Greene Bank Ladies Classic

MtJBears

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We enter day 2 of the Greeneville Ladies Classic.  The opening round saw most of the games dominated by the victors.  Mt. Juliet seemed to be the most impressive with a 75-48 win over Lake Mary of Florida. 

Day 1 winners advance to the quarter finals of the winners bracket with games as follows

Cabrini, La. vs. Jefferson Co.

Powell vs. Wilson Central

Greeneville vs. Heritage

Mt. Juliet vs. Walker Valley

No doubt the feature game has to be Greeneville vs. Heritage.  This game should be a classic. 

Here's the teams I seeing advancing on

Jefferson Co.

Wilson Central

Heritage

Mt. Juliet

825499079[/snapback]

We enter day 2 of the Greeneville Ladies Classic.  The opening round saw most of the games dominated by the victors.  Mt. Juliet seemed to be the most impressive with a 75-48 win over Lake Mary of Florida. 

Day 1 winners advance to the quarter finals of the winners bracket with games as follows

Cabrini, La. vs. Jefferson Co.

Powell vs. Wilson Central

Greeneville vs. Heritage

Mt. Juliet vs. Walker Valley

No doubt the feature game has to be Greeneville vs. Heritage.  This game should be a classic. 

Here's the teams I seeing advancing on

Jefferson Co.

Wilson Central

Heritage

Mt. Juliet

825499079[/snapback]

Well 1 out of 4 ain't bad!!!!!

This sets up a battle of the Titans. Greeneville (12-1) vs. Mt. Juliet (12-0)

I strongly believe this is the Championship Game.

Mt. Juliet will definetely have to play their best game of the year to win this one.

Playing in front of a hostile crowd and a great team with a great coach.

Purkey has done a super job at Greeneville. I believe now I am seeing part of the reason Oak Ridge had the success they had.

As Clark goes so goes the Lady Bears. You have to double down on her and let the the outside girls fire away. If they're hitting Greeneville will be in trouble. If they're not hitting Greeneville will win. The wild card for all this for MtJ is Van Atta. She has been able to come in off the bench and give them a boost. This could be a preview of the State Championship.

Go Lady Bears ! ! !

I, too, was shocked to walk into the gym and see the WC/Powell score. IMO, Powell doesn't lose the rest of the regular season.

Now to the JC/Cabrini game. Cabrini is a very solid team. Good athletes with good basketball talent. But to me, they just didn't have much of a game plan. Jefferson County played hard but missed a few shots and definitely missed too many free throws, not characteristic of a JC team. I believe they only hit 1 trey the entire game. Not taking anything away from Cabrini but the Lady Patriots should have won this game. Also, #21 (Danielle Goodly) is a player.

Was also very impressed with Mt. Juliet. Clark can play some ball and looks comfortable anywhere on the court. She's a special player.

Tomorrow should be another good day for basketball. Go Patriots!

Greenville put it on Heritage. Cait Mac fouled out with 2 minutes to go. That #42 point guard for Greenville played entire fourth quarter with four fouls. Cait picked her pocket in the back court with 2 minutes left and leaned in for layup...called Cait for the charge...really bad call...#42 was still trying to recover from her lost ball...

Great game..

This is off the subject, but Antone didn't quit. Bud Brandon told her to leave. That's his fault that he doesn't have the Williams-Antone duo anymore. I heard that Antone got the rebounding award two years in a row for that team. Bud should've thought about that before asking her to leave.