Jeff County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

Anyway back to the game, here are the final stats for the second game yesterday.

Sharpe - 20 points, 5 of 10 shooting, 10 of 13 freethrows, 8 rebounds

Potts - 15 points, 6 of 11 shooting, 4 rebounds, 5 steals

Elliott - 13 points, 2 of 6 shooting, 2 three-pointers and 7 fts, 7 rebounds

Cotner - 4 points, 2 of 7 shooting, 7 rebounds, 6 steals

Chappel - 7 points, 3 of 9 shooting, 5 rebounds

Addams - 3 points

#10 forgot her name and dont have a line up in front of me ;) 2 points

Here is the way the rest of the bracket plays out.

Pool A - Jeff County, Elizabethton, and Tennessee High

Pool B - Daniel Boone, Gate City and DB

(1) Pool B second place and Pool A third place - Today at 5:30 p.m.

(2) Pool A second place and Pool B third place - Today at 7:15 p.m.

(3) winner of game 1 against Pool A first place - Wednesday 2:00 p.m.

(4) winner of game 2 against Pool B first place - Wednesday 3:45 p.m.

Winner of game 3 and 4 - Wednesday 7:15 p.m.

Loser of game 3 and 4 - Wednesday 5:30 p.m.

Edited by DZbettin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok raiderray, ill take that as a no  ;)  The only reason i brought it up is because i found myself sitting amongst fans from three other schools and there were some things that didn't sit well with them.  Not the players on the court but other things.  But i'll leave it at that because i don't really have a personal opinion on it and i dont want to get our thread shut down.

825492507[/snapback]

Were their fans offended by the nicknames being called out by the announcer instead of real names? Ex. Dot Elliott, Lauren Sharpie, Laura Pottsey, Chap, etc.

I am a Lady Cyclones fan and stayed around to watch the second game between JC and Tenn High. Maybe it was the girl that was eating nachos on the bench in the third quarter.

Also JC stayed out on the floor during both halftimes and laughed and cut up, while all of the other teams in the tournament went to the lockerroom like a normal basketball team. Is there no need to discuss strategy or do they not take JV ball seriously?

Edited by EastTnBball

Also JC stayed out on the floor during both halftimes and laughed and cut up, while all of the other teams in the tournament went to the lockerroom like a normal basketball team.  Is there no need to discuss strategy or do they not take JV ball seriously?

825492713[/snapback]

That maybe more habit than anything else. When our JV play games, usually our Varsity are in the lockerroom, so the JV team stays out on the court during halftime. Also, the halftimes at this tournament are about 5 minutes longer than during the regular season. In a 3 minute halftime, you lose a lot of time going off and on the court.

I agree that under normal circumstances that is not proper basketball etiquitte(sp?). In the player's defense, they had to be at the gym by 1PM ready to go, which actually means being there at 12:45 at the latest, JC was playing the 2nd of two games, and that would have made the 2nd half start around 4:30. Factor in a 90 minute drive, and it could have been close to 6 hours since she had eaten anything.

She might have been feeling light headed, etc. Not calling anyone out, EastTnBall, but I imagine that most of your Lady Cyclones had had something to eat by halftime of the JC - Tenn High game. That is usually the first thing out of my daughter's mouth after a game..." I need some money, please".

Hopefully, this can be chalked up to experience, and to know better what to bring to a doubleheader (powerbars, etc) that is more common to a bench area, and less noticeable to the crowd.

Believe me, I know that it's not ideal to play games back to back. Be just to tell you how it looked to outsiders. The girl didn't have on the right uniform shorts and then she is sitting on the bench eating. Im sure that if you saw one of our players do that you would have the same discussion. Anyway, you dont even have to respond to that because i wont be back on this topic. Have a nice day, and see you next monday.

Oh and by the way, the scoreboard did reflect it in the first game ;o)

Edited by EastTnBball

I would like to question the person/group that was in charge of scheduling the games, I realize they were trying to cut down on days to travel up to kingsport, but honestly who has 2 teams play back to back games? I've never seen a tournament set up this way. If the travel was their reason for having Daniel Boone and Jeff. Co. play 2 games on a day then why not have them alternate games so they can have a chance to relax and hey get something to eat? just a suggestion to those in charge of scheduling.