Arby's Classic

BristolBoy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the Classic...

I've been surfing around the net, reading about all the non-local teams. Yea, the team from Philly is awesome, but who else do you all feel will contend for the title? The team from East Toronto, Ontario Canada sounds like some kind of semi-pro team. Talk about recruiting, they make additions and drop kids like an AAU team in a major metro area. I guess I don't understand the whole "high school" sports thing anymore. I must be old. I have them as the "underdogs" to win the thing.

I figured everyone would know who Myles was. He was the real deal. Central probably won't be getting into the Arby's anytime soon, we went to Florida one year instead of going to the Arby's and from what I heard Burns hasn't let us in since. I really would have liked to seen how we would have fared last year. I wish they would let us back in, but it's not our decision.

Edited by jrock20lr

I have a quick question.  Why is the defending champions of Bradley Central not in this year's tourny to defend their championship?  Just because they lose a few important players doesn't mean they should not be back.  I sure hope it wasn't because they weren't invited because that would be a sad thing to do to not invite the defending champions back.  I am willing to bet that Coach Smith would not turn down another chance to play in the Arby's Classic so I am thinking it had to be because of no invite.  Whats the deal with that?

825464523[/snapback]

They were not contacted about playing this year. When Coach Smith contacted them he didn't get a return call for two weeks and they told him the field was full. Bradley Central was not happy about this. They are playing in the Huntsville Times Classic in Huntsville, AL. Very good tourney, probably the best in Alabama but still not the Arby's Classic.

That means whoever wins this touney will not be the true champs because they will have not beaten the true defending champs this is very wrong and bad for basketball. also they had a chance for a Bradley vs jackson northside matchup  they would have had 1000s of people attend.

825489072[/snapback]

No because Northside dropped out

North side i think is doing awful right now....i think they are 1-5..dont know much bout why..all i kno is that i was looking forward to watching delks again they where well worth watching in murpheesboro..also Bradley central is i think undefeated but arent nearly as good a team as last year..And unaka wouldnt fit into this tournament..if u want a small school in this tournament go for Temple woh pulverized the defending champs on friday night 49-70 in unakas gym

Well Bradley isnt a small school we have i blieve 1500 or 1600 students . And yea i know alot of people will be at the arbys. anyways all i am saying is that it would have been nice to see bradley play northside again plus bradley would have brought alot of people there to watch the game.

As far as being as good as last year i not sure all i know is that we are 10-0 as of right now and just beat the defending georgia 4a champs soo... i guess we will see what happens but i got a very good feeling about this team.