Reggie White dead at 43

HUCK

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God bless Sara and the children. They lived in Blount Co for years and I delivered flowers to their house when I was young several times. Reggie would answer the door like any other head of the household and he was always a class act and very nice. Try to picture a 150 lb 5'8" kid seeing Reggie White as just anyone else answering the door!!

After I delivered once or twice, he had my name memorized and would ask me, "ok, I know someone needs an autograph...who can I make it out too?" He was quite the character and always generous.

I'll miss you greatly Reg!! I know you're in heaven now... thumb

God bless Sara and the children.  They lived in Blount Co for years and I delivered flowers to their house when I was young several times.  Reggie would answer the door like any other head of the household and he was always a class act and very nice.  Try to picture a 150 lb 5'8" kid seeing Reggie White as just anyone else answering the door!!

After I delivered once or twice, he had my name memorized and would ask me, "ok, I know someone needs an autograph...who can I make it out too?"  He was quite the character and always generous.

I'll miss you greatly Reg!!  I know you're in heaven now... thumb

825497529[/snapback]

That's awesome. Reggie was a great Christian man. I just wish that I could have visited his church that he ministered at.

That's awesome.  Reggie was a great Christian man.  I just wish that I could have visited his church that he ministered at.

825497531[/snapback]

And he never tried to hide his Faith, either! bhsOL, I know we've talked about this off-line already, but this was a huge blow this morning when I found out he had passed. Along with everything else you and I have been going through, now this. I can remember watching Reg at UT when I was in Jr. High, and he was an amazing person as well as an amazing player.

dmoyers1, that was a pretty cool story about the autographs! It sounds like something you would expect from him.

Edited by stlrcoach

Reggie was always one of my heroes growing up. I cried when I heard about this on the radio today. :):lol:

825498249[/snapback]

Seems like that's a common occurance due to Reggie dying. I've had a wonderful time this weekend, because Saturday was my first Christmas without my Dad, this happening yesterday morning, and Tuesday would have been my Dad's birthday. So, it's been a laugh a minute at my house lately.

And he never tried to hide his Faith, either!  bhsOL, I know we've talked about this off-line already, but this was a huge blow this morning when I found out he had passed.  Along with everything else you and I have been going through, now this.  I can remember watching Reg at UT when I was in Jr. High, and he was an amazing person as well as an amazing player.

dmoyers1, that was a pretty cool story about the autographs!  It sounds like something you would expect from him.

825497968[/snapback]

I was watching sportscenter last night, and all of you are right. They talked about Reggie being a great person more than a great athelete. He was one of my favorite defensive players, and it's sad to see him go.

I was watching sportscenter last night, and all of you are right. They talked about Reggie being a great person more than a great athelete. He was one of my favorite defensive players, and it's sad to see him go.

825498335[/snapback]

I had to work last night, but I taped Sportscenter to see what they did for "Big Reg". It was a very good piece about him. Even though he was possibly the best D-lineman to ever play the game, he never saw that as his contribution. He was a great man, and that's more important than football, hands down.