Best freshman in the state

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nashville's top five freshmen (public schools only) that I have seen so far.

1. Michael Mc Adoo-Antioch ©

2. DeAunte Mason-Pearl Cohn (PF)

3. Josh Henley-Hunters Lane (SF)

4. Michael Williams-Antioch (SG)

5. Kyle Upton-Antioch (PG)

Best team-Antioch (avg. 72 points per game, 6 minute quarters)

Best game to see in 05-(Antioch at Pearl-Cohn) or (Pearl-Cohn at Antioch)

Brian Sommers of Alcoa, Jared Stephens and Quinche Dowdell of Oak Ridge are as good as any freshman in the East Tennessee area. (even though he is small I love the way the Stephens kid plays from Oak ridge, watch out for him in the future!)

825497192[/snapback]

Dowdwell and Stepehens are good. Dowdwell has very good moves down low. Stephens is small, but very quick and stick wif anybody on defense.

Cobrafan90,

Yes, McAdoo has played in some freshmen games. I think he plays in freshmen games when the varsity team is idle. BTW, Antioch starting five (w/McAdoo) is 6'6', 6'5, 6'4, 5'11, 5'10. Their second five 6'4, 6'4, 6'3, 6'1, 5'7. IMO, they are a group to be reckon with over they next few years. They have height, speed, quickness, 3pt shooters, ballhandlers, etc.

The only flaws I have seen are too many defensive breakdowns and sometimes they let teams back into the game.

EXAMPLE: Led Stratford by 20, ended up winning by 2, Led Maplewood by 25 ended up winning by 10. In all other games they have blown out teams early and maintain their big led thoughtout the game.

Thanks for the question.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

...its been awhile since we have heard about the 5'4 white kid with the birth mark...Tyler Cutter....9 points in his last performance, all on 3's...sad thing is he was the third leading scorer...yes this is varisty by the way with a team of D-1 prospects...Oden, Ramsey, Roper, and Jones......

Siegel[/url]_Senior' date='Jan 3 2005 - 02:01 PM']...its been awhile since we have heard about the 5'4 white kid with the birth mark...Tyler Cutter....9 points in his last performance, all on 3's...sad thing is he was the third leading scorer...yes this is varisty by the way with a team of D-1 prospects...Oden, Ramsey, Roper, and Jones......

825505052[/snapback]

Is the other point guard. If he is he is pretty dang good.