Soddy-Daisy vs. Ooltewah

owlsfan10

grad, i am glad you are back to your owls posting part time job here on coacht. we are now blessed with a higher intelligence of wisdom, unlike some of this laura wood jibberish that has surfaced in the last two pages.

825479687[/snapback]

You had to bring it up one last time didn't you? Thorough, i understand they were in the double bonus and that is why he got the free throws but my point was it was a senseless call to make. it had no effect on the play whatsoever. ooltewah did do a great job of hitting their free throws and they got to the line quite a bit. i still think the Feb 4th matchup will be a better game all together between these 2.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very seldom disagree with you, but Ooltewah ran the floor, and then mopped it with the Trojans in the last 4 minutes...only a couple were FT's.

825479581[/snapback]

Glad to have you back from tv land. Good that you could spend some time with us internet geeks. Get that makeup off your face though. Learn anything about big time tv from Stump? I didn't think so. You're the only one in the bunch with a "face for tv."

I said "O outscored Sd by 17-6 in the 4th, pretty impressive". The comment about free throws indicates that I didn't attend the game and was only guessing that SD used the common tactic of fouling when behind late to get back in. I have no idea what happened.

See any of my boys at the game? They lost their grandfather last Sat. We have spent alot of time in Louisville in the last 2 months. Haven't seen SOS in a while.

Congrats to Ooltewha on a big win.

Edited by Ultimatefan

Not being a graduate of either school, nor having attended either school, I went to the game as an observer of what I was seeing on line about Soddy Daisy. The truth is they really did not have the depth, the overall talent or the athletic ability to stay with Ooltewah for an entire game.

Remember Ooltewah lost six of its top nine players from last year, if my calculations are correct.

This game was not decided by the officials. A 22 point spread is a pretty wide margin, and while I would say Ooltewah enjoyed a slight advantage for the calls in this game, the calls also cost White almost the entire first half -- he is clearly Ooltewah's most talented player. No one can say the officials decided this game. It was a blowout. As for the call at the end of the half, the Soddy player nearly took the Ooltewah player's arms off on the rebound... I know the timing was difficult to take, but officials should call those things regardless of when they take place. They should be oblivious to the time clock and call the game as it is. This game was not that poorly officiated. I do agree with the comments that officiating in TN is weak at best.

I truly give credit to Soddy for hanging in there through the first half, but even that is tainted by the fact that White sat so long. With 10 points and five rebounds in the third quarter, White was the catalyst that helped Ooltewah pull away, and the fourth quarter margin just kept widening. I expected the game to be much closer, but even in the first half, it appeared that Soddy was hanging on, not taking it to Ooltewah.

And Porter, as has been noted on several posts was simply dominating. I had no idea he would play that well. He was almost invisible last year... at least I don't remember much about him, nor did I see him do much when I saw Ooltewah play. But that is what makes teams better, when one or more of their players step up and improve their game.

It was a good game. the refs didnt lose the game for soddy they made bad calls both ways but maby a little bit more on soddy but they still would have lost.

it pisses me off when yall over at Ooltewah talk about luara wood when yall dont know the story over at soddy. SHE stunk she was crazy, most the players new more then her and well we had a losing record.

but good game Ooltewah, good luck on yalls next games too.

Edited by sdhsbballfan

i agree with u guys, ohs does have a little better athleticism than soddy which is why i think shoemate made a terrible mistake in the 3rd quarter by goin to a press ohs moves the ball very well with no hesitation and a few very quick baskets got soddy in a hole that they could not get out of. and i must say that was the biggest momentum swing i have ever personally witnessed. as for mcneill i think that hes a good player hes just a soph i think everyone is expecting a little too much from the kid at this point. its obvious he does have a little work to do and needs to realize that not everypass has to be "no look" he has just got to realize that if the mans open just pass and not try to make it too fancy, fundemental basketball thats all it is, and props to ohs very good fundemental basketball they move the ball very well. should be a close game next time cant wait good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Soddy hung in there most the game but the owls were just too much for the trojans in the fourth quarter. I will agree that there were some calls that went against soddy but it did not cost them the ball game ooltewah just outplayed them. Should be another good game next time they meet at sd.

And mnballer please don't comment on the game as if you were actually there instead by just going on the opinons of you father bashing sd.

Edited by ballin4life

Soddy hung in there most the game but the owls were just too much for the trojans in the fourth quarter. I will agree that there were some calls that went against soddy but it did not cost them the ball game ooltewah just outplayed them. Should be another good game next time they meet at sd.

And mnballer please don't comment on the game as  if you were actually there instead by just going on the opinons of you father bashing sd.

825479970[/snapback]

i'll comment about whatever i please, my father wasn't bashing sd, he said that russell was a really good player and will be a huge factor for the next 2 years, but that they didn't have much after that, nothing to contend with anyone too much really, and besides i can comment on the guys b/c i have seen most of them play before anyway

I know ya'll have been waiting, and wanting me to post so here it is. Great game from both teams and an outstanding game Ooltewah, even without Courtney White for most of the game.

Here's your breakdown:

PG: McNeil came out and answered a lot of questions about this game early. He really impressed me, great shooting, and reallyu matched up well with Brandon Brown. With that said Brandon Brown did a great job, with McNeil, especially later in the game. This was a big part of the game's turnout.

Wings: Wes Murray play astoundingly well. He was able to shoot and dominate from the outside. Chris Foster also played well, being able to provide good guard play and defensive plays.

Posts: This is where the game got away from Soddy. Even wothout Courtney White for most of the game. The Owls were still able to dominate. Curtis Porter stepped up and played very well, getting inside and defending well also. Courtney White got into foul trouble early, but when he was in he dominated inside and came firing on all cylinders.

Noteables: What many people believe is the problem to every game when their team loses is the refs. This game was NOT decided over the refs. The refs made plenty of calls on both sides. And the technical by McNeil was uncalled for. The ref waited and waited but McNeil didn't give him a choice, he had to call it.

The Owls played a wonderful, just as I predicted. I believe I picked sixteen point difference with the Owls over the trojans and I was close. The reason and I have said it before, is the Trojans although winning eight in a row, were not ready yet for a big challenge. They hadn't faced a really good school yet, and the Owls had and the Owls came out ready to go. Good fought game, but Congrats go to the Owls and Coach Baker for a great district win.

Also, Denlron you were correct the score was inbetween mind and yours predictions. And Nokona, you know that I just call them like I see'em. And I am usaully correct. Thanx for the post. And once again great job Owls, and good luck next week. thumb

One of the best games I've ever seen...even without Courtney pretty much the whole 1 and 2 quarters, the Owls dominated.

Murray was hot on his shooting, and Porter and Brown...what can you say? They're awesome...Foster provides incredible leadership for that team...

Good game, Owls.

825480006[/snapback]

I would call it a bit of a stretch to say Ooltewah dominated the first and second quarters. The game was pretty close in the first half.