West Tn Football=WEAK? Is it?

paintc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me how many gold balls( or silver balls) that the Fairview Yellowjackets have in their trophy case. just wondering

825471323[/snapback]

Actually they have none and I know that, but I support my alma mater no matter what there record is. But that isn't the topic here. Since you know the East and Middle are better you have to go a try to attack my alma mater.

GB,

There you go again, pot stirrin'. :ph34r:

This is really a useless point because the gold ball winner does NOT necessarily come from the"TOUGHEST" region or area of the state. You know that. I honestly believe that West TN (at least in AA and possibly other classifications) is as tough top to bottom as any part of the state.

Besides, next season, in class AA most figure that Alcoa will be backat the 'Boro but, who knows. Last season it looked like Huntingdon might have a cake walk to repeat. The number of gold balls doesn't have much to do with toughest area of the state to play in in any given classification.

Guess you had to stir up one more fuss before the season got completely gone, huh?

thumb

Edited by duckman38201

This is absolutely the stupidest post that I've ever read. There's no way to measure which part of the state has better football teams. Most teams only play a team from a different section of the state once a year in the State Chamionship. That is only one game. Anything can happen in one game

GB, lol, and we will resume these same silly debates next season most likely!! That is if we all live and do well which I hope for everyone. Only big problem for me is that we'll be in class A next season but, I'll stop by and check you guys out no doubt.

Good luck to the Rebels (and the Yellowjackets) in '05.

825472950[/snapback]

Thanks Duckman, same to McKenzie. I think the Rebels will do very well down in 1A. With Hayes returning the Rebels well be a potent opponent every week. Man I still can't believe Hayes is in school. Remember when I was a senior and he was a freshman playing against him. He was great then, no telling how great he is now.

The west weak? I don't think so. DII, out of the 6 teams that made it to the finals, 5 were from Shelby County. All except for Brentwood Academy. And the winners? All from Shelby County. I know that DI didn't bring home a gold ball, but the west was there representing the left side. Melrose was 1 point away from one. Look at the run the west had like Melrose, Huntington, Kingsbury, Germantown, Collierville, Ridgeway, and Ripley. Add in teams like Covington, White Station, Milan, Cordova, Haywood, JCM, Martin Westview, Crockett County, and Lexington. I believe the west is doing just fine!

And you want to count gold balls? Germantown and Ridgeway have gotten them in the last few years to go along with all the DII ones. Also, Riverdale has dominated 5A. Is it weak that the west didn't beat them for the title? Then that says a lot about them being UNDEFEATED before they played anyone from the west.

Edited by CoachBray

The west weak?  I don't think so.  DII, out of the 6 teams that made it to the finals, 5 were from Shelby County.  All except for Brentwood Academy.  And the winners?  All from Shelby County.  I know that DI didn't bring home a gold ball, but the west was there representing the left side.  Melrose was 1 point away from one.  Look at the run the west had like Melrose, Huntington, Kingsbury, Germantown, Collierville, Ridgeway, and Ripley.  Add in teams like Covington, White Station, Milan, Cordova, Haywood, JCM, Martin Westview, Crockett County, and Lexington.  I believe the west is doing just fine!

And you want to count gold balls?  Germantown and Ridgeway have gotten them in the last few years to go along with all the DII ones.  Also, Riverdale has dominated 5A.  Is it weak that the west didn't beat them for the title?  Then that says a lot about them being UNDEFEATED before they played anyone from the west.

825473108[/snapback]

Read some of my previous post, we are talking Gold Balls and the West have only brought home 8 titles in 10 years in Division 1. Doesnt sound like they are the best region for football.