Williamson County

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Ok, no more high schools in Williamson County or we won't be able to have this poll.

I think this year it's a bit more obvious than in the past few years. Though, I have a feeling some BA people will say otherwise... let's hear it! :o

I'll post my complete thoughts later... but for now, I'll just say...

REBELS! REBELS! REBELS! thumb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright... the two of you that voted for Brentwood Academy... why?

Let me just go ahead and get one of your potential arguments out of the way- common opponents. We both easily handled Oakland. You all had a bit more ease with Centennial... but the CHS victory for the Rebs this year was typical of a lot of their victories. They simply went out there and did what they had to do in whatever phase of the game (that night- defense) to win the ballgame.

So, what's another good reason, BA fans? Y'all are so quick to jump on us every year for saying that either Franklin or Brentwood is better... I doubt this year will be any different.

This is a little bit of a loaded question.

Both BA and FHS advanced to their respective State Championship games. At the end of the season, they both were the top teams in the County.

It wasn't so at the beginning, nor was it so in the middle of the season.

Ravenwood got significantly better as the season wore on. Centennial seemed to get worse. Brentwood was a ball of fire midseason on until the playoffs started and injuries crippled them.

Were they the best, or did they just outlast everyone else? Titans were a far better team a couple of months ago than they are now.

More interesting point might be-other than BGA, who was the worst? Who underacheived the most?

With 4 losses, no way can BA be considered better than Franklin this year.

To get to the DivII championship, you need win just 2 games in the playoffs, that everyine makes less 1.

5A - 2 wins get you to a quarterfinal, still needing 2 more wins against strong competition - to advance to the championship.

As far as injuries crippling a team, that is part of the equation - depth. Every team in 5A deals with injuries - simply a matter of either playing through them, or going deeper into your roster.

My Ranking

Franklin

Brentwood

BA

Ravenwood

Centennial

Page

Fairview

BGA

Edited by faninthestand

With 4 losses, no way can BA be considered better than Franklin this year.

To get to the DivII championship, you need win just 2 games in the playoffs, that everyine makes less 1.

5A - 2 wins get you to a quarterfinal, still needing 2 more wins against strong competition - to advance to the championship.

As far as injuries crippling a team, that is part of the equation - depth.  Every team in 5A deals with injuries - simply a matter of either playing through them, or going deeper into your roster.

My Ranking

Franklin

Brentwood

BA

Ravenwood

Centennial

Page

Fairview

BGA

825485951[/snapback]

You might as well not even play the first two rounds of the Division I playoffs. How hard is to beat up on those patsy teams, half of whom don't or barely have 500 records. I put Brentwood Acadmey ahead of Franklin. Brentwood high school has never beaten BA...ever. They couldn't even do it their state championship year and they beat Franklin. BA lost Super 7 champs MUS twice, MBA once, CBHS before their QB and other players quit, and McCallie. I am willing to venture that both MUS and MBA were better than Franklin, and quite possibly McCallie. The margin of victory against common opponents for BA and Franklin, the fact that 8 out of Franklin's 13 wins came by a TD or less, and the only four teams they soundly blew out all had five hundred records or worse, gives BA the edge. Just my opinion, but untill someone in Williamson Co. steps up and beats BA, they remain the kings.

Edited by Redtwin

You might as well not even play the first two rounds of the Division I playoffs. How hard is to beat up on those patsy teams, half of whom don't or barely have 500 records. I put Brentwood Acadmey ahead of Franklin. Brentwood high school has never beaten BA...ever. They couldn't even do it their state championship year and they beat Franklin. BA lost Super 7 champs MUS twice, MBA once, CBHS before their QB and other players quit, and McCallie. I am willing to venture that both MUS and MBA were better than Franklin, and quite possibly McCallie. The margin of victory against common opponents for BA and Franklin, the fact that 8 out of Franklin's 13 wins came by a TD or less, and the only four teams they soundly blew out all had five hundred records or worse, gives BA the edge. Just my opinion, but untill someone in Williamson Co. steps up and beats BA, they remain the kings.

825485967[/snapback]

You're never going to win this one. FHS always thinks Franklin is better. Logic and precedent are meaningless.

...on to basketball!!

Redtwin- Antioch and Clarksville were horrible teams this year, let me tell ya. That's the argument you guys use every year and when it comes to the teams in Regions 5 and 6, it's just simply not the case. The four seed this year in Region 6-5A was Ravenwood... and they were by no means a pushover, either. Ask Gallatin. Ask Brentwood. And what does Brentwood never beating BA have to do with anything? They didn't play this year... I don't see how you can use that.

Don't make me sound so bad itzme... I love to listen to your arguments and respect your opinion, I just disagree. To toot my own horn, I think I always do so in a sportsmanlike way. Plus, I haven't always thought Franklin was better than BA. I didn't think they were in '02 (I know I'll hear it from my fellow c/o 2003 guys about that...).