GIRL WRESTLER MOVIE

Kris Smith

well like i said girls wrestling is fine.  i even got a girl who now is trainging to wrestle this summer in freestyle at the nationals in fargo,n.d.  working with her to become a top notch girl freestyler, especially since college does that style.

825478496[/snapback]

is she wanting to go with the Tennessee team?...We are tring to get a girls team together to take to fargo with the boys team thru USA wrestling.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that is a selfish way to think.  By saying that we do not want to bring shame to boys , we are willing to sacrafice a girls dream to compete in a sport of her choice.  There are many colleges that have womens wrestling, along with the olympics.  Schools and states that do not provide the oppurtunity to expose these  girls to the experience , are depriving them of a great oppurtunity.  I could not agree more that girls should not wrestle boys for a number of reasons.  Since the begining of time , women have done what they had to in order to reach the bigger goal.  In this case, here in Tennessee, they have no choice but to wrestle boys if they want to get to the next level. This is a growing sport among girls and it will not always be girls having to wrestle boys, but today it is.  I don;t see either gender backing away from a match, no matter who it is on the  mat... a boy, a girl, a disabled person, brother, sister, best friend, worst enemy.  if we encourage more girls to to come out an compete in the sport of wreslting, then we would not have to worry about girls wrestling boys.

825478151[/snapback]

It is just my opinion, even if you think it is selfish.

Please do your best to make the exact opposite case for a male to participate in a mostly female dominated sport. Try not to use volleyball, since it is actually a male sport that has been converted to a female only HS sport here in Tennessee. However, if you do use volleyball, female players would typically become setters and not hitters and then there is the whole thing about how high the net is, even though this is an equal sport.

Anyway, maybe you can do your best to present a case in the male entering the female domain and how fair that would be.

It is just my opinion, even if you think it is selfish.

Please do your best to make the exact opposite case for a male to participate in a mostly female dominated sport.  Try not to use volleyball, since it is actually a male sport that has been converted to a female only HS sport here in Tennessee.  However, if you do use volleyball, female players would typically become setters and not hitters and then there is the whole thing about how high the net is, even though this is an equal sport.

Anyway, maybe you can do your best to present a case in the male entering the female domain and how fair that would be.

825478739[/snapback]

Guy Cheerleaders

not a sport.  never has been, never will be.

825478774[/snapback]

If it were there would be a Cheer-leading Hall-Of-Fame located in some city in some state somewhere, right? We could charge admission and see the "busts" of all those of the hallowed past.

We would be discussing who was the best cheerleader in history, who had the most stamina(who went the longest with out losing their voice), Who had the slickest pom-pom wiggle and who could jump the highest and maintain the longest horizontal leg split.

The elite would be getting endorsements for pleated skirt sales and showing up to the games in limos. The league officials would be handing out suspensions for things like not smiling and impoper attire (no under-garment). After one especially nice jump Sherrell Owens(a former UTC-MOC cheer-leader) would be pulling a sharpie from her sportsb-- and autographing her megaphone for some adoring fan.

I know, I know,... as a female I should be supporting my gender. But I really agree with Texas on this topic. Sorry sisters, Im old school on this stuff.

(you know, there probably is a hall of fame somewhere. If so I know Ill get called on this one.)

Now I could argue that certain cheer-leaders are very ATHLETIC, that is very true. But not the point here.

Edited by Brickhousechick

um... i have a sport in mind that is only males... or at least in tennessee it is, i am not sure about other states. the sport is baseball

and girls in tennessee have no choice in choosing the sport of baseball over softball... i for one think that this should be redone and made over like basketball, with a mens and womens league... there are no womens baseball teams in tennessee. and another all male sport, as we all know, is football. it is only males exept for the cheerleaders being both male and female... i have seen very few padded female football teams, or even players for that matter. i have seen powderpuff football though... but alot of those girls would prefer to have the pads and tackle with force like the men do...

just my thoughts

um...  i have a sport in mind that is only males... or at least in tennessee it is, i am not sure about other states. the sport is baseball

and girls in tennessee have no choice in choosing the sport of baseball over softball... i for one think that this should be redone and made over like basketball, with a mens and womens league... there are no womens baseball teams in tennessee. and another all male sport, as we all know, is football. it is only males exept for the cheerleaders being both male and female... i have seen very few padded female football teams, or even players for that matter. i have seen powderpuff football though... but alot of those girls would prefer to have the pads and tackle with force like the men do...

just my thoughts

825480586[/snapback]

You kinda missed the whole concept here. The question to Kris was, give an example of an ALL FEMALE sport that would allow male participants to join and play by all the same rules as the females. An exact opposite of what is being done with wrestling.

By the way, cheerleaders at a football game are not on the team male or female.

Edited by texas23

Alright. Lets get this straight. Guys and Girls ARE NOT physically equal. I dont care how many of you say they are...they just are not equal. I can see gurls wrestling guys at the low weight classes (103,112, & MAYBE 119) because they are CLOSER to being physically similar strength wise. But as you get up into the middle and upper classes, this changes DRASTICLY. If a gurl wrestles at these heavier weights, she may be similar is weight and hieght, but it is unlikely that she is NEAR as strong as the opposite sex. This can be dangerous. She becomes more likely to be hurt because she is not able to hold her own strength wise. Its the same in football. But unlike wrestlin, she wont be going up against guys her size all the time. They will almost ALWAYS be bigger and stronger. And the difference between wrestling and football, the guys that she has to go against, WILL try to hurt her. And I am tired of hearing that when a girl does join a team but doesnt get to play that it is because she is a girl. Its not. People say that girls can hit as hard as SOME of the guys, and run as "FAST" as some of the guys. But what they leave out, is of the guys that she is better than, how many actually do play. And like I said up top, guys and girls are just not build the same way. They arent. And no matter how many people say they are, they will never be equal in all aspects. It is as simple as that.