Central Cougars Basketball

cougar_scout

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions are Unicoi and HV to be at the top again next year. Unicoi still gets back Colton White and Ike Weaver and we have some alright post next year. Jesse Mcmormick will step up as well next year as a junior. Starters for next year for Unicoi will still be probably be 4 juniors and 1 Senior. HV does look like the stronger team. As for this year though with Districts and Regionals both at Unicoi County, i see them coming out on top. Hey you kid from HV which gym is harder to play in Unicoi or Central, crowdwise and floor size?

Edited by Big Blue Man

Well, don't expect the Cougars to finish anywhere near the top next year.  If I count correctly, 13-1 in the Watauga, 6-8 non-conference, 1-4 vs. Big 7 teams this year.  It ain't going to be pretty next year!!

825565756[/snapback]

if central can step it up on the definsive end next year. any kind of defense will be better than this years team. Lane is very capable of making a big diffrence in helping on defense. HE IS VERY ATHLETIC. 2 starters back LANE and HESS will fill in pretty good. if houseright can get back in action along with Dinkle and Mccoy. not a bad seven. not pointing fingers at any one player. team defense this year needs to step it up and this team could make some noise. dont hate on next years team just because they might be better. i dont think your a true fan. your 4 year stint of crying is about over. i hope.

if central can step it up on the definsive end next year. any kind of defense will be better than this years team. Lane is very capable of making a big diffrence in helping on defense. HE IS VERY ATHLETIC. 2 starters back LANE and HESS will fill in pretty good. if houseright can get back in action along with Dinkle and Mccoy. not a bad seven. not pointing fingers at any one player. team defense this year needs to step it up and this team could make some noise. dont hate on next years team just because they might be better. i dont think your a true fan. your 4 year stint of crying is about over. i hope.

825566538[/snapback]

A "true" fan? Come on, get more imaginative than that. I have been a "true" fan for over 20 years. I have not missed more than 2-3 games a year (including road games) during that span. So don't get on here and tell me I am not a "true" fan. No one is getting on here knocking next years team because they might be "better". How juvenile! I was just stating "facts". Something a lot of Central fans don't want to hear. The record speaks for itself. 1-4 vs. Big 7 teams, with 3 of those losses to the bottom two teams in the conference. If you, or anyone else for that matter, thinks this team, or next years team can or will compete in the Big 7, they are going to be in for a rude awakening. I don't see them finishing above .500 next year. Does that mean that next years team will not be as good as this years team? Absolutely not....it just means they will be playing a tougher schedule, that's all.

Well said CHS795 ... I couldn't agree more!!! I saw a post that said the Johnson City Press had Central ranked 3rd in the final Prep standings ahead of all Big 7 conference teams except Science Hill. WHAT A JOKE!!!!

825567024[/snapback]

No the only joke on here is you. Go back to the TN High thread if there is one and think of ways you can lure some more Blountville players your way.

CHS795:

If you are a true Central fan you would keep it yourself if you thought they were not going to be good next year. The players get on here and read this stuff and when they see a so called fan say they are not going to play above .500 next year how do you think that makes them feel?