Riverdale's Rankin

OT2

Oakland[/url'>' date='Dec 7 2004 - 10:33 AM']let me enlighten you folks that dont really know gary rankin: he does this every year to scare riverdale into giving him a raise. hes been feeding the media the" i have nothing left to accomplish at riverdale" crap for the last 3-4 years. rankin isnt going anywhere......................

825472180[/snapback]

How much does Rankin make......bet he makes the same the coach at Siegal makes.......Gary has told me several times he would love to coach at Cleveland because he wants that small town atmosphere he had at Carthage. My bet he coaches Riverdale a couple more then heads to a powerhouse in Ga.......just my guess but one thing for sure....he ain't long for Riverdale.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the Riverdale/Franklin game on TV Saturday night & the cameras zoomed in on Rankin right before kickoff in the second half. Rankin proceeded to pull out a can of Skoal or Copenhagen & put in a dip. It is against the rules for coaches, players and game officials to have any tobacco on the sidelines. I have seen many times where cameras zoom in on him like on highlights of their games on Friday & he always has a dip in. Does he think this rule dont apply to him? Did anyone notice this? I umpire college baseball & we have strict rules about tobacco. I also like to put a dip in. I would never put a dip in while I am umpiring & I do not allow coaches or players to dip either. Any opinions on this? Rankin, if you read this leave your dip can at home or in your office, you are breaking the tobacco rule.

825472057[/snapback]

Twittycanes must be a woman. Do you want some cheese with your wine. Why are you bringing something like this up.

Edited by futbolfan

Guest Oakland
How much does Rankin make......bet he makes the same the coach at Siegal makes.......Gary has told me several times he would love to coach at Cleveland because he wants that small town atmosphere he had at Carthage. My bet he coaches Riverdale a couple more then heads to a powerhouse in Ga.......just my guess but one thing for sure....he ain't long for Riverdale.

825472234[/snapback]

haha thanks for giving me a good laugh. watson only dreams he could make the kind of money rankin makes. rankin may want the small town feel, but he wont be leaving riverdale to do so

Oakland[/url]' date='Dec 7 2004 - 11:10 AM']haha thanks for giving me a good laugh. watson only dreams he could make the kind of money rankin makes. rankin may want the small town feel, but he wont be leaving riverdale to do so

825472248[/snapback]

rankin is payed a % of his salary just like everyone else.......now does some group "kick" in???????????? well i doubt that in murfreesboro...but in cleveland he would start at 15,000........at Carthage he told me he made 3,000.

Guest Oakland
rankin is payed a % of his salary just like everyone else.......now does some group "kick" in???????????? well i doubt that in murfreesboro...but in cleveland he would start at 15,000........at Carthage he told me he made 3,000.

825472263[/snapback]

it may show up on paper that he makes the same as everybody else, but some group does kick in some money to keep him at riverdale. do you seriously not think they would spend the big money to keep him there? like i said before, rankin isnt going anywhere. not to say that i wouldnt like him to leave :D

Twittycanes must be a woman.  Do you want some cheese with your wine.  Why are you bringing something like this up.

825472245[/snapback]

futbolfan, twittycanes is not very bright. If someone wants to dip, it's their perogative. It is totally pointless to bring something as stupid as this up. It shows how much education some people get while in school. This is all directed towards twittycanes. I got one question for you, how about Alcoa?

Edited by justin groves 03

I was watching the Riverdale/Franklin game on TV Saturday night & the cameras zoomed in on Rankin right before kickoff in the second half. Rankin proceeded to pull out a can of Skoal or Copenhagen & put in a dip. It is against the rules for coaches, players and game officials to have any tobacco on the sidelines. I have seen many times where cameras zoom in on him like on highlights of their games on Friday & he always has a dip in. Does he think this rule dont apply to him? Did anyone notice this? I umpire college baseball & we have strict rules about tobacco. I also like to put a dip in. I would never put a dip in while I am umpiring & I do not allow coaches or players to dip either. Any opinions on this? Rankin, if you read this leave your dip can at home or in your office, you are breaking the tobacco rule.

825472057[/snapback]

I didnt see this but I definitely heard the news. Rankin thinks he can do whatever he wants and I guess he really can. Something should be done about this. Dont you think Cleveland must be willing to reach deep into their pockets to even get interest from Rankin....Riverdale will have to match....Rankin knows this thats why this happens every year.

I've stayed out of this all day but here are my thoughts...

1. He has another Gold Ring on the way so what else does he have to prove to anyone?

2. He just won the highest title in the state so maybe he deserves a raise?

3. He may simply want a new challenge at this point in his career?

4. It appears that some people in Bradley County have some deep pockets and if they're willing to shell out some big bucks to bring in the LFO coach at BCHS, the top coach in this state may give you a look at Cleveland... so why not?

Twittycanes must be a woman.  Do you want some cheese with your wine.  Why are you bringing something like this up.

825472245[/snapback]

futbolfan - I am not whinning. I absolutely have no ties with Riverdale. As a high school football fan I was watching the game & saw that he put a dip in. The reason I bring this up is because Rankin seems like he thinks he is above the rules. Tobacco usage during a game is not permitted. I am not trying to make this a big deal but it just makes me think that Rankin is above some of the rules. Referees should not let him do this. I know he probably is not the only coach that does that.

futbolfan - I am not whinning. I absolutely have no ties with Riverdale. As a high school football fan I was watching the game & saw that he put a dip in. The reason I bring this up is because Rankin seems like he thinks he is above the rules. Tobacco usage during a game is not permitted. I am not trying to make this a big deal but it just makes me think that Rankin is above some of the rules. Referees should not let him do this. I know he probably is not the only coach that does that.

825472347[/snapback]

He also has a two headed coin, just ask region4fan. :D

Rules are made to be broken. Oh wait, that is RECORDS are made to be broken, my bad.