Region 6-5A 2005

Auburnfan1007

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please know that fhsreb12 is of no affiliation to the Franklin High School Football team. His responses are embarrasing both to him and the program. If he would like to show his face to one of our football players or to myself, I believe his mouth would quit running. Thank You to all of our fans that use this website. Please continue supporting Franklin in a positive manner.

Based upon JV games I would think that Brentwood might have a down year next year, but coaching is such an important component that I think they will find a way to contend for Region Champion again.

Ravenwood, no reason to think they won't be even stronger than last year, they have done it with a good line and a great QB.

Columbia ...always a threat, big, physical....if they find any skill and speed players ...your in trouble.

Centennial- I look for big changes there. I hope that Coach Gregory adapts his offense to something less predictable...anyone know about the QB situation there?

Franklin will have the best line in years, good QBs and plenty of recievers. look for them to go back to the passng game. Kicking needs to mature but has the ability. Coaching will find a way.

JV games are but one predictor, but only give part of the story. Bruins JV lost a couple of games this year for the first time in three years, however, you have to look deeper into why. Because of injuries to seniors, juniors and sophs moved up to the varsity and did not play JV games. Their experience came in the fire of varsity action. Sophomore class for 2005 season is deep and talented and many will see playing time next year at the varsity level. Rising junior class has some talented players, just not a lot of them. Bruins need running backs. Could have the best kicking game in the region with 3 year starter Chris Walsh and rising junior Kevin Loudermilk.

BDD- the qb situation at centennial could go one of two ways. dayne baron, who started at safety this year for chs and filled in for scott when he was injured might play. he's very athletic but i dont know if he can throw the ball. what is more likely to happen is anthony reed will play. academics kept him out this year but ppl say he may be the best passer centennial has had. this is purely speculation and i have never talked to any coaches about this (just a fan not a player), but i would guess it would be reed. with him at qb and caprice longmire and barron at wr, and brian magochy and zandar maze at te chs could be a very good passing team. but who knows what will happen. i won't be around to see it, but i hope they have a great year next year.

I believe that the two teams to beat next year will be Franklin and Ravenwood.

Next year's Franklin team has a good number of returing starters, great coaching, but most importantly, they showed these past three years that they know how to win.

Ravenwood is still a relatively new team but by beating Brentwood and Gallatin they have started to establish themselves as a true contender. They have a lot of players coming back including their quarterback.

You can never count Brentwood out, but I think that both these teams will be the best in the region

Centennial has to go to a passing game whether they want to or not. Can you imagine the outcry by boosters if they don't? Losing to Wesly Fink and the pass happy Wildcats was the best thing that could have happened to Centennial for the long run!

I'm sure that Centennial has several players capable of running a run and shooot offense. I would think that Coach Gregory is busy trying to find an Offensive Coordinator that will put a new dynamic offense in play next year.

Columbia (IMO) is worse than Centennial in their predictability, all they do is try to get to the corner. Two years ago they tried to get Fred Sparkman to beat you at the corner. If they had let that guy run North and South instead of East and West he would have been even better. They always have a big line but their technique is not very good and they wear down easily. I love their stadium and the atmoshere of playing there.

I wish I knew more about Clarksville NW

Edited by BigDogDaddy