CoachT Boards

creekercalhoun

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to suggest that Coach T start a new board..."Life Beyond Sports" so that we can highlight what our athletes do off the field and court...how they are spending their Saturdays volunteering for Habitat For Humanity... how they are organizing food drives and coat drives...adopting those less fortunate for the holidays..

Anytime positive things about kids can be emphasized...it can't be all bad...

825480755[/snapback]

Great idea.

Life Beyond Sports

Coach T...if used properly can be a great tool for people from around the state to learn about what's going on where...

One of the things that it has taught me...by reading about young athletes that have lost their lives...or coaches that have become ill...or like Jacqui McDaniel...that while we all love sports and the kids that play them...we better hope and pray that tragedy doesn't strike because it can all be over within minutes...that every minute of watching our young athletes in Tennessee is a privilige and that we better savor those precious memories...

It has also shown me that there is still good in people...when disaster does strike...I've seen the posters on this site offer prayers...offer words of hope... that otherwise would go unheard...

It gives a chance to praise kids for doing the right thing...for doing good... as opposed to reading the papers and finding out all the bad that's happening with our kids...you can come to Coach T and find out that we are VERY lucky to have so many kids that are doing the right thing...I don't see enough of that on the news or in the papers...

I'm going to suggest that Coach T start a new board..."Life Beyond Sports" so that we can highlight what our athletes do off the field and court...how they are spending their Saturdays volunteering for Habitat For Humanity... how they are organizing food drives and coat drives...adopting those less fortunate for the holidays..

Anytime positive things about kids can be emphasized...it can't be all bad...

Yes...you will encounter rude, ignorant people on these boards...but sheeeeeeeesh...you must not get out much if this is the only place you do... and I think most people realize that it really doesn't matter what people say about you...as long as YOU know the truth...

825480755[/snapback]

Queenie, this is your greatest post. Good job

I love coacht! A high school coach turned me on to it and most folks affiliated with the school I support know who I am on coacht. My screenname is not hiding anything. As long as you are responsible with what you post and consistent. Different folks of different generations and background make for some interesting debate.

I will say the most regrettable thing I've seen happen in high school sports is the scrutiny the head coaches are subjected to and message boards play into that just because more folks can be reached through that medium. The most effective means of communication between parents and coaches is face to face. The mods are very good at keeping it civil.

coacht is an awesome place to go and debate games. if this is used in the correct way, its amazing. however there are people who just get on here and talk trash and try to be funny.

overall though, i think its a great place to go and debate teams, strength of teams, upcoming games, and all that in a sophisticated way...you know...without fighting and stuff

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

there is one thing that i dislike about coacht...but its nothing he can do to change it...i hate it when you talk up a game and talk about how bad you will win, and then your boys lose and you must eat your words...its a shame :)

Siegel[/url]_Senior' date='Dec 13 2004 - 10:07 AM']there is one thing that i dislike about coacht...but its nothing he can do to change it...i hate it when you talk up a game and talk about how bad you will win, and then your boys lose and you must eat your words...its a shame :lol:

825482022[/snapback]

Ive done that a few times myself... I say our team is going to stomp you and then we end up getting beat.... so now when we play a good team i just say its gonna be a close game and may the best team win

Ive done that a few times myself... I say our team is going to stomp you and then we end up getting beat.... so now when we play a good team i just say its gonna be a close game and may the best team win

825482646[/snapback]

I have done that one time, and so your right, unless I just know what I am talking about, I just say it will be close. I am usually right on, on my predictions.