2004 TN 5A All-State

GradfromtheNest

Would just like to congratulate EVERYONE who made this years' team and especially all of the selections from Chattanooga!

Click here for entire 4A and 5A teams!

From Ooltewah:

Jonathan Abraham, Jr., OL

Abraham graded out at 93 percent and allowed just one sack in 111 pass attempts.

Nic Robinson, Sr., DL

Robinson made 61 tackles and had 5.5 sacks.

Kyler Burke, Jr., LB

Burke totaled 112 tackles and led the area with 26.5 tackles for loss including 6.5 sacks.

Antonio Lansden, Sr., DB

Lansden made 47 tackles, one interception, and scored 2 defensive touchdowns.

From Soddy Daisy:

Gary Orr, Sr., QB

Orr threw for 2114 yards and 22 touchdowns.

Chris Ricketts, Jr., WR

Ricketts made 40 catches for more than 900 yards and scored 15 touchdowns.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 6-5A:

Eight selections says it all, plus Coach of the Year.

End of discussions.

825494867[/snapback]

EXACTLY! Congratulations to everyone from the region who made it... but especially to Derrian, David, and Steven! Oh, and then there's that coach of ours... FINALLY! A long-deserved award for Coach Johnson! Ah, way to go! thumb

• 3 months later...

I know this is going to sound like sour grapes since this is old news, but I wasn`t able to talk about it when the all-state list came out. For the life of me I can`t figure out why Chris Shiverdecker didn`t make the 5A All-State team. No disrespect to Derrian Waters from Franklin, but Shiverdecker had a better year. Waters gained 1534yds on 239 carries with 14TD's. Spencer Gulmire made 1st team with 1564yds on 167 carries with 19TD while trailing Chris the entire year in rushing. Shiverdecker lead the entire Knoxville area(including Oak Ridge) with 1726yds on 249 carries and 21TD's. Why the snub, is it because Shiverdecker is a sophmore? It is hype? Does it have something to do with the record of Jefferson Co as opposed to Franklin and Oak Ridge? I thought that the ballots were sent before the playoffs started and that they have nothing to do with a teams record. I know I must sound like a homer, but it just doesn`t seem right to me.