Franklin fans

gtowngrad04

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Germantown Folks -

I have the pleasure of being on the opposing side of the field on fridays, due to doing the stats for Franklin. I enjoy the hospitality of the opposition, as they see me coming up the stands and into the booth with my Power F hat on.

Germantown has plenty to be proud of, passionate fans, hard playing kids, and everyone in the booth was more than gracious.

I hope the individual that fell through the bleachers is OK. We were told in the booth that the bleachers broke through and someone fell and hit their head. Any News?

Congrats on a great run as defending champs, good luck next year.

Woa, the last time the bleachers broke was 1998....what side did it happen on.....home or visitor.......?

I know those old bleachers have got to be in violation of OSHA standards after 50 years.....they've never been replaced because the city wants to keep the past alive. I believe it is high time for metal bleachers....JMHO.

Anyways, thanks and I'm glad you had a good experience at the game.

Our school had a writeup in the Tennessean last year because our visitor bleachers were wooden and old. I think they had been their for at least 40 years but this year the school replaced the wooden with metal. It gives a nicer appearance, gives our school a sense of security when you see visitor fans jumping up and down and know they are safer. The only drawback is metal bleacher make great noisemakers for stompers.

Thanks for the congrats---our first trip to the state and we are PUMPED!

Woa, the last time the bleachers broke was 1998....what side did it happen on.....home or visitor.......?

I know those old bleachers have got to be in violation of OSHA standards after 50 years.....they've never been replaced because the city wants to keep the past alive.  I believe it is high time for metal bleachers....JMHO. 

Anyways, thanks and I'm glad you had a good experience at the game.

825456772[/snapback]

Germantown's visitors bleachers can't be worse than Bartlett's...though I haven't seen or heard about any breaking over here. I know our AD wants to replace the awful visitors bleachers and make that side the home side, but who knows if that'll ever happen. The county school budget seems to be too big on buying remote-controlled cameras for Houston to play with in their gym.

Germantown Folks -

I have the pleasure of being on the opposing side of the field on fridays, due to doing the stats for Franklin.  I enjoy the hospitality of the opposition, as they see me coming up the stands and into the booth with my Power F hat on.

Germantown has plenty to be proud of, passionate fans, hard playing kids, and everyone in the booth was more than gracious.

I hope the individual that fell through the bleachers is OK.  We were told in the booth that the bleachers broke through and someone fell and hit their head.  Any News?

Congrats on a great run as defending champs, good luck next year.

825456761[/snapback]

It was a relative of running back Rashad Taylor, she broke her arm and dislocated a shoulder, it was covered in the Commercial Appeal the next day.