NEW!! Class of 2005 Player Rankings!

gomab2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crossup,

I think even gomab will tell you dotson is better that juco. I dont see how you can say he is inconsistant. Is it because he is averaging 20+ points a game while fighting through double teams. Is it because he was the only guy on the Traverlers to start every game. Or it must be because he was District 11AAA mvp last year. That must be it. You dont recieve calls and letters from over 50 D1 schools as a juco player. You need to let Gomab do the rankings. He knows what he is talking about and obviously you dont. Out!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoMab

Please don't forget about Larricus Brown, Raleigh Egypt forward 6'5" 210 and a solid player in all phases of the game.

Should be on your list and especially ahead of several players from Memphis that he outplays consistently. Strong, with a sweet shot and great instincts. Will probably need juco to convert from power forward to small forward but could play DII or NAIA power forward right now.

Hi Shocker05,, Well I really don't care how many School send letters to these over rated Players :lol: ... I have a film with this kid playing in St Louis and in Houston with his AAU Team,,, :P... 11AAA Ha ha ha thats D-1???????

I was more impressed with Daniel Puckett... That kid along with Jamont Gordon they Carried the Travelers.... I was there..... And my BRO that was the BIG stage the same kids U would play in College at the D-1 Level....

Again I'm not impressed....But if that is your man HEY give him his Props..... And if he plays well at TN Vols,,,, I was wrong but for Right Now.... I can't see IT!!!!!! To many Athletic BIG Brothers play D-1 Basketball Everybody nose that TN Vols are full of D1AA players... Ask GOMAB????

Don't get me wrong GOMAB has this thing down too a science... So stick with him,,, but check my track record I haven't been wrong about a player yet!!! Take that for what it is Worth.... Hate the GAME not Cross-Up.... <_< I Love This Game thumb

Whoever came up with these rankings is an idiot for leaving Caleb Skogan off of the list- the kid doesn't just have a name- he can freakin play- he's only averaging about 30 points and 6-7 assists a game!!!

825460188[/snapback]

Oh yea and by the way he is also leading the single A mr. basketball poll on this very website so not sure why he didn't even make your stupid list

825460208[/snapback]

OoOoOoOo, ur punking some ppl out eh?

y dont u just take a chill pill, the rankings arent done yet, and im sure that gomab is aware of caleb skogen.... gomab will put him where he thinks he belongs.... B)

Hey Gomab

I have noticed that you have said in this and previous post that any of the top four players that you rank could be number one . If that is so why is it that you never have Tyler Smith as number one . It seems to me that he drops every year in your rankings but in your own words he could be number one , why is he never there ? thumb

Edited by 2live

Don't get me wrong GOMAB has this thing down too a science... So stick with him,,, but check my track record I haven't been wrong about a player yet!!! Take that for what it is Worth.... Hate the GAME not Cross-Up....  :) I Love This Game thumb

825460221[/snapback]

well, your wrong...... I'll take Bossi & Gibbons high praise of dotson(guys that have seen players in person all over the country, not just Tennessee and not just "on tapes".. Gomab's on target here! Time will prove us Dotson backers right...

...good question, but I have to go with Reginald as #1 due to his all around game. Of the 4, none shoot as well as Reginald does, which gave him the nod in my mind... He is also a winner, without the supporting cast others have had over the years: he took his underdog Northside team to the State title game, and took his underdog Summer team to a 6th place National finish, often by carrying his team on his back...

I love the size of JP and Richard at the PG slot. Since I base a lot of my rankings on potential and college projection, I love having 2 big PG's ranked so high...

Tyler is the best athlete of the 4, and does things in the air that make my jaw drop. In all honesty, he could likely move to the #3 ranking in the January/February rankings. These Fall, pre-HS, rankings way a little heavier on Summer/AAU performances, where Richard Delk played like a McDonald's All-American. So far in HS, he has been too unselfish at the PG spot, where he doesn't have the scorers around him he did in AAU. I would like to see him dominate offensively a little more in HS, rather than simply playing a pure PG role, or he could be in jeopardy of losing the #3 spot...

In addition, possibly no player has played as well so far this winter as Trenton's Niccheaus Doaks. Doaks is averaging 26 ppg, 16 rpg, and 7 bpg, and has blossomed into a true High Major talent, and a steal for UTC... It's tough to balance HS and Summer performances, as #5 Kinnard had a great summer, but is merely the 3rd option currently in HS...

Look for the sleepers, too, in my rankings, such as #14 Donald Boone, #18 Tyler Troupe, #27 Devin Boyd, #31 Channing Coffey, #33 Marlon Bright, and #35 Kris Smith... None of these guys got much summer pub, but all are hidden gems with a bright future...

Edited by gomab2