I am a Braves fan so I will never like the Yankees that was the comparision I was making. I know how small Huntingdon is I go through there alot, so I don't need you to tell me how small it is. Also in a tradition sense, Huntingdon could be compared to Yankees, you guys have been one of the most successful TN high school programs.

If this game turns into a physical slug match, Alcoa stands no chance. And for some reason Huntingdon has a way of turning every single game they play into a physical slug match.

825464875[/snapback]

IF THIS DOES TURN OUT TO BE A SLUGFEST ALCOA WILL COME OUT ON TOP.WE CAN WITHSTAND A LITTLE HARDNOSE FOOTBALL. HUNINGTON WILL BE ON THEIR HEALS ALL NIGHT

Mustang69... I haven't gotten my Krystals yet. Plan to get a load at the Boro.. They ARE REALLY good thawed out and zapped in the microwave. I don't know why they don't sell them that way. (Maybe they do). I wouldn't meet you at midnight at church much less at the fieldhouse... :D Call Hardhead 70... He likes stuff like that! Can't wait till tomorrow night. I know the team is excited to be playing Alcoa. All of Huntingdon will be there and I hope West Tennessee and Middle Tennessee will support our boys. Be prepared to stand and yell. Go Mustangs!

Mustang69...  I haven't gotten my Krystals yet.  Plan to get a load at the Boro..  They ARE REALLY good thawed out and zapped in the microwave.  I don't know why they don't sell them that way.  (Maybe they do).  I wouldn't meet you at midnight at church much less at the fieldhouse... :)  Call Hardhead 70... He likes stuff like that!  Can't wait till tomorrow night.  I know the team is excited to be playing Alcoa.  All of Huntingdon will be there and I hope West Tennessee and Middle Tennessee will support our boys.  Be prepared to stand and yell.  Go Mustangs!

825464919[/snapback]

:D