Red Bank Scandal

fella32

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know the story, but I do wonder why parents always have to get involved with the coaching situations. There have been some great coaches lost in our area due to parents unhappiness....... I wish the coaches the best of luck. StanTrott said it best...."The Witch Hunt continues..." Speaking from Bradley County, I can totally relate to that statement..... Pesronally, I watched the coach a couple of weeks ago, and I thought they were doing a great job. "Verbal abuse??" Too many babied kids out there in my opinion....

Edited by tnwareagle

I heard it had to do with a combination of things. One was discipline from the coach to players that missed mandatory practices during the holidays. Another had to do with the parents of those disciplined players then claiming misuse of booster club money. Any way you slice it, this stuff is getting absolutely rediculous!

That being said, booster club money should never ever be in the hands of the coaching staff, totally. There must be a system of checks and balances in place so that the booster club approves any and all expenditures, period. If your booster clubs do not do this, they need to start to avoid the appearance of any kind of impropriety. And the coaches need to remember that any money raised by the booster club for their program belongs to the program not to them.

Edited by catsbackr

I heard it had to do with a combination of things.  One was discipline from the coach to players that missed mandatory practices during the holidays.  Another had to do with the parents of those disciplined players then claiming misuse of booster club money.  Any way you slice it, this stuff is getting absolutely rediculous!

That being said, booster club money should never ever be in the hands of the coaching staff, totally.  There must be a system of checks and balances in place so that the booster club approves any and all expenditures, period.  If your booster clubs do not do this, they need to start to avoid the appearance of any kind of impropriety.  And the coaches need to remember that any money raised by the booster club for their program belongs to the program not to them.

825503491[/snapback]

Coaches should be able to spend booster money if they need it up to some limit if it is for the kids? If a player or parant can not handel the discipline of a coach, because Discipland and respect is the key to winning, they should play upward ball. It is set up not to make anyone mad!!