Jefferson County Lady Patriots

raiderray

Okay, I have watched 5 football games today, and just couldn't go any longer...

Start 2005 at Morristown West. I feel this is a tough place to play, close crowd, tougher team than the record indicates. Does anyone know, is Kadlitz going to be back?

Looking past that, the middle of the month brings a stretch of 5 games in 11 days, with games against Maryville, Greeneville and Oak Ridge in a 7 day period. Conference race could be decided by January 21st!

More tests, more great basketball. thumb

Edited by raiderray

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of pumpup speeches, Coach Fulmer must have given UT one this morning. I would of never expected the Vols to beat a good Texas A&M team that soundly.

On with the Lady Patriots: I've always enjoyed the Greene County tournament, especially this year. Many of the better teams in TN were there, so we got to see how good they/we are. It better shows our strengths/weaknesses. Going 3-1 against very good competition shows we can compete with anybody. However, I do not believe we are even close to our maximum potential, so hopefully we can work hard during conference play to improve overall. It looks like another fine year for Lady Patriots basketball.

Well i have sat through an equally number of subpar NFL games today so I feel your pain RR. Thanks for getting the thread started.

First off, here are the stats from JC's game against heritage.

Huff 27 points 8 rebounds. Kyle 12 points.

All five starters had 6 or more rebounds. Sinard had seven assist. Jefferson County held a 42-17 rebound margin and held Heritage to 30 percent shooting. Coaching staff believes McMahan was battling illness. She only played 23 minutes and was totally ineffective.

Potts has been challenging the girls to become more active on the offensive boards and it paid off. Two areas of concern still are 0 bench points and 19 turnovers, compared to 5 for Heritage. The lady Patriots had only one steal which is very low by their standards.

I will post tournament totals tomorrow.

The Lady Patriots hit the meat of thier IMAC schedule beginning friday with a trip to west. If you ask me, who cares lol. The only game that will make a di

fference is a january 21st visit by Greeneville.

Let's face it. The IMAC is very good at the top, and very bad at the bottom. In the middle you have cocke county and West and well they are closer to the bottom than the top. Word is west will be with out Kadlitz and that would be the only chance west has to keep it within single digits.

And i guess when you think about it, the only thing that the Jan 21 Greeneville game decides is which sorry opponent each team gets to face in their first game of the IMAC. Both teams are going to get a bye, win their semifinal game and face off in the IMAC Championship.

There are side shows with Maryville and Sevier County. Maryville is ranked #3 in coach T which further proves to me that the rankings are not worth a penny. Heritage JCHS and Greeneville are ranked 15-20 while Maryville has lost to William Blount and a 6-6 Jackson County team ??????????

Sorry if this sounds negative but its pretty much the truth. Though winning out the season would be news worthy, the most important thing for the Lady Patriots is to work out any kinks that coach potts finds and to improve the bench play of Mattison, Chambers and Holt.

But when it comes down to it, I see everything going the same way as it did last year. JCHS-Greeneville IMAC championship, JCHS-Greeneville Region Championship, JCHS-Greeneville-Heritage-Powell substate. Although a game against Powell looked like a favorable matchup earlier in the season, Powell has proven to be in top form. And although we just beat Heritage by 10 points, I have to believe it wouldnt be so easy the second time around if Cait "The Great" puts up her usual numbers.

Good luck Lady patriots

Final tournament stats - four games

Sarah Jane Sinard - 3.75 points/game (5 of 17 shooting), 4.75 rebounds/game, 5.25 assist/game

Lindsay Lyke - 10.5 points/game, 14 of 28 shooting, 9 of 21 three point, 3 rebounds/game

Ashley Kyle - 17 of 44 shooting, 9.75 points/game, 5.25 rebounds/game

Katie Rickard - 5.75 points/game, 5.75 rebounds game

Ashley Huff 20.75 points per game, 32 of 55 shooting (58 %), 7.75 rebounds/game, 12 blocked shots.

Huff is nominated for the Prep Extra player of the week but it looks like Ogan from Powell is going to run away with it. Vote for Ashley at:

http://www.wbir.com/prepextra/default.aspx

I agree RR,

When i made that post earlier in the day, Ogan had 300 votes to 80 for Lyons.  Something funny going on for Lyons to get 1300 votes in 12 hours.  That's more than a vote per minute.

825505792[/snapback]

Why is it so inconcievable that anyone who watched Megan Lyons performance in the Ladies Classic would not consider her for player of the week. She has 35 points in the game against Ft Payne, 17 against Heritage while dealing defensively with Cait the great, who by the way wasn't having a bad day herself, and managed to put up nearly half of the points in the miserable 63-38 loss to Mt Juliet with 17.She had another 25 in the OT loss to Cabrini. That is an average of 23.5 ppg. She is fun to watch, and seems to crank things up a notch when she is on the court. Watch her 2 minutes and you hooked. She never loses her cool and just seems to enjoy every minute she is in the game. I have never seen her give less than 100 percent or show frustration at referees, opponents or teammates. She is respectful of her peers and always has a smile at the end of the game no matter the outcome. You don't have to be from Greeneville to be a Megan Lyons fan. Tennessee Tech got as good a bargan in Megan as Belmont did when they signed Clark.

Barb,

I have yet to see a negative comment about Lyons on any Lady Patriot post, nor can I recall any of whom I would identify as JCHS supporters on CoachT say anything negative about Lyons. In fact, I believe there is much admiration and respect for Lyons by the Patriot Nation.

I think all DZ was referring to was the overwelming voter turnout (in such a short time) for Lyons on the PrepExtra POTW site. As I saw three of the players play 3 games each last week, I could vote for any 1 of three players and feel I made a good choice. Ogan, Huff and Lyons are all going to make very solid to possibly great impacts on the college programs they go to. I really think Tenn Tech has gotten a steal in signing Lyons.

Edited by raiderray

Thank you RR,

Obviously I didn't say anything negative about Lyons, other than the fact than the enormous amount of votes she was getting, compared to the other players not getting any votes in the same 12-hour time span.

But this is a Jefferson County thread if i do recall. So i am allowed to be somewhat biased in my opinion of the voting. No need to get so defensive.