Greeneville vs Sience Hill

jtrain2005

Without a doubt the best team the Toppers have had in 5 years. Maybe it is the coaching???

BA better look out or they will go down in the long road trip game of the week. The toughest competition for the Toppers this year, locally, will be if they happen to play Twin Springs in the Arby's. Let's see if they draw White Station in Round 1 like DB has the last 2 seasons.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt the best team the Toppers have had in 5 years. Maybe it is the coaching???

BA better look out or they will go down in the long road trip game of the week. The toughest competition for the Toppers this year, locally, will be if they happen to play Twin Springs in the Arby's. Let's see if they draw White Station in Round 1 like DB has the last 2 seasons.

825486588[/snapback]

Art, i can agree that Cutlip may be the best coach in 5 years but the team in 2002-2003 would beat this SH team any day, poe or no poe. That team was good because of their own talent, not the coaching. With that said, no matter how good of a coach cutlip is how can you think that this team is better than them? im not trying to be smart, just curious on your thoughts??

825486588[/snapback]

White Station will not be in the Arby’s this year… and Twin WHO!!! That was supposed to be a joke … wasn’t it??!! :):lol:

I have to agree with VFANATIC. The Vikings will give the Toppers a game this year. They will probably meet for the first time this year in the Arby’s.

i fill that science hill is a little overated. Omar and Reed are both great players and they have a little depth but if u can beat their press then u can beat them in the end

825485267[/snapback]

I would not go as far as to say SH is overated. They are a very talented team who has played sone pretty decent teams. Hats off to a very talented Greeneville team who held them to only 44 points. Their defense has allowed an average of 36 points per game this season. I would look for the offense to come around by the time these 2 teams meet again in February.

I would not go as far as to say SH is overated. They are a very talented team who has played sone pretty decent teams. Hats off to a very talented Greeneville team who held them to only 44 points. Their defense has allowed an average of 36 points per game this season. I would look for the offense to come around by the time these 2 teams meet again in February.

825489257[/snapback]

Regardless of which year's SH team is the best (as debated in earlier posts), they are still quite a bit better than Greeneville this year. And you're right, barb, they aren't overrated. Noone is ready to call them world beaters either, but they are easily the best team from NETN. I don't see how G'ville plans to beat SH in any fast, pressing type game. I imagine the G'ville coach will try to slow things down even more the next time they play. Good luck in that. Greeneville just doesn't have the athletes or speed to run with the 'Toppers. I also hope you'll quit making excuses, barb. <_<

Edited by Pudding

Regardless of which year's SH team is the best (as debated in earlier posts), they are still quite a bit better than Greeneville this year.  And you're right, barb, they aren't overrated.  Noone is ready to call them world beaters either, but they are easily the best team from NETN.  I don't see how G'ville plans to beat SH in any fast, pressing type game.  I imagine the G'ville coach will try to slow things down even more the next time they play.  Good luck in that.  Greeneville just doesn't have the athletes or speed to run with the 'Toppers.  I also hope you'll quit making excuses, barb.    :lol:

825489395[/snapback]

You will never hear me make excuses for bad shooting. Greeneville did not lose this game because SH was a better team. They lost it because they missed 12 lay-ups. If they had hit half of these, the Toppers would have had a hard time swinging the momentum in the second half. If your tunnel vision is so bad you can't recognize that you can't play this quality of defense against an athletic team like Science Hill without good athletes, then you are not really capable of enjoying a game as intense as this one always is. Greeneville is not shooting well at all right now. I am not sure what it will take to turn it around but I am sure Coach Duncan will have it ironed out by regionals.