3. Baylor

4. Soddy-Daisy

5. CCS

6. Ooltewah

7. Grace

8. McMinn Co.

9. CSAS

10. Red Bank

Red Bank beat CSAS 3-1 last year. They had about 13 kids see real playing time and 11 of them are back (the two that graduated were good role players, but not difference makers). I think Baylor is ranked 19th nationally, so I think they have to start #1. Ooltewah lost a lot of senior and will be good, but not as good as last year. Notre Dame is one year from being great and McCallie will be solid again. Here is my top 10:

1. Baylor

2. McCallie

3. Notre Dame

4. Soddy-Daisy

5. CCS

6. Red Bank

7. McMinn

8. Grace

9. Ooltewah

10. CSAS

Notre Dame is not one year off from being great. If anything, this is the year for them to do anything because the player that holds everything together for them is a senior. After he leaves, they have no goalkeeper, which everyone would agree is a very key position. If you meant they have very talented undeclassmen, then yes, I would have to agree, but after this year and after losing Robby Miller, it will be hard for them to return to a top five team.

Edited by SoccerFan08923

Notre Dame is not one year off from being great.  If anything, this is the year for them to do anything because the player that holds everything together for them is a senior.  After he leaves, they have no goalkeeper, which everyone would agree is a very key position.  If you meant they have very talented undeclassmen, then yes, I would have to agree, but after this year and after losing Robby Miller, it will be hard for them to return to a top five team.

825575679[/snapback]

good post, i reading his post and thinking the same thing.

The issue of losing a goalkeeper can usually be solved. For the past three years Soddy hasnt had a dedicated goalkeeper which has really hurt us in many games.

They will have a good junior and senior class next year, which will partially make up for the loss of Robby. If worse comes to worse they can find a football player or something like that who is willing to play.

Notre Dame was better than Mccallie last year and will be better than them this year.  Mccallie has a good team, but Notre Dame is certainly solid, especially in defense.  Last years games were tied 1-1 (Notre Dame missed a pk) and a 1-0 overtime win by mccallie.  These two teams were very even.  Notre Dame lost one big contriutor to their team, whereas Mccallie lost a Divison 1 signed goalkeeper as well as John Templeton, who was a big part of their team.  I know all of that is focusing on last year, but what I have stated is why I believe Notre Dame should be ranked ahead of Mccallie, but as previous posters have said, the season will have the final say.

825566405[/snapback]

When was the last time ND beat McCallie? Was it in this century?

In the first game at the tiny field at Notre Dame, Davy Pollack got called for that pk that was questionably outside the box. Never mind that call, it was a close game. Of course, small, compact fields like that usually bring forth a sort of kick ball. Also, McCallie had one fly about 3 inches over the crossbar in the first half as well. Both teams got unlucky with their shots. In the 2nd game, in the final mins, Notre Dame had one clank off the crossbar...so, it was pretty even. It's hard to pick one over the other with just that information from last year.

McMinn will be good again this year. Still are loaded with offense. And only lost one defender from last year, and picked up a new one who used to play who will start and will be good. Price, Slack, and Kimball are a great tandem. Pat Hinshaw, Robert Axley, and another person who is playing in his last year of school, you will find out who later.