Good time for 40 yard dash

Corrupted-Minds

reggie white a 300 + pound guy running a 4.3? yea right...no way in heck reggie white ran i 4.3......the fastest man in the world ran barely under a 4.3.....and he prolly didn't weigh over 160.....no way reggie white ran a 4.3. Period

On anothernote.....a good 40-time for a reciver would be a sub 4.5. if your a reciver that's over 6 foot tall and run under a 4.4 you can pick your collage (sp).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reggie white a 300 + pound guy running a 4.3? yea right...no way in heck reggie white ran i 4.3......the fastest man in the world ran barely under a 4.3.....and he prolly didn't  weigh over  160.....no way reggie white ran a 4.3. Period

On anothernote.....a good 40-time for a reciver would be a sub 4.5. if your a reciver that's over 6 foot tall and run under a 4.4 you can pick your collage (sp).

825469779[/snapback]

In other words, Patrick Turner of Goodpasture, right?

4.3 is considered "world class" speed by definition. I'm more familiar with track than football, and one thing that I know for sure is that the majority of 40 yard dash times are very incorrect. Anytime a coach is timing his own player on a grass field with a stopwatch a 4.7 can easily become 4.4. This argument is really about "generally" fast people, because without some kind of accurate timing system a few tenths of a second is impossible to clock. Plus, any kid who runs a 4.5 is ALWAYS going to say he runs a 4.4. These times you see for 40 yard dashes are just estimations at best. You could say somebody that gets timed at 4.4 is "really fast" compared to someone who was timed at running a 4.7. In reality, there is absolutely no accurate way to clock someone with a stopwatch at this distance.

What would you expect for a running back that is under 6 feet tall, and wieghs over 200 lbs....or what is good times for running backs. I've heard a running back 200 lbs. and over is 4.5-4.7 speed. and anything under doesn't have the weight to play the position at the next level. The fact of the matter is that you have so many different types of running backs that u can't really determine what with speed.It all comes from the heart of the player and his potential to get better..Thats waht colleges are looking for...Also they are looking for a player on the field and in the classroom too. Their are too many good athletes in america for a college to recruit the dumb or ignorant ones.

Edited by jktfan

What is considered a good time for you true big linemen in highschool.  We have played against some teams that have big linemen that can move and against some that have big linemen that cannot move.  Some can move their feet side to side pretty good but can't move fast enough to get thru the line for sacks. What do you think is a good time?

825469701[/snapback]

UBANKIT,

you guys had a great season.

Congrats to you.

I just noticed an old post you had asking if I were the QB that left CBHS.

Good eye on your part.

I'm his uncle and very bitter over the way he was treated. I currently live near Nashville and saw my nephew lead his team to a big win over a Brentwood team that ended up playing for the title.

Coacht is not the place to vent but when you get messed over like the young man did, its been hard on the family and hard to get over.

I guess my family didnt have the money to keep up over there.

He was 5-1 as the starter with great leadership.

It felt like getting slapped in the face but couldnt get even, we have all been very angry.

As for your team, I played against TRA in 1981 when I played O - Line for Graham Heights back in Memphis.

I'm really proud of all the old private schools like yours that are still around and doing well. Hope next year is another good one for you. Its all over for my nephew and he deserved better. He wasnt a captain for nothing and didnt become a bad kid over nite. They lost all games without him and that should say something.

"Losers never know why they are losing. They will mention injuries, the officiating, the weather and bad breaks." -- George Allen

JJ

What would be a good forty time for a 40yr plus 230 pound 6 ft tall person?

And lets say just for arguments sake he is being chased by people with sticks and clubs

or he just realized he missed the ice cream truck

or he is loaded up on caffeine and cigarettes

or he is running down the side of monteagle mountain

Just wondering what would be some good times in those situatuions.

i think that the 40 times vary for the different positions:

1- Receivers 4.6 - 4.3

average college player- 4.4

2- Linemen 5.1 -4.7

average college player- 4.8

3- Running Backs 4.6 - 4.4

average college player- 4.5

4- Quarterbacks/Kickers 4.6 - 4.3

5- Linebackers 4.7 - 4.5

averaage college player- 4.6

6- Defensive Backs/Saftey 4.5 - 4.3

there i changed it happy now

Edited by football17

football 17- your times are way off. Anybody can run a 4.4 if their dad is running the clock. 4.4 speed is so rare i'd say as few as 15-20 college players ran it at the Indianapolis combine before the draft. If any 285 and up lineman are running a legit 4.8 then they are D-1 prospects even if they cant play a lick.

Guys think about Big Boy Lenard Little running at you? He is a big guy, well I watched him run his 40 time and he is 6'6 265lbs and he ran a 4.27, he is the fastest D-Linemen in history of UT and in the NFL, and under 4.3 isnt that scarce in the NFL there is at least 50 or more guys that can run that fast. Donte Stallworth runs a 4.1 so...there are more Donte Stallworth's and Little's out there than just a dozen. HTV you are wrong sorry but the Reggie thing could be true but get off the guys back that is what ESPN told him, you gotta bea real jerk to be a punk on a high school website about high school football.