Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah got everything they wanted the second half with Courtney in. During the first half, when Courtney was out and Ooltewah was shooting poorly, they still were still up most of the time. Soddy was tested, and failed. I was impressed with the size of Soddy's players, but they simply didn't have the skills to make it worthwhile. Early on, OHS was stifled trying to shoot over Soddy, but Curt soon realized that even he had better post moves than these guys. Brown, Murray, Curt, and Courtney all had great games. Overall, a great win for OHS, though there is still a lot of season left. I hope this energizes the OHS students (they did pretty well with a bunch of alumni leading the way) and leads into many move victories to come.

*clap clap clapclapclap* O-VER-RAT-ED *clap clap clapclapclap* O-VER-RAT-ED *clap clap clapclapclap*

Look i'm not trash talking or saying the refs cost the game, but they were horrible and if the game would have been called fairly it would have be a 10 point ball game.

825479047[/snapback]

and you guys say ooltewah always has excuses when we say refs were bad or something in football or something else, so im not even gonna start to say anything except that....and ultimatefan why do you guys say so much about all the church ballers that came out for the team if they dont even make a difference, i dont get that...and on the russell thing i was just going by what my dad said b/c i was not there he just said he had a bad attitude so maybe it was just this game, and about the assessment of the game i would take his word on an assessment of basketball before anyone else's in the world, he knows more basketball than any other person i have come in contact with, and there are many others that will back this up..so the fact that it was that close for a while was b/c courtney was not in the game for most of the 1st half...and yes go ahead and be happy with your 8-1 but know that it means you aren't close to state material

Denlron-you have no clue.  No one liked Coach Wood.  Well i know of one person on last years team that wanted her to stay.  All the new players hated her.  And the year they went really far with L. they had a stacked team.  Just ask anyone from the school students teachers whoever and they will inform u.

825478548[/snapback]

Deep Ball i've been wondering who that was. Does his dad coach a middle school team??

Oh and can't new players make a difference without the team winning.  What was the margin of victory last year?

825479077[/snapback]

but look at who all ooltewah last after last season, that can also play into the margin of victory difference......and it doesn't matter if i was at the game or not you obviously dont know my dad and know how well he knows the game of basketball, but thats ok say what you, and the way all the people from soddy have talked, excluding you ultimatefan, they act like soddy is going to state, even if they dont come out and say it

The officiating really wasn't that bad. The first half had its issues, but it wasn't in anyone's favor at all. I suppose its a given that when a team loses a big game like that the first thing mentioned by the losers is the poor officiating, but you don't really have a leg to stand on for this one.