Top wrestlers in Region 8

Rad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good for wildcat tj. i knew he beat dragon ryan at the roadrunner prelim but didn't think they would cross paths again, thought dragons shawn or david might get him.

sounds like i lost my double digit win guess........ :lol:

825488556[/snapback]

Jim,

I don't think anybody will hold you to that double digit call sinec neither team wrestled full varsity. I guess we just won't know how that one turns out if it was!

Good matches by TJ this week. Anyone know what weight TJ is going to go for state? I know he is ranked at 160 but we all know he can make 152 and it seems like he might be able to go lower but this is a Red Devil powerhouse looming at 145... anyway some great matches out at Houston for all you Region 8 fnas who need to get your fix before Christmas.

Collierville's TSSAA schedule has them wrestling Totino at 3:00. I would think that Germantown would wrestle Totino before that. I will be two days of good wrestling. Particularly pay attention to how well some of our best wrestlers (Borneman, Barnett, Hunt, Allen, etc.) perform against the guys from Totino. I will be tough competition for them.

Here's what I've been able to find out about Totino Grace (MN).

I hear they are ranked 5th in Minnesota.

Last year at state:

119-Clark Lensing-3rd (now a senior)

145-Jake Sweet-2nd (now a senior)

Also qualified 11 for state.

825490331[/snapback]

So the most part..they are just like Collierville..just Collierville is minus 1 state placer....and of course, they wrestle in a killer state.

Well, they have a runner-up and a consolation finalist in a much tougher state. I don't see anyone from around here beating them, but I'm told their two best wrestlers are at 140 and 171. If Hunt wrestles, he'll probably be at 140. Marable and Borneman should get to wrestle the 171, unless Borneman goes 160.

825490644[/snapback]

I would not just talk about their 40 & 71 lber, they have 7 kids ranked in the top 10 of Class AAA, and as we all know, Minnesota has some great wrestling. Our top kids in the region just need to be ready to wrestle at what ever weight they wrestle at. If our top guys are ready to wrestle and believe that they can compete with a highly ranked team from Minnesota, region 8 will have some wins.

Should be the best wrestling this year in West TN. Let's all go out to the ranch and support our region 8 family. From what I have heard, wrestling starts at noon Monday and 11:00 am on Tuesday.