Perry County at Summertown

balla44

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are into small school, Class A basketball (and believe me there's nothing like it), then Summertown will be the place to be on Friday. Two of the best teams in Class A going at it in what is turning out to be one of the greatest rivalries in Tennessee. The atmosphere will be like none other in the "sweatbox" with Perry County fans on one side and Summertown fans on the other. If you don't like basketball, then just come to watch these two groups of fans go at it, because they are going to get loud and rowdy with one another, guaranteed.

If you are into small school, Class A basketball (and believe me there's nothing like it), then Summertown will be the place to be on Friday.  Two of the best teams in Class A going at it in what is turning out to be one of the greatest rivalries in Tennessee.  The atmosphere will be like none other in the "sweatbox" with Perry County fans on one side and Summertown fans on the other.  If you don't like basketball, then just come to watch these two groups of fans go at it, because they are going to get loud and rowdy with one another, guaranteed.

825472801[/snapback]

yes very true, should be a great game!!

but i always thought that summertown, was the ark. it is old, and kinda resembles the ark....

Bigwilly, to be honest, the large wooden beams in the S'town gym were designed and made by a shipbuilding company in the Pacific Northwest and shipped in via train, back in the early 1950s. So your analogy of an Ark is not far off.

It is a beautiful gym - although a little on the small side (seats about 1,150) by today's standards - with a rich history and a great home-court advantage. We all love her and it makes for a great atmosphere - especially for big games like we will see Friday night. Game tips off at 6:00 PM, but you better get there early if you want a seat !! The music, band and crowds will be rocking. Expect a loud and rowdy crowd on both sides of the floor .....

Bigwilly, to be honest, the large wooden beams in the S'town gym were designed and made by a shipbuilding company in the Pacific Northwest and shipped in via train, back in the early 1950s.  So your analogy of an Ark is not far off.   

It is a beautiful gym - although a little on the small side (seats about 1,150) by today's standards - with a rich history and a great home-court advantage.  We all love her and it makes for a great atmosphere - especially for big games like we will see Friday night.  Game tips off at 6:00 PM, but you better get there early if you want a seat !!    The music, band and crowds will be rocking.  Expect a loud and rowdy crowd on both sides of the floor .....

825474429[/snapback]

it also resembles cameron arena, where duke plays, but its much much smaller, but i can see the resemblance with the cameron crazies!! the crowd is always rowdy and i enjoy the games there...

Edited by bigwilly

Bigwilly, to be honest, the large wooden beams in the S'town gym were designed and made by a shipbuilding company in the Pacific Northwest and shipped in via train, back in the early 1950s.  So your analogy of an Ark is not far off.   

It is a beautiful gym - although a little on the small side (seats about 1,150) by today's standards - with a rich history and a great home-court advantage.  We all love her and it makes for a great atmosphere - especially for big games like we will see Friday night.  Game tips off at 6:00 PM, but you better get there early if you want a seat !!    The music, band and crowds will be rocking.  Expect a loud and rowdy crowd on both sides of the floor .....

825474429[/snapback]

I played there.... it is a great gym, and nothing can get as exciting as that place can. It was a spiritual feeling going to war on that court. Lots of blood sweat and tears have soaked into that floor.

Although i like coach Willard and i think he prepares his girls better than any coach in the state, I am going to have to give a slight edge to the girls from Perry County. The combination of their inside and outside game is tough to stop, i dont seeing anyone beating them in district 12A. They are also coached very well!!! Should be a great game.