McCallie Vs. Baylor

ghetto meadow

Congrats to Baylor....I'm glad we don't have see you guys again this year.  Take it easy on us next year....we'll be rebuilding.

Raider76, deadux, walkenvol.......I'll look for you at the state tournament....good luck.

825542688[/snapback]

RMC Congrats on that State Championship! We are all staying at the Fairfield in Clarksville on Friday nite, we usually gather there after wrestling ends on fri for cokes and cookies and wrestling debate. Hope you can join us.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit disappointed to see the McCallie views on Cleveland's loss.

"Cody gives up to much weight, he should be wrestling down,Waddell didn't pin him becasuse he pinned himself...." Cleveland is a great wrestler but let's give the Baylor kid some credit. Cody made a bad move and Waddell was good enough to catch him. Too excellent wrestlers

As for him being in the wrong class, I think GC knows what he is doing--it just did not work out this time.

Edited by Chattcity

Raider76......cokes and cookies.....okay...maybe I'll go find the Father Ryan group!

I'll probably only make up to the individual tournament. I've got my little one that one is still trying to make it to youth state and the big boys will have the area tournament next weekend. I hope we can get all 14 qualified for state like last year.

Cokes and cookies...I'm still laughing about that one. I don't know who has more Baylor alumni.....happy hour or an AA meeting!

Edited by RMC

I am a bit disappointed to see the McCallie views on Cleveland's loss.

"Cody gives up to much weight, he should be wrestling down,Waddell didn't pin him becasuse he pinned himself...." Cleveland is a great wrestler but let's give the Baylor kid some credit. Cody made a bad move and Waddell was good enough to catch him. Too excellent wrestlers

As for him being in the wrong class, I think GC knows what he is doing--it just did not work out this time.

825542744[/snapback]

Cody showed a lot of class after losing a big match he probably expected to win.He has been a great champion in TN for the last 3 years. He showed a lot of maturity and sportsmanship after his loss. Good Luck next year wrestling in college. I hope coach Brands can get cody to stay here so we can continue to watch him wrestle.

Walkenvol, we would have opened our arms to you and Spencer in SD. We wish you had moved here. (I would have paid the tuition, ha). I dont know the whole story, but I DO know you and Spencer always behaved with class. And, I enjoy reading your comments on here. They are always on the level. How is your boy? Joel and I always liked you guys, even when we played baseball. NOW, about Dan Waddell.....He was good enough to take advantage of one little mistake. Most other wrestlers would have been pinned by Cody in that situation....Way to go big Dan. Raider76, you should be a very proud Papa (and Mrs Raider76 too) Hey, you guys should move to SD, also ....BTW, the SD and Bradley matches are just like the Baylor-McC...big crowd and loud, the way wrestling matches shoud be.

to put in my two cents about codey...he's a great wrestler and a good guy he had the match in control but just got caught and Dan was good enough to capitalize great win Dan...ok about 119 Jed you've got skills man 2 years of experience dang, i liked the prescott lookin thing it worked well and honestly you looked stronger then Wheeler and that's sayin something because wheeler lives in the wieght room and wrestling room...the Charles Green/Jake Simmons match it wouldn't have mattered if they'd called stalling because they both were doing it just pushin on each other in the 15 min. that those guys have wrestled they've had just 6 excapes, in the McCallie Invitational Jake won it in the same way all in all i was impressed by the intesity and the aggresivness of the baylor wrestlers and dissapointed that the mccallie wrestlers didn't show the same.

Cody showed a lot of class after losing a big match he probably expected to win.He has been a great champion in TN for the last 3 years. He showed a lot of maturity and sportsmanship after his loss. Good Luck next year wrestling in college. I hope coach Brands can get cody to stay here so we can continue to watch him wrestle.

825542768[/snapback]

Dan is quite the good sport too. I saw that at state last year. You did good yourself dad!! I'm personally glad he's D2.

soms

Edited by Sommers

Congratulations to Baylor. Pins are how you win dual matches and tournaments, and this type of aggressive wrestling has always been Schaak and Coach Morgan's style of teaching. Baylor has got the buzz saw whizzing and hopefully they can keep it going through the state tournaments. Congratulations to Dan, Bailey, and Jed ( Dan, becuase he did what noone thought he would do, except me, Bailey becuase he is a freshman who always come through under pressure, and Jed because he has worked hard to get where he is in such a short amount of time). Everyone on the Baylor team wrestled great. also good job to Manson and Johnson, coming through like always. Yall have formed a great team.