Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

Ha, funny you mention head cases (Wood).  I also know starters parents from last year.  No problem with playing time.

Enough of old news.........

825478516[/snapback]

Guess your referring to the famous Sal Rende. His problem had nothing to do with his kid had to do with his ego.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denlron-you have no clue. No one liked Coach Wood. Well i know of one person on last years team that wanted her to stay. All the new players hated her. And the year they went really far with L. they had a stacked team. Just ask anyone from the school students teachers whoever and they will inform u.

Denlron-you have no clue.  No one liked Coach Wood.  Well i know of one person on last years team that wanted her to stay.  All the new players hated her.  And the year they went really far with L. they had a stacked team.  Just ask anyone from the school students teachers whoever and they will inform u.

825478548[/snapback]

That stacked team started out as 34-1 ninth grade team that coach wood coached. Which player do you think wanted her to stay I can think of a couple that wouldn't be as good as they are now without her working with them.

Be interesting to hear what Doodle Bivens and Gary Orr thought of Wood.

Edited by denlron

Denlron:

Rende was gone most of the season and never approached coach wood about anything. Why the snide remarks about Rende?

Ask Doddle and Orr about coach wood? One of those guys called her wacky wood and didn't like her. Don't want to go there.

You seem to miss the point, it's not that people didn't think she knew bball, it was all of her pesonal problems that bled over onto the bball team and affected her mentally. She played mind games with the players, saying things about players to other players, saying one player said something about another player that wasn't true. Also involving other coaches in this. All of this was going on during practices. I think her boyfriend working at SD also created problems.

Someone asked you earlier about the bitterness towards SD, since you and you bro graduated from there. What happened to cause it?

"Be interesting to hear what Doodle Bivens and Gary Orr thought of Wood." do you mean as a teacher? no one questioned her as an ENGLISH TEACHER. im sure there's even more that liked her as a TEACHER, but disliked her as a coach. you're taking everything posted way too literally. the more you get bashed for your posts, the more ridiculous you sound. try as you may to hit a nerve with a comment on sal rende or naming people who liked ms wood as a TEACHER, it wont work. im still confused as to why you brought up 2 footballers to comment on how much they liked ms. wood. not for basketball reasons, i guarantee it. this is a lost cause for you, so can we avert our attention back to this huge game. im also confused about the predictions about the game. 16 points?? unfortunately, ive only been to one game due to an always awful drive from kentucky, but from what ive read, and saw in the hixson game, sd seems a bit better than that.

Denlron:

Rende was gone most of the season and never approached coach wood about anything.  Why the snide remarks about Rende?

Ask Doddle and Orr about coach wood?  One of those guys called her wacky wood and didn't like her.  Don't want to go there.

You seem to miss the point, it's not that people didn't think she knew bball, it was all of her pesonal problems that bled over onto the bball team and affected her mentally.  She played mind games with the players, saying things about players to other players, saying one player said something about another player that wasn't true.  Also involving other coaches in this.  All of this was going on during practices.  I think her boyfriend working at SD also created problems.

Someone asked you earlier about the bitterness towards SD, since you and you bro graduated from there.  What happened to cause it?

825478669[/snapback]

I have no bitterness toward SD in fact I go to several of their sporting events. My little brother was at SD around the time that She was winning up there and I thought she really got a bad deal from the community up there. I wish her luck at Ooltewah, I am sure they are glad to have her.

"Be interesting to hear what Doodle Bivens and Gary Orr thought of Wood."  do you mean as a teacher?  no one questioned her as an ENGLISH TEACHER.  im sure there's even more that liked her as a TEACHER, but disliked her as a coach.  you're taking everything posted way too literally.  the more you get bashed for your posts, the more ridiculous you sound.  try as you may to hit a nerve with a comment on sal rende or naming people who liked ms wood as a TEACHER, it wont work.  im still confused as to why you brought up 2 footballers to comment on how much they liked ms. wood.  not for basketball reasons, i guarantee it.  this is a lost cause for you, so can we avert our attention back to this huge game.  im also confused about the predictions about the game.  16 points??  unfortunately, ive only been to one game due to an always awful drive from kentucky, but from what ive read, and saw in the hixson game, sd seems a bit better than that.

825478672[/snapback]

Don't believe everything you read I have seen SD twice and Ooltewah 3 times this year and this game will not even be close. But enough about the old coach back to BB and this will not be the year that SD wins anything, maybe next year with a lot of returning starters.

First of all the woman is not coaching anything at Ooltewah, Just teaching 3 11 grade english classes, so I hear.  I think you should check with ricketts and atchley about the real story, there are several other people in the community that know the story too.  I guess she really stunk as a coach why don't you take a little time and ask Goodwin, McNeil, Bush, Rende, Reg Johnson, Bobby Smith, Josh Sullivan, Cody Walker or some of their parents, even Lance Sexton.  I'm sure you'll get an unbiased opinion since they were able to spend their college savings on something other than school in large part due to the psycho woman.  I am sure Coach Wood will be coaching again in the future and to the relief of Robert High, Ron Baker, Ron Shumate, Ken Smith and a few other area coaches of which she beat all but Shumate she most likely will end up coaching a more socially acceptable Varsity Girls program.

Perhaps if you did a little homework on the 8 years that she coached from 9th graders to jv to varsity at S.D. you would realize that coaching was not the problem.

And btw when SD beats Brainerd again or Bradley at Bradley come back and talk to me about poor coaching.

825478463[/snapback]

Laura Wood never beat Ron Baker. Her first year as a coach she took them to state, but she defeated Jason Hamrick. Never Ron Baker.

You guys need to get on with this year. The game is tonight not last year. Laura Wood is not coaching the team. The players are different for both teams, and I really don't care what happened last year, unless it is an influence on who might win a game this year.

I wish all of you would stick to the strengths and weaknesses of these teams right now. What happened last year is of little consequence.

It is more interesting to see who has seen what team play and to decipher their opinions about who can bring it on the court.

Again, I have not seen Soddy play, but based upon what I have heard -- a slight edge to Ooltewah, since it is played in the New Barn and because they appear to be a little more athletic. That with Baker on the sidelines should give the Owls the edge. I still think it might be a better game than many think... I guess that is why you play the game.

Ha, who couldn't beat Coach Hamrick :lol:

Look, everyone needs to get off of the topic of Ms. Wood. I have her as a teacher, and frankly, I think she's a really nice lady and I've learned tons from her in the short period of time she's been at Ooltewah. She has her moments, but hey, who doesn't? This topic is about the Soddy Daisy-Ooltewah basketball game that goes underway in about 3 hours. Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this game but definitely pullin for the Owls. I think it'll be close, but:

The Owls from Hooterville: 72

Soddy Daisy Trojans: 64

Sounds to me like all Soddy Daisy has to do is slow down the post players and keep on eye on Brown and make sure he doesn't get hot. Looks to me like Ooltewah must be weak in the shooting department and I think thats where Soddy can take advantage and double down on the big men and force the Owls weak shooters to shoot. I this Soddy will take this one.

Soddy Daisy- 64

Ooltewah - 58