District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

I left the Boy's game at halftime and Pigeon Forge was down quite a bit. Wow what a come back I heard.

The officials were bad. The worst thing about them was they were missing walks, carries, and oh my gosh the moving screens. Fouls well that always a judgement call, but the obvious walks and moving screens those are not judgement calls.

Not blaming that on the first half performance of the Tigers, they just played weak on offense.

Good win Guys keep it up.

Edited by jgarrison

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDHS won 50-48 in another nailbiter between the biggest rivals in Greene County. Anytime SGHS/CDHS gets together its usually very intense. You have to give major props to Coach Joe Kilday of CDHS as he's pulled his team from the gutter and put them in the penthouse with this win over SGHS. 8 wins in a row and they now are in first place in the conference.

DD

Rutledge loses a close one at CC with an opportunity to win. Had their best shooter on the line couldn't ask for more than that. C.D. wins a big one at S.G.and P.F. gets one on the road as well. With a couple of home teams not getting it done then that shakes up things a little. No surprise that the Pioneers and Highlanders lose. A little surprising that S.G. and P.F. didn't defend home court. But, oh well, this district is very tough thats the way it goes.

DISTRICT 2AA STANDINGS 1\24\05

1. BlackKnights                      8-2

2. Pioneers                            8-3

3. Panthers                            8-3

4. Rebels                                7-4

5. Tigers                                6-5

6. Patriots                              5-5

7. Bulldogs                              4-8

8. Highlanders                        2-11

9. Buffaloes                            0-10

825534427[/snapback]

Got to disagree with you glory,

You ought to be surprised that the Pioneers lost...they missed enough shots to win and really should have won the game at Claiborne. And yeah, with Tom on the line, it should've been academic.

This one hurts a little, but as long as it motivates the team it did it's job.

Tigers win a big county rival over Seymour last night. Man I have to stop leaving at half time.

Being down the first half I was sure they were going to loose, but Pigeon Forge has proved they can come back with fire being down and play ball. I think this will help them going into the tournaments.

Now can they do it again Friday with GP coming to town?

KevB, I'm glad you have a different opinion than me about the C.C. game. That is what makes the world go around. However, it still doesn't make mine wrong. Since when is C.C. an easy place to get a win? League favorite fell their and C.C. was also coming off a big win at Carter where Rutledge needed OT to win. The Pioneers did keep it close with good defense on a bad shooting night but it definitely was no surprise that they lost. If the Pioneers had beaten everyone they played on the road then you might be surprised but they have not even come close to that have they KevB? Your opinion is worth about as much as mine KevB. Do you think we could get rich with them? Real funny huh?

825536139[/snapback]

glory,

The Pioneers won there last season and had won 4 out of the last five years at Tazewell/New Tazewell. I thought that they would win. History was on the side of that.

I also thought that the Pioneers would get into Claiborne's bench a little. They don't like to sub at all as you saw from the other night. When Nickell had to get blood cleaned up off of his shin, they called timeout. When O'Dell got his fourth foul in the fourth quarter, they stuck in a sub for about a minute tops.

Claiborne has no bench and they won't substitute unless they have to. Someone will take advantage of it sooner than later and I thought the Pioneers would on Friday.

As far as beating everyone else, to this point the only team I felt lile they had a shot at on the road was PF. CG wanted it a lot more. PF was ripe for the picking and they let them get away.

And we know that if if's and but's where candy and nuts we'd all be happy campers!

;) thumb

I don't really have a dog in this fight but I have to agree with gloryseeker KevB. History might mean something if Rutledge still had McBee, Bishop, Potter, Day , and Singleton, but those guys move on and new ones come. That happens at all schools and that is why I don't believe you can look at History as a way to predict High School games. Why was PF ripe for the picking? The Colts said that New England was ripe for the picking also.

Edited by boxn1