Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW ABOUT YOU SHUT UP CUZ I CAN BACK IT UP SODDY IS 8-0........

825475388[/snapback]

Let me break this down for you, I thought you were a genius guess not <_< , when you tell me to "SHUT UP CUZ I CAN BACK IT UP SODDY IS 8-0" that is trash talking. It's not even just in this thread you are constantly talking trash about every team Soddy plays. Also, 7/16 of an inch is the distance between your pinky on the A key and Caps Lock because you apparently forgot. thumb

Edited by Old School Baller 24

After having seen Ooltewah play Friday night, I was not really very impressed with their effort or their play. They were sloppy and must do a better job of taking care of the ball. They allowed a much smaller team have too many opportunities for second shots, and at times were outplayed by a weaker opponent.

On the other hand, I saw a team with much more talent than I was expecting to see. They are bigger than last year, but weaker in their guard play... but that would be hard to match, because they had a bunch of guards and Courtney White last year. White, Porter and Westbrook is a pretty good group in the post. Brown was so much quicker than any of CH's guards that he scored at will. If he could shoot consistently, he would be courted heavily by a lot of college teams. He is a great defender and is able to slash in multiple ways to the basket -- finishes much better than last year.

As for Soddy, I would never have thought they would be 8-0 at the time of year, regardless of who they played. I have not seen them play, and even though their competition has been weak, you cannot discount 8-0. From what I have read, they have some talent. I spoke with coach Baker at the game Tuesday night and he said that Soddy is much more improved and expects the game on Friday to be very tough. He indicated the need for Ooltewah to come ready to play.

I don't think either of these teams can possibly claim they are ready for the state playoffs. Certainly, this one is a step in the right direction, and the winner will have a leg up on the other. With what I know and have heard to date... the edge goes to Ooltewah, because the game is that The New Barn in Ooltewah. But a word of caution... I have not seen Soddy Daisy play and this could be a surprise.

Should be a good game for Chattanoogans to see.

After having seen Ooltewah play Friday night, I was not really very impressed with their effort or their play.  They were sloppy and must do a better job of taking care of the ball.  They allowed a much smaller team have too many opportunities for second shots, and at times were outplayed by a weaker opponent.

On the other hand, I saw a team with much more talent than I was expecting to see.  They are bigger than last year, but weaker in their guard play... but that would be hard to match, because they had a bunch of guards and Courtney White last year.  White, Porter and Westbrook is a pretty good group in the post.  Brown was so much quicker than any of CH's guards that he scored at will.  If he could shoot consistently, he would be courted heavily by a lot of college teams.  He is a great defender and is able to slash in multiple ways to the basket -- finishes much better than last year.

As for Soddy, I would never have thought they would be 8-0 at the time of year, regardless of who they played.  I have not seen them play, and even though their competition has been weak, you cannot discount 8-0.  From what I have read, they have some talent.  I spoke with coach Baker at the game Tuesday night and he said that Soddy is much more improved and expects the game on Friday to be very tough.  He indicated the need for Ooltewah to come ready to play.

I don't think either of these teams can possibly claim they are ready for the state playoffs.  Certainly, this one is a step in the right direction, and the winner will have a leg up on the other.  With what I know and have heard to date... the edge goes to Ooltewah, because the game is that The New Barn in Ooltewah.  But a word of caution... I have not seen Soddy Daisy play and this could be a surprise.

Should be a good game for Chattanoogans to see.

825475868[/snapback]

Good Post, and your right, even though they haven't played some stronger teams yet, you can't discount an 8-0 start. Soddy is tough, and have proved that. But even with Rhea being decent, I believe the Owls will be the first true test for the trojans. I also spoke with little and big baker and they both said, "We will be ready to play" So I believe basketballisbest is right the home court asvantage will help lead the Owls to victory. Also, I think the tempo and how well Ooltewah will perform is in the hands of Brandon Brown. He is a great guard, and if he can get some good guard play going the team is going to hard to stop. Owls edge out the Trojans.

Ooltewah Owls- 69

Soddy-Daisy Trojans- 65

Again, I cannot speak from having seen Soddy play, but when I looked up their roster, they were not little guys... a pretty impressive list 6'3"; 6'4"; 6'5"; 6'5"; 6'6"; and 6'8". Doesn't look too tiny to me.

Man, how much one year can make a difference. Where did all these guys come from? Are these big guys playing? If so, they should dominate people inside.

I'm not sure what to think about this game. As I said earlier, even Ooltewah is a little bigger than last year. Last year it was a boatload full of guards and Courtney White. Now they have several guys bigger than 6'3".

I do agree that from what I remember of Soddy, they will have a hard time guarding Brown. The key will be don't let him drive and force him to shoot from outside. If Soddy keeps White off the boards, he can be neutralized. Like I saw last year, White has a tendency to disappear in games. He needs to come out with fire and never let up. I don't think he realizes how good he could be.

At any rate, until I see Soddy, I am not willing to say this is Ooltewah's in a blow out. Ooltewah simply has a lot of weaknesses -- turnovers; outside shooting is down; tendency to be lazy at times; they lose their focus and play sloppy. They won't get away with that against better teams. From what I heard, those are the things that cost them against McMinn County. You can't have those kinds of moments in games and expect to keep winning.

I'll still give Ooltewah the edge at home.

Again, I cannot speak from having seen Soddy play, but when I looked up their roster, they were not little guys... a pretty impressive list 6'3"; 6'4"; 6'5"; 6'5"; 6'6"; and 6'8".  Doesn't look too tiny to me. 

Man, how much one year can make a difference.  Where did all these guys come from?  Are these big guys playing?  If so, they should dominate people inside. 

I'm not sure what to think about this game.  As I said earlier, even Ooltewah is a little bigger than last year.  Last year it was a boatload full of guards and Courtney White.  Now they have several guys bigger than 6'3". 

I do agree that from what I remember of Soddy, they will have a hard time guarding Brown.  The key will be don't let him drive and force him to shoot from outside.  If Soddy keeps White off the boards, he can be neutralized.  Like I saw last year, White has a tendency to disappear in games.  He needs to come out with fire and never let up.  I don't think he realizes how good he could be.

At any rate, until I see Soddy, I am not willing to say this is Ooltewah's in a blow out.  Ooltewah simply has a lot of weaknesses -- turnovers; outside shooting is down; tendency to be lazy at times; they lose their focus and play sloppy.  They won't get away with that against better teams.  From what I heard, those are the things that cost them against McMinn County.  You can't have those kinds of moments in games and expect to keep winning.

I'll still give Ooltewah the edge at home.

825476864[/snapback]

You may be right, but either way you have to give it to Ooltewah.