Greene Bank Ladies Classic

MtJBears

We enter day 2 of the Greeneville Ladies Classic. The opening round saw most of the games dominated by the victors. Mt. Juliet seemed to be the most impressive with a 75-48 win over Lake Mary of Florida.

Day 1 winners advance to the quarter finals of the winners bracket with games as follows

Cabrini, La. vs. Jefferson Co.

Powell vs. Wilson Central

Greeneville vs. Heritage

Mt. Juliet vs. Walker Valley

No doubt the feature game has to be Greeneville vs. Heritage. This game should be a classic.

Here's the teams I seeing advancing on

Jefferson Co.

Wilson Central

Heritage

Mt. Juliet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We enter day 2 of the Greeneville Ladies Classic.  The opening round saw most of the games dominated by the victors.  Mt. Juliet seemed to be the most impressive with a 75-48 win over Lake Mary of Florida. 

Day 1 winners advance to the quarter finals of the winners bracket with games as follows

Cabrini, La. vs. Jefferson Co.

Powell vs. Wilson Central

Greeneville vs. Heritage

Mt. Juliet vs. Walker Valley

No doubt the feature game has to be Greeneville vs. Heritage.  This game should be a classic. 

Here's the teams I seeing advancing on

Jefferson Co.

Wilson Central

Heritage

Mt. Juliet

825499079[/snapback]

And by the way, why do we keep starting new strings on this tournament? I think this makes like the 6th message string about this tournament.

I can understand if you have a specific team your are supporting, but to keep starting "general" message strings makes it difficult to keep up with predictions, comments, etc.

I believe WC beat Powell 42-27 earlier this year in tournament @ Bradley.

I believe WC is too strong and moves on to face Jefferson Co. in semis

Just to think tomorrows matchups could be

Wilson Central (12-0) vs. Jefferson Co. (11-1)

Mt. Juliet (12-0) vs. winner of Greeneville (11-1) vs. Heritage (13-0)

I believe 4 of these 5 teams will be in Murfreesboro in March

And by the way, why do we keep starting new strings on this tournament?  I think this makes like the 6th message string about this tournament.

I can understand if you have a specific team your are supporting, but to keep starting "general" message strings makes it difficult to keep up with predictions, comments, etc.

825499191[/snapback]

Yeah, Powell just isn't any good. They shouldn't even be on the court with any of the teams in Greenville. Keep believing that. :huh:

Powell is a completely different team than the one that played the first 6 games of the year.

The numbers pretty much speak for themselves. Powell sat in that zone and dared Central to shoot. Gassie was moved inside due to Sara William's foot injury and went 0-7 from the field. Powell out-rebounded Central 33-18 and got 24 defensive rebounds. Central got 6 points in the paint as compared to 22 for Powell. Central was out-scored 26-7 in the second half.

Edited by Eddie