1A mr football back

bearcats68

great post.....i agree. in all the talking we do on this site, we need to realize that there will be a winner and a loser. i'm excited to see such a great match-up. this has the potential to be a classic title game. the margin for error narrows drastically and i think that with two powerful offenses and defenses, the team with the fewest mistakes will win.....which could be either team.

.....so good luck to both, but more luck to the Bucs!!!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO WILDCATS!!! You've had a plan and a mission all year. You have meet every undefeated team that was left in 1A and dominated.

Chris Wooden...last year you made the ultimate sacrafice to make sure your team got to the Blue Cross Bowl and we simply didn't have enough weapons left to get the job done due to Matt Meacheam getting hurt. This year you have made a huge personal sacrafice to make sure when we got to the championship, you were as close to 100% as possible. You are the best in 1A. Amazingly, your lack of playing in the regular season has made this team soooo much stronger, because everyone had to step up and be better ballplayers.

It's your time....no reserve...no retreat...no regret. DCA and Chris Wooden will not be denied.

Guys don't worry about the Mr. Football award. I remember a few years ago South Pitt had a guy by the name of Eddie Moore (who is know playing in the NFL) that didn't win the award. I think he set the state record for touchdowns scored in a season that year and had over 2000 yards and didn't win it. This award is just like the Heisman so don't worry about it.

GO WILDCATS!!!  You've had a plan and a mission all year.  You have meet every undefeated team that was left in 1A and dominated. 

Chris Wooden...last year you made the ultimate sacrafice to make sure your team got to the Blue Cross Bowl and we simply didn't have enough weapons left to get the job done due to Matt Meacheam getting hurt.  This year you have made a huge personal sacrafice to make sure when we got to the championship, you were as close to 100% as possible.  You are the best in 1A.  Amazingly, your lack of playing in the regular season has made this team soooo much stronger, because everyone had to step up and be better ballplayers.

It's your time....no reserve...no retreat...no regret.  DCA and Chris Wooden will not be denied.

825464152[/snapback]

I was under the impression that football was a Team sport but i guess i was wrong, it must be a one back sport.

I was under the impression that football was a Team sport but i guess i was wrong, it must be a one back sport.

825464603[/snapback]

Obviously you did not understand my post. If ever there was a complete TEAM it is the DCA team. They have worked completely together as a single unit and one goal this entire season. My point was that Chris Wooden played the first game of the season and because he was rehabing, it was decided that his role would be limited during the regular season so he could be healthy during the post season. That decision probably cost him personally because he didn't have individual stats needed for post season honors as well as college scouting. But during this time the TEAM stepped up and just performed to an unbelievable level. When you have a back as good as him, a big part of your offense centers around him as Boyds does Matt Peardon (how well would they do if he got injured and was out?) DCA QB JimFenwick as really come around as have hi receivers and 3 other backs run the ball. But in all I would say that YES Wooden made a personal sacrifice for the good of the TEAM.

Yes. your running back should have gotten Mr. Football. I am the mother of #55, Jimbo Rusin who played defensive end and offensive tackle for East Robertson. We were really pulling for DCA and by the stats your running back blew away the guy who did get Mr. football, our team was in shock. But, hey that's okay, you won the championship and believe me when recruiters are looking at football players for college, your running back I think will go before Mr. Football. He proved it and your team proved it in the championship game. Our game against you was one of the best games played all season!!! Congrats!!! Jimbo Rusin's mother!!! East Robertson

Yes. your running back should have gotten Mr. Football.  I am the mother of #55, Jimbo Rusin who played defensive end and offensive tackle for East Robertson.  We were really pulling for DCA and by the stats your running back blew away the guy who did get Mr. football, our team was in shock.  But, hey that's okay, you won the championship and believe me when recruiters are looking at football players for college, your running back I think will go before Mr. Football.  He proved it and your team proved it in the championship game.  Our game against you was one of the best games played all season!!!  Congrats!!! Jimbo Rusin's mother!!!  East Robertson

825468350[/snapback]

Well, I guess the whole argument should be settled now that Jimbo Rusin's mother has spoken...the apparent authority Mr. Football and college recruiting.

You don't even seem to know their names. Mr. Football's name is Matt Peardon, and he deserves every ounce of credit and respect that has been given to him...as does Chris Wooden. Everyone is looking at this one game and saying that because Wooden had better stats in this game, he should have won the award. This was one game and not a game to determine the "true Mr. Football" as some of you think. This was a team championship game, and that is what was decided. Even though the offensive stats were in Wooden's favor and DCA's favor, the teams played point for point for 48 minutes. Let's not bring down one player or a team to satisfy our own speculations. Both teams deserve our thanks for a great game and great seasons. Each player deserves credit for his own personal accomplishments and doesn't deserve to be slapped in the face because of someone else's opinion on the matter.

Best wishes to both Matt and Chris. I hope you both have great college careers.

A special thanks to Matt Peardon. You have been a pleasure to watch on that field every Friday night!

so before the game, boyd people were saying "we'll see on friday who the best runningback in 1a is". But now that it's over, boyd says that it all shoudn't be based on that game at all. Big players step up in big games, whether he has a shoe on or not.......heck of a season wooden. You are the best player in 1A and you proved it...you are mine and many others mr football.

so before the game, boyd people were saying "we'll see on friday who the best runningback in 1a is".  But now that it's over, boyd says that it all shoudn't be based on that game at all.  Big players step up in big games, whether he has a shoe on or not.......heck of a season wooden.  You are the best player in 1A and you proved it...you are mine and many others mr football.

825468810[/snapback]

I was not one of those on either side who said that. So, I can make my statement without having to backtrack. Anyway, I'm just saying that both guys deserve a lot of credit, and no one should try to take anything away from either one of them.

Is that so difficult to do?

Why is she on VH1 every Sunday night @ 11? That's channel 30 on my box.

Over 2 newspapers around the world??? What does that mean?

I really don't care about her opinion or anyone else's on this matter...and I'm sure Peardon and the Bucs don't either. I was trying to give both players credit.

Matt won Mr. Football and DCA won the State Title. Neither of those facts is going to change. I think we should all just leave it at that.

---The "mean Boyd man"

Edited by BnL

Yep Peardon has mr football....by default of course. (still waiting on boyd to mail that to wooden)lol. Hey BnL, noone cares what boyd thinks or your outplayed runningback. He had his chance to do his talking on the field. He got shown up. Who's boyd's runningback? Noone noticed him friday...... ;) Give up....go into hiding like the rest of the bucs and their fans.

Why is she on VH1 every Sunday night @ 11? That's channel 30 on my box.

Over 2 newspapers around the world??? What does that mean?

I really don't care about her opinion or anyone else's on this matter...and I'm sure Peardon and the Bucs don't either. I was trying to give both players credit.

Matt won Mr. Football and DCA won the State Title. Neither of those facts is going to change. I think we should all just leave it at that.

---The "mean Boyd man"

825469416[/snapback]

Chris was the better back friday and he deserves much credit. Lets not forget that his line was basically dominate over Boyd's the entire game. He had huge holes to run through, at the same time when there wasnt a hole he jumped over or ran through someone. Great game and congrats to Wooden and DCA.