Mega-phones at basketball games

naderman

I heard that you cannot single out individual players anymore. Is this true?

825471810[/snapback]

yeah, you can get in trouble for singling out players. its all about the refs you get for the game. when our students singled out someone wearing tall socks, the ref stopped and turned to us and told us to stop. but you never know...you might get a group of refs who could care less. as far as rules about it...i have no idea.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know someone mentioned using white boards... did they allow that??? i'm thinking about bringing one for a game tonight?

825472003[/snapback]

white boards ARE allowed. we use them at every game to write what cheer we're gonna do...or to write stuff to the other students. so yeah, you should be able to use them...good luck nokona

bowlcutt... any original cheers, or things that you write that fire up the student's, opponents, or fans?

825472840[/snapback]

you just gotta do any cheers that come to your heads. but to make them effective, you have to have a core group of people leading them. otherwise they're going to make people say "what the heck are they saying" and "no that cheer is gay" the only cheers that are usually gay...are the ones where only 5 or 6 people are cheering. the key...lots of people fired up for their team. good-luck

I think the refs and TSSAA are getting ridiculous. I loved going into other people's gyms and getting booed or taunted. I even heard a pro player say once "If you aren't getting harassed by the other teams fans, then you aren't doing anything." I think you should be able to hurl insults as long as they are not racial or dealing with something that shouldn't be talked about (a.k.a. Kobe and the rape trial). This is ridiculous. Let students have fun.

this sounds stupid even to me but i wonder if the pacers pistons game has anything to do with all this tightening down this year...i mean it really is getting out of hand i mean i wanna have fun at the game and cheer for my team and be able to enjoy it...but sometimes thats doesnt work when there tellin us to sit in our seats and not stand up...whats that all about

i mean it really is getting out of hand i mean i wanna have fun at the game and cheer for my team and be able to enjoy it...but sometimes thats doesnt work when there tellin us to sit in our seats and not stand up...whats that all about

825474820[/snapback]

dunno, but it is out of hand, if they keep it up, the attendence is gonna start to drop.... to me, its all about (like someone said earlier) homecourt advantage....

exactly its all about the pageantry and if your not gonna let us have fun then as you said attendance will really drop and noone wants to see that happen

825474836[/snapback]

u should come to see a game at santa fe, its ridiculous.... they kicked us out from behind the goal in the endzone, so we moved up top, and they kicked us out from the balcony too...