sunbright

ftballfan125

Well it might sound crazy but all the starters had a coke at half time, we needed the sugar.  We came out in the second half and played like the team we are. Our biggest problem was giving up to many BIG plays. We had no trouble moving the ball on offenseIf our defense would have played the 1st half like we did the second it wouldnt have been close. It was a very hard fought game by both teams good luck to sunbright.

825722317[/snapback]

That was all heart allregionpatriot#3. You guys are not the same team from last year. I'm proud of you guys. Patriots didn't quit and didn't stop believing in each other. That's what it's gonna take for you guys to deep this year. Keep up the hard work Mr. Senior, we'll be there supporting you guys every step of the way.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that all the things I have been hearing, seem to have quietened down.

Do the parents of the kid, allegedly hit by an opposing coach condone this? Did the film show it didn't happen at all? Has the media in that area let it go? Surely not.

Maybe things are happening behind closed doors that I don't know about, but I guarantee you if a player was hit by a coach here, or most anywhere else, things would be happening. Things that should happen, pleasant or not.

Heck, I am old school, like seeing a coach get riled up and crawl a player in practice to motivate him ... love it, but there is a line to cross, and I think that line got crossed. I think it got crossed by someone MOST of us aren't surprised by.

These kids aren't inmates.

825722330[/snapback]

Well said there, TankTalk.

It amazes me that all the things I have been hearing, seem to have quietened down.

Do the parents of the kid, allegedly hit by an opposing coach condone this? Did the film show it didn't happen at all? Has the media in that area let it go? Surely not.

Maybe things are happening behind closed doors that I don't know about, but I guarantee you if a player was hit by a coach here, or most anywhere else, things would be happening. Things that should happen, pleasant or not.

Heck, I am old school, like seeing a coach get riled up and crawl a player in practice to motivate him ... love it, but there is a line to cross, and I think that line got crossed. I think it got crossed by someone MOST of us aren't surprised by.

These kids aren't inmates.

825722330[/snapback]

Tank, are you implying that I'm not doing my job? As a professional, you should know that hearsay is something that you just can't report on. If you are so concerned, why don't you follow up on it. After all, Oliver Springs is in Anderson County coverage area. I witnessed the scuffle, but it was on the other sideline, and I couldn't exactly see everything.

Well, actually I feel if what happened, really did, it is outside the scope of sports reporting ... but you do seem a bit uninterested about finding out about it. That's just my opinion.

And you are right, Oliver Springs is ... and I will.

It wasn't a slap about sports coverage, I know you do a fine job. But I am puzzled as to why so many are talking about it, but nothing is being reported about it.

Tank, are you implying that I'm not doing my job? As a professional, you should know that hearsay is something that you just can't report on. If you are so concerned, why don't you follow up on it. After all, Oliver Springs is in Anderson County coverage area. I witnessed the scuffle, but it was on the other sideline, and I couldn't exactly see everything.

825722963[/snapback]

Well, actually I feel if what happened, really did, it is outside the scope of sports reporting ... but you do seem a bit uninterested about finding out about it. That's just my opinion.

And you are right, Oliver Springs is ... and I will.

It wasn't a slap about sports coverage, I know you do a fine job. But I am puzzled as to why so many are talking about it, but nothing is being reported about it.

825722969[/snapback]

How do you know how I feel about it? Have you talked to me about it? Just because I don't get on here flaming the fire, doesn't mean anything. Anybody that read last week's article on the scrimmage, knows I mention there was a football brawl, but I didn't report the shove by shove or punch by punch account.

Well, as long as you said there was a brawl, guess that's fine.

I do wonder, and this is indeed the sarcastic part of me coming out, if it were a Coalfield, or Morgan County player that said he was punched in the back of the head two or three times by an OS coach ... would it have warrented more?

By the way, some fires deserve to be stoked. But I am sure nobody will talk about it now, since the heat of the moment is cooled down ... guess the parents have been talked out of filing charges. It's a shame that kids will have that type example leading them just because a few people are afraid to rock the boat.

But that's all I will say on the subject ... you know you do a good job ... you know how I feel about your sports coverage ... that's never been in question.

How do you know how I feel about it? Have you talked to me about it? Just because I don't get on here flaming the fire, doesn't mean anything. Anybody that read last week's article on the scrimmage, knows I mention there was a football brawl, but I didn't report the shove by shove or punch by punch account.

825722975[/snapback]

Well, as long as you said there was a brawl, guess that's fine.

I do wonder, and this is indeed the sarcastic part of me coming out, if it were a Coalfield, or Morgan County player that said he was punched in the back of the head two or three times by an OS coach ... would it have warrented more?

By the way, some fires deserve to be stoked. But I am sure nobody will talk about it now, since the heat of the moment is cooled down ... guess the parents have been talked out of filing charges. It's a shame that kids will have that type example leading them just because a few people are afraid to rock the boat.

But that's all I will say on the subject ... you know you do a good job ... you know how I feel about your sports coverage ...  that's never been in question.

825722979[/snapback]

The only way I would report on it either way is if any charges had been filed or a warrant has been issued. As a witness to the event, I didn't see what some people said transpired.

I dont think Newberry will make it. He has been kicked out of every County around him for stilling money from the youth club. Were else did he have to go and the scrimmage against OS I heard he hit the QB Brent kelly. Sunbright has some talent they just got to find a coach that knows how to use it

825716070[/snapback]

First, I would like to make two points to this comment. I find it hilarious that you can accuse someone of "stilling" something without even knowing how to spell it. The proper word would be "stealing" but the main point I would like to make is, that if you accuse someone of STEALING something, it would probably be a good idea to have proof. Secondly, I would like to say that Newberry treats all of his players the same, he doesn't pick out the momma's boys or the rich kids and show them special attention, which is probably why you are fired up...Newberry is fair to all of the kids that deserve to play. He is a good coach and I am amazed at how the kids have toughened up since he has been at Sunbright and taken over the program. If there were more coaches who took the time to find out about the kids like he does, there would be a whole lot more heart and soul dedication from the players.

Now I will comment on the accusations made by people who weren't even at the game but went by mere gossip as to whether or not Mr. Newberry supposedly punched one of the Oliver Springs players. Were you people even AT the same game we were?????? Coach Newberry was on the sidelines with his players when the fight broke out, I heard two of the coaches say, and I quote, "Let them fight it out, they have been playing dirty and not getting called on it since the game started, let the refs handle it." Newberry was standing among that crowd when it happened, he wasn't even NEAR the players. AFTER the altercation was broken up...Newberry went over to his players and brought them back to the sidelines. SO...IF an OS player WAS punched, it definitely wasn't Newberry. I know when my son came home, he was covered in little girlie fingernail scratches. Some of which are so deep they still haven't healed, even on his face. The parents and OS players were all whining about one thing or another, and the refs should have taken charge and sent their whiney hind ends to their car instead of catering to them. Charges were not filed because there were no reasons to bring any charges against him. What should have been done was that the refs needed to do what they got paid for and threw those instigators out that charged the field threatening coach Newberry and his players. There was absolutely NO reason for them to be out there on that field. And IF my child was the one that ref grabbed and slung him backwards, THAT would be where the charges were filed at. The OS parents were so wrapped up in causing problems and trying to cause some sort of lynching that they didn't even see that.

It was one childish issue after another by the parents from OS...the film that was taken during the game should be reviewed and some charges need to be brought against these people making those accusations, but Newberry is a better person than that I doubt he even cares what you all are saying about him, but I felt something needed to be said in his defense. You don't have to take my word for it...we have the tapes to prove it. The "football brawl" was simply two students getting into a fight (like a lot of students do when they are hyped up) and parents blowing it completely out of proportion, and acting like total idiots by coming out on the field trying to intimidate players by threatening them, which is pretty immature if you ask me. One post even states "By the way, some fires deserve to be stoked." I firmly disagree, it takes more than just accusations to make something true, and to flame something like this that never even happened...is purely juvenile. Some of these people definitely need a hobby, they have FAR too much time on their hands trying to spread hatred and start a riot over NOTHING. Good God people...let your kids grow up and let go and cut the cord; and for Christ sake...stop whining!!!

Brian, You always cover everything pretty well from what I have seen on the sidelines, you can't exactly report something that did NOT happen. That would make you like a few others that have posted here wouldn't it? Too bad some other so called professionals do not follow your example and would rather feed flames through gossip and heresay. Keep up the good work, your readers are proud of you and the job you do!!!

Personally, I feel for people to get on here and say slanderous things, particularly about Coach Newberry and Sunbright High School players, shows a lack of class. It is said by some of the members here, that Sunbright lacks class and have always been dirty players, but I have seen quite a few so called adults that I am quite ashamed of. You are supposed to be teaching your children how to respect other people, and instead you are on this forum spreading viscious rumors, lies and coming out on the field trying to intimidate kids, threatening a coach, daring him out of the playing field into the stands, and you have the audacity to question Sunbright's lack of class...does that make you feel like a big person? Sad...sad....sad. It was a football game, not a redneck lynching.

Now on a lighter note: I would like to congratulate White House Heritage on a VERY well played game, and also to the parents, of whom I seen walking out to tell our players what a great team they were. Now THAT is CLASS!!!!!!! I would also like to say Way to GO!!! to our players the Sunbright Tigers for that game also, your performance was great, I am so proud of all of our boys. We will gettem next time. thumb

First, I would like to make two points to this comment.  I find it hilarious that you can accuse someone of "stilling" something without even knowing how to spell it.  The proper word would be "stealing" but the main point I would like to make is, that if you accuse someone of STEALING something, it would probably be a good idea to have proof.  Secondly, I would like to say that Newberry treats all of his players the same, he doesn't pick out the momma's boys or the rich kids and show them special attention, which is probably why you are fired up...Newberry is fair to all of the kids that deserve to play.  He is a good coach and I am amazed at how the kids have toughened up since he has been at Sunbright and taken over the program.  If there were more coaches who took the time to find out about the kids like he does, there would be a whole lot more heart and soul dedication from the players.

Now I will comment on the accusations made by people who weren't even at the game but went by mere gossip as to whether or not Mr. Newberry supposedly punched one of the Oliver Springs players.  Were you people even AT the same game we were??????  Coach Newberry was on the sidelines with his players when the fight broke out, I heard two of the coaches say, and I quote, "Let them fight it out, they have been playing dirty and not getting called on it since the game started, let the refs handle it."  Newberry was standing among that crowd when it happened, he wasn't even NEAR the players.  AFTER the altercation was broken up...Newberry went over to his players and brought them back to the sidelines.  SO...IF an OS player WAS punched, it definitely wasn't Newberry.  I know when my son came home, he was covered in little girlie fingernail scratches.  Some of which are so deep they still haven't healed, even on his face.  The parents and OS players were all whining about one thing or another, and the refs should have taken charge and sent their whiney hind ends to their car instead of catering to them.  Charges were not filed because there were no reasons to bring any charges against him.  What should have been done was that the refs needed to do what they got paid for and threw those instigators out that charged the field threatening coach Newberry and his players.  There was absolutely NO reason for them to be out there on that field.  And IF my child was the one that ref grabbed and slung him backwards, THAT would be where the charges were filed at.  The OS parents were so wrapped up in causing problems and trying to cause some sort of lynching that they didn't even see that.

It was one childish issue after another by the parents from OS...the film that was taken during the game should be reviewed and some charges need to be brought against these people making those accusations, but Newberry is a better person than that I doubt he even cares what you all are saying about him, but I felt something needed to be said in his defense.  You don't have to take my word for it...we have the tapes to prove it.  The "football brawl" was simply two students getting into a fight (like a lot of students do when they are hyped up) and parents blowing it completely out of proportion, and acting like total idiots by coming out on the field trying to intimidate players by threatening them, which is pretty immature if you ask me.  One post even states "By the way, some fires deserve to be stoked." I firmly disagree, it takes more than just accusations to make something true, and to flame something like this that never even happened...is purely juvenile.  Some of these people definitely need a hobby, they have FAR too much time on their hands trying to spread hatred and start a riot over NOTHING.  Good God people...let your kids grow up and let go and cut the cord; and for Christ sake...stop whining!!!

Brian, You always cover everything pretty well from what I have seen on the sidelines, you can't exactly report something that did NOT happen.  That would make you like a few others that have posted here wouldn't it?  Too bad some other so called professionals do not follow your example and would rather feed flames through gossip and heresay.  Keep up the good work, your readers are proud of you and the job you do!!!

Personally, I feel for people to get on here and say slanderous things, particularly about Coach Newberry and Sunbright High School players, shows a lack of class.  It is said by some of the members here, that Sunbright lacks class and have always been dirty players, but I have seen quite a few so called adults that I am quite ashamed of.  You are supposed to be teaching your children how to respect other people, and instead you are on this forum spreading viscious rumors, lies and coming out on the field trying to intimidate kids, threatening a coach, daring him out of the playing field into the stands, and you have the audacity to question Sunbright's lack of class...does that make you feel like a big person?  Sad...sad....sad.  It was a football game, not a redneck lynching.

Now on a lighter note: I would like to congratulate White House Heritage on a VERY well played game, and also to the parents, of whom I seen walking out to tell our players what a great team they were.  Now THAT is CLASS!!!!!!!  I would also like to say Way to GO!!! to our players the Sunbright Tigers for that game also, your performance was great, I am so proud of all of our boys.  We will gettem next time.  thumb

825723689[/snapback]

Debbiewktb, I would like to say thanks for the support. Us sunbright players don't get much respect anyway and its nice to know that somebody cares about us and coach. and I too can be a witness that coach wasn't anywhere near the fight. And to you other people who bad mouth sunbright and say we have no class I would like to say that i am a proud member of the football team I'm #70 and a member of the basketball and baseball teams which i am #33 and I don't care what you say about us and coach it doesn't bother us at all so just keep talking and we'll see who is "classless".