DIST 9AA

HARPETHBOOSTER

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loretto is the BEST team. Giles County did beat us, but we're a much better ball team then them. We weren't clicking the night we played them, and they slowed the ball down and out played us all night. We didn't shoot well, or make smart decisions handling the ball, but I feel like we are coming back around. I also can't remember the last time that the Lady Mustangs beat Giles Co. in Pulaski. It's been a while. Tough and intimidating crowd to play in front of on the road. Making no excuses for us, the Lady Bobcats were the better team the night we played them. But.... remember they also defeated us twice in the REGULAR season last year, and we beat them in double digits when district tournament time rolled around. Just have to wait and see. Several COMPETITIVE teams in this district. None of them are a pushover. I guess the best advice I could give you with you being a HARPETH fan that competes in the same region as the teams in district 9AA is that ANY team can beat ANY other team on ANY given night in district 9AA. So pick your poison. It will all boil down to who is playing the BEST ball come Late February and Early March. Hope I answered your question.

Good Luck to the Lady Mustangs tonight, and CONGRATULATIONS on your great performance last night. :huh: thumb

Giles County is 3-7 , THEY HAVE PLAYED ONLY AAA TEAMS .EXCEPT FOR THE 3 9AA GAMES THEY HAVE PLAYED AND WON . PEOPLE MUST NOT REALIZE THAT RECORDS DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING! JUST AS LONG AS YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR DISTRICT THAT IS THE FIRST STEP.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL 9AA TEAMS THIS YEAR!!!

825500478[/snapback]

I'm amazed every year at how little we can learn about 9aa from regular season play. It semms like they all show up at the region in peek form. That's why I posed the question, I know better than to count what I see on coacht.

Having seen all the District 9AA teams play at least once, I would have to say Loretto is the best inspite of losing to Giles Co. Loretto won the Lauderdale Tournament in AL recently defeating the AL Class 4A Champion Deshler. Giles, while leading the district at 3-0, did not look good to me when they played at Father Ryan and lost. Since this is the only game I've seen them play, they could have just had an off night. Marshall Co. has only played one district game against Lewis Co. and won a squeaker. Their record is good overall, I believe, and long as Keisha Summers is scoring big, they can win. Page at 5-5 overall and 1-1 in 9AA has had some tough non district games and will face a key district game against Lewis Co. on Friday, Jan 7. Lewis at 1-2 has lost some close games, but has won their last 4, I believe. They play excellent defense, but need a little more scoring as does Page. Fairview at 0-4 is a better team than their record indicates. Having lost to both Lewis and Page in close games has put them in a tough position and will need to step up their play in the remaining district games.

District games this week include Lewis Co. at Giles Co. on Tues., Jan 4, Page at Lewis Co. and Loretto at Marshall Co. on Fri. Jan. 7. The district season is just beginning for most teams and who knows how things will play out by district tournament time on Feb. 21.

Having seen all the District 9AA teams play at least once, I would have to say Loretto is the best inspite of losing to Giles Co.  Loretto won the Lauderdale Tournament in AL recently defeating the AL Class 4A Champion Deshler.  Giles, while leading the district at 3-0, did not look good to me when they played at Father Ryan and lost.  Since this is the only game I've seen them play, they could have just had an off night.  Marshall Co. has only played one district game against Lewis Co. and won a squeaker.  Their record is good overall, I believe, and long as Keisha Summers is scoring big, they can win.  Page at 5-5 overall and 1-1 in 9AA has had some tough non district games and will face a key district game against Lewis Co. on Friday, Jan 7.  Lewis at 1-2 has lost some close games, but has won their last 4, I believe.  They play excellent defense, but need a little more scoring as does Page.  Fairview at 0-4 is a better team than their record indicates.  Having lost to both Lewis and Page in close games has put them in a tough position and will need to step up their play in the remaining district games.

District games this week include Lewis Co. at Giles Co. on Tues., Jan 4, Page at Lewis Co. and Loretto at Marshall Co. on Fri. Jan. 7.  The district season is just beginning for most teams and who knows how things will play out by district tournament time on Feb. 21.

825506255[/snapback]

HOW BIG IS THE GAME AT MARSHALL CO FRI NIGHT?