Top Dunker in TN?

sam_jones

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember my senior year of high school, Tyler's sophmore year, he was playing against Fairview, he stole the ball and was going toward the basket, when he jumped at the foul line and we all were booing cause he wasn't going to dunk it and low and behold he jams it home. i mean he has major hangtime, it was the most amzing dunk i have seen in hs play.

For someone not that tall, I would have to say Scott Carroll.

And I was very impressed by a FRESHMAN, I saw, he did a 360 double pump at the Jamboree at Thompson Boling Arena.

825460099[/snapback]

Tony....what freshman did a 360 double pump at the jamboree??the only 360 pump was from 6'6 Victor Jones from Karns...he is a good dunker.....

Definately either Charles Little or Tyler Smith, these guys can throw down and will whenever given the opportunity!

825461765[/snapback]

I got the priviledge to see both of them in action against Coffee County. Tyler was better against Coffee and did some awesome dunks in the scrimmage game. Little did not dunk against Coffee, but most of the players agree that he has the most explosive jumping ability than anyone they have seen. He did some awesome dunks at half time of the girls games (between his legs, windmills, off the backboard) the guy can leap.

Conclusion: From what I have seen these have to be 2 of the top in the state.

Booterman, your boy Micah Williams threw down pretty good against us last night. He's pretty high for a junior. That first dunk from outside the lane was impressive. I hate to admit it, but I was disappointed when he tried to steal the ball from our point guard at about halfcourt. I was ready for a show.

Booterman, your boy Micah Williams threw down pretty good against us last night.  He's pretty high for a junior.  That first dunk from outside the lane was impressive.  I hate to admit it, but I was disappointed when he tried to steal the ball from our point guard at about halfcourt.  I was ready for a show.

825461927[/snapback]

Yes, Micah can throw it down as well. He is getting much better at dunking in traffic this year. His senior year he will probably be in the awesome column as well but for right now he can not dunk like Little or Smith. Micah is getting better all the time and should be the big show next year and is already the show this year for CC along with a strong supporting cast lead by Tyler Spry.

I saw Brandon Wright play on Tuesday. He had 5 or 6 dunks. You lose count after a while. All nasty. Low post feed. Drop step, and bladaw( Got his knees all up and stuff) The drop step dunk is as nice as the fast break dunk. He had a couple of those too. But my favorite dunk would have to be the baseline drive, defender on your hip, one handed dunk. I like it because it's so unexpected at the high school level.

Brandon Wright is nasty. And he is a Junior.