Jeff County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

Jefferson County 47 Daniel Boone 35

The game was close for the first half. Boone trailed just 1 at the start of the third before an 11-2 JC run put it out of reach. Ever since the Greeneville game, it seems JC has had problems getting going early in the game.

Katie Rickard had another good effort tonight - 15 points 8 rebounds

Ashley Kyle -12

Ashley Huff - 7 Hard to believe that number

Sarah Jane Sinard 6

Lindsay Lyke - 5

Haley Chambers 2

Daniel Boone was just 5 of 27 from the floor combined in the second and third.

Jefferson County will take on Bearden tomorrow at 11:00 am. They are currently ranked 23rd, just two spots behind JC in the coacht poll (for whatever that is worth lol). As i suspected, Clinton's schedule ranks 10th hardest in the state. I told ya they had played a really tough schedule.

Bearden's losses have came to william blount and heritage

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results from today's JV tournament at Kingsport DB.

Elizabethton 47 Jefferson County 31

Jefferson County 64 - Tennessee High 51

Unknown at this time when JC JV will play again. Elizabethton and Tennessee High play tomorrow to determine pool order, and from today's scores, I would assume that Betsy will beat Tenn High. If so, JC would be 2nd in pool, and play pool B's 3rd place team (also to be decided tomorrow, unless Daniel Boone loses two tonight). Not sure if that would be the 5:30 game or 7:15 game on Tuesday. It could be against a team that has already played on Tuesday.

If JC wins Tuesday, they return for 2 games Wednesday...semifinal game against Pool A champ, and then either the 3rd place game, or championship game.

Reports are that despite a hard fought loss in the first game, and having to play back to back games, the girls never wavered in the second game. From the score, it appears that it was an up and down game, which should have been a problem for the 7 girl squad from Dumplin Valley, but they prevailed.

All that running in practice seems to have paid off!!!

I will update this later when I see the scorebook, but I understand that scoring in 2nd game had Sharpe with 20, Potts with 15, and Elliott with 13.

For interested parties,

Pool A

Jefferson County

Elizabethton

Tennessee High

Pool B

Daniel Boone

Gate City

Dobyns Bennet

JC played two games today, and Daniel Boone was scheduled to play back to back today.

Tuesday Schedule:

2:00 Pool A Game

3:45 Pool B game

5:30 1st round of single elimination

7:15 1st round of single elimination

Good win against Tenn High JV.  High scoring game.  Lots of pressing and turnovers?  EHS JV better not take THS lightly tommorrow. In summer league they gave EHS all they wanted and then some.  I'd be surprised if Daniel Boone doesnt emerge from the other pool.

825491602[/snapback]

My understanding is that Tennessee High pressed most of the game, JC did not. JC was able to break the press often, but also had some turnovers, which is a fairly normal situation. JC led at the end of all 4 quarters, had to hit a lot of free throws down the stretch as Tenn High tried to get back in late.

I had the top scorers for the 2nd game correctly for JC, the other 16 points was pretty evenly spread.

Top scorers in 1st game was Potts with 10, Elliott with 8.

The tournament is set up in an interesting format, and given the # of teams, and time frame, I am not sure how else it would be done, but JC will have to leave today for Kingsport before the last Pool A game will be completed, which will decide when they play next. It is possible, but not likely, that they could arrive, only to find out that due to a tiebreaker, they don't play until Wednesday. Of course, if they had won both games Monday, they would KNOW they don't play until Wednesday. The more likely scenario is that indeed they will play today.

Good Luck Lady Patriots!

Edited by raiderray

Raiderray,

are you able to give me your opinion on the JV coach?

825491654[/snapback]

Where it pertains to Jefferson County, I make it my comittment on these posts to not discuss coaches, or coaches decisions. In addition, I am always attempting to talk about the positive things the players do in the sports I comment on. I attempt to make fair (at least IMO) evalautions, based on my observations without being negative towards an individual.

I have seen enough posts on these message boards degrading coaches and players, and I don't think it is a good thing for players, parents or coaches to have to read. I saw enough of that stuff on the football boards this past fall to last me a lifetime.

The players are too young to get blasted the way some folks do, and coaching is difficult enough without me going on a public forum and adding my relatively un-informed ideas. Let them coach, let the players play, I will watch and cheer, and then come home and inform those less fortunate folks who couldn't get there. thumb

Now, ask me about some referees....LOL!

ok raiderray, ill take that as a no ;) The only reason i brought it up is because i found myself sitting amongst fans from three other schools and there were some things that didn't sit well with them. Not the players on the court but other things. But i'll leave it at that because i don't really have a personal opinion on it and i dont want to get our thread shut down.