oneida vs oliver springs

adco

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver Springs played well....of course, but the young Lady Indians (starting 4 sohpomores and 1 junior) played well. One thing must be stated. Kara Monk....OOOVER RRRAAATED. She acts exactly the same as she did when she played JR Pro at Harriman before transferring to OS. Maybe when the two teams meet again at the TeePee in Oneida , with starter Welch back in action, the Lady Indians can steal one from the Lady Cats. Who knows ? Next year they will battle for the district title. Good Luck to both teams the remainder of this year and in the years to come. :huh:

I thought Oneida was intimidated by the Lady 'Cats' speed and their fans in the beginning and that led to OS getting the big lead (20-5 at the end of one). Once they settled down, they got the lead under 10 points until OS went on another run late in the third quarter that got the lead back up to around 20. I really thought OS was about to win by 25-30 because I thought Oneida was tiring, but they stunk it up and made a nice run in the fourth quarter. The Lady Indians never got close enogh to scare OS down the stretch, but they definitely can take some positives out of the game. I believe this will develop into a pretty good rivalry.

Must send a little shout out to the Lady Indians! Excellent effort and way to play it to the final buzzer. I'm sure you wanted to win it, but you need to build on the things you did well. Obviously, some mistakes have to be corrected as you go, but losing by 5 without McKenzie in the line-up will only make you stronger!

Kaz believes! :) thumb

gymtogym

Why come down so hard on Monk?? I have nothing but the utmost repsect for both the Lady Cats & Lady Indians programs my friend. I truly wish nothing but the best for both teams. Instead of casting stones at players let's congratulate each team accordingly. I commend coach Marv West and his youngsters for taking the fight to OS in the 4th period when they could have easily have quit. Instead Phillips and Sexton led a furious rally. Living just a stone's throw from Scott High and Oneida, I enjoy getting out and watching some very quality BBall as ALL 4 of those teams are quite capable of beating anyone they jump it up with.

As for the Lady Cats, I've watched them play a couple of times--I truly enjoy watching the Hackworth girl lace'm up, well...and chatting with her dad and my former coach, Ronnie and dear friend Coach Bilyeu throughout the night. I know against AC, the girl (Monk) you come down on hard here, stepped up in the 2nd half with some critical steals and left handed lay-ups to spark a rally from down 9 to up 9, so....anyways, back to the game at hand. I could rave on and on about the play of Hackworth, Davis, Monk, and Co, but...I will focus instead on your chosen one. Despite willingly moving to PG to help her TEAM instead of playing shooting guard, Monk has adjusted pretty well. I believe she will be the 1st one to tell you she didn't bring her A-GAME on Friday night, but...she still nearly finished with a double-double as she came home with 9pts, 9 assists, 6 boards, and 4 steals. Not bad for a girl with a "Poor attitude." Wouldn't you say??