Pickett Co. (10-1) 63 Gordonsville 34

bobcatfan300

It was all Pickett Co. against Gordonsville as Joseph Bailey had 18 points in the first quarter and 24 in the game...outscoring the Gordonsville starters, and he played less than half the game. Pickett played 8 players, including 2 freshmen (Jacob Wright & TC Capps) and sophomore Brett Roddy, the 1st 3 quarters and went up 56-13. Gordonsville was shut out in the 3rd quarter. In the final quarter with the Pickett bench cleared, Gordonsville outscored them 21-8 to make the score a lot closer. The Gordonsville fans were all over Bailey even though he hit his first 7 baskets, scoring 18 points without a miss. He missed 3 shots all night, had 5 threes and once turned the ball over with the Gordonsville fans making a big deal out of it...pretty poor sportsmanship from fans whose starters only managed to rack up 13 whole points in over 3 quarters! It was not only Bailey that dominated the Tigers, but Josh Wright, Lance Mason, Nathan Groce, Brett Roddy, Lance Staton, and TC Capps all had a great game. Jacob Wright played well too.

I've watched the Bobcats for 10 years and Gordonsville has yet to beat them...including last year when Pickett beat them in the first game of the year. The impressive thing about Pickett this year is they may have the best 5 starters in the state, but then have Roddy, Wright and Capps who would start for most other teams. Logan is another very good Bobcat freshman. Quite a bit of the time they have 2 seniors, a sophomore and 2 freshmen on the court...and still roll.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow impressive, I agree Pickett Co. does have some good starters, but I think the reason to their success is that they play well together.  They have good shot selections and play exceptional defense.  Oh, by the way does PC have any games scheduled for next week (12-27-04 thru 12-31-04)?  Thanks.

825492359[/snapback]

hey casc, long time no see. pickett is playin in the livingston christmas tourn next week..should be some good games. monday we play george washington carver out of memphis at 7:00 i think. we will then play either the winner or loser of clay co/ station camp.