Pickett Co. Crushes Memphis Carver 66-35

bobcatfan300

Pickett made them look bad. It is hard to beat even bad teams by 30 and Pickett is beating good and bad teams by that much every game, with the starters playing half the game. Talk about weak schedules...Livingston scheduled themselves Ellison Baptist for goodness sakes. Before you knock Pickett's schedule, look at your LA schedule. Pickett is ranked #1 in the state in strength of schedule/results. It will be interesting to see how Clay Co. does against Carver. Also Carver lost to #19 AA Martin Luther King by just 64-55. I think some of these posters are jealous that such a small school is so good, especially LA. I think they are still upset about the 106-60 something pounding they took a few years ago by a school less than half their size, Pickett Co. If the Bobcats upset Station Camp on Wednesday, I suppose Station Camp will suddenly be a weak team too. And beating Station Camp will be an upset since they are the #9 AA team in the state.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pickett made them look bad. It is hard to beat even bad teams by 30 and Pickett is beating good and bad teams by that much every game, with the starters playing half the game. Talk about weak schedules...Livingston scheduled themselves Ellison Baptist for goodness sakes. Before you knock Pickett's schedule, look at your LA schedule. Pickett is ranked #1 in the state in strength of schedule/results. It will be interesting to see how Clay Co. does against Carver. Also Carver lost to #19 AA Martin Luther King by just 64-55. I think some of these posters are jealous that such a small school is so good, especially LA. I think they are still upset about the 106-60 something pounding they took a few years ago by a school less than half their size, Pickett Co. If the Bobcats upset Station Camp on Wednesday, I suppose Station Camp will suddenly be a weak team too. And beating Station Camp will be an upset since they are the #9 AA team in the state.

825499268[/snapback]

You have got to beat S.C. first?

Yes, it would be an upset...a very small school beating a larger ranked school would be a big upset. But, "onaroll" will still say that Pickett hasn't played anyone even if they do pull an upset. No one says anything about Pickett playing w/o Bailey for 3 quarters or how the freshmen stepped up and played a great game.

825499361[/snapback]

Why did Pickett not have Bailey, because he made a bunch of stupid fouls! If you really think that carver is a good team then you know nothing about basketball. Just because a school is double A doesn't mean they are a good team. It takes more than a classification to make a "Good" team.

I will give Pickett credit where credit is due, and Pickett may be the best team in single A right now, but I still dont see where you can call it an upset just because SC is a higher classification than PC, i bet if you ask the Pickett County players, they would tell you that it wouldnt be an upset, because I bet they expect to win! Just My Opinion! But you better be ready, because Coach Spivey will have his team ready to play!

i thought Carver was a very weak team...they didnt know how to pass the pall really...and i dont mean they shot the ball alot or anything like that...they should have threw a bounce pass here and there but props to pickett, they are pretty good... cant wait til tomorrow night when they play station camp

Yes, it would be an upset...a very small school beating a larger ranked school would be a big upset. But, "onaroll" will still say that Pickett hasn't played anyone even if they do pull an upset. No one says anything about Pickett playing w/o Bailey for 3 quarters or how the freshmen stepped up and played a great game.

825499361[/snapback]

It would be an upset if Pickett Co. wins but Clay Co. was in the ballgame right up until the end only down by 8 with 4 min. to go and within 9 with 2:32 seconds to go so i can see Pickett playing pretty close and it wouldn't surprise me if they won, they are the best team in Class A that i have seen this year. thumb