Jefferson County Lady Patriots

raiderray

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Barb,

What suprises me is that award is sponsored by the news sentinel and a knoxville player (Powells Ogan) can only get 600 votes when Huff and Lyons combine for almost 40,000.

Anyway, to tell you the truth, I think Cocke County is as good a team as West.  Not saying that they will give Greeneville a game.  Just saying that i dont think West is near as good as people expected coming into the season.  They might make me eat my words tonight, but i doubt it.  Cocke County was very sound fundamentally though, and athletic.  Just didn't have the firepower.

825510036[/snapback]

Sounds like it wasn't a bad game to drive to Morristown for. I see you have a home game with East on Tuesday. Should be about the same.

The Greeneville-Cocke County game was about what I expected. I listened to it sporadically before turning it off with a minute left in the first half and Greeneville up 41-14. Burkey had the reserves in early and often in the first half. Final was 62-37. Don't have the stats cause I was just bored to distraction. Rented Troy though and it was pretty good. Will probably rent Collateral on Tuesday instead of the Greeneville-Cherokee game. Any recommendations?

Huff won Player of week.  All that bickering for nothing i guess.  Ogan only finished with 600 votes.  The powell people must have voted in florida lol

825509954[/snapback]

I think there wasn't a computer lab in a Jefferson County School that wasn't populated with students voting for Ashley Thursday morning..... I know of at least two schools that were helping out!!

Way to Go Ashley!!

Way to go Patriots!! Very happy the boys finally got their first win! Now I have to bake them a cheesecake! :lol:

First AP poll is out...Greeneville 8th, Jefferson County 10th. Both trailing Heritage (5th), who lost to both of us in the Greeneville Tournament. Do these guys even look at head to head battles?

Johnny, I think it is more like 15-20 points. We haven't blown anybody out this year, I just don't think it is our style. :lol:

On another note, has anyone else noticed that our girls freshmen team is not playing an IMAC schedule? Is there no other freshmen girls teams in the IMAC?

And on another note, JMS girls got revenge in a big way last night over Maury.

Edited by raiderray

Fist AP poll is out...Greeneville 8th, Jefferson County 10th.  Both trailing Heritage (5th), who lost to both of us in the Greeneville Tournament.  Do these guys even look at head to head battles?

825514483[/snapback]

I agree, RR. The polls must look at records or something. Anyone who saw the Greeneville/Heritage or the Jefferson Co./Heritage games clearly saw that Heritage was a one-woman show and not quite on the same level as Greeneville and Jefferson Co. However, this poll could possibly be a good thing. Everyone from this area knows how good Jefferson Co. really is and our girls know what they are capable of. They can a) use it as a motivational tool, or :justwrestle: not worry about it and let things play themselves out, or c) whine about it and play bad. (I highly doubt that option "c" will be the one taken.)

Anyways, good luck tonight. Add another to the W column. Go Patriots!

RR

Didnt agree with "jefferson coach" leaving her starters in till the last 50 seconds with a 30 point lead.  Whiteside had a great game though.

825514841[/snapback]

:justwrestle:

I wasn't at the game, but I heard about it. That tends to be her style. I think it is a direct result of JMS not playing any games outside the conference schedule. That gives them less time to come together as a team, and so she thinks she has to leave them in there. I think that is the reason Maury beat them the first time. Maury was coming off the Bettis tournament, and JMS not only hadn't played any games at that point, but had to go to Maury to open the season. :justwrestle: I am not defending it, just trying to find an explanation for it.

I also heard she was still pressing with a 20 point lead late in the 4th qtr. :justwrestle:

I am glad to hear that Chelsea had a good game. She needs to continue to develop, with JCHS' lack of size in the near future, I think she will be asked to contribute early.

Edited by raiderray

I agree, RR. The polls must look at records or something. Anyone who saw the Greeneville/Heritage or the Jefferson Co./Heritage games clearly saw that Heritage was a one-woman show and not quite on the same level as Greeneville and Jefferson Co. However, this poll could possibly be a good thing. Everyone from this area knows how good Jefferson Co. really is and our girls know what they are capable of. They can a) use it as a motivational tool, or ;) not worry about it and let things play themselves out, or c) whine about it and play bad. (I highly doubt that option "c" will be the one taken.)

Anyways, good luck tonight. Add another to the W column. Go Patriots!

825514736[/snapback]

Relax Jeff.Co. and Greenville fans!!! I am a Heritage fan and I do agree that the polls are not exact. I know that as true fans you are aware that polls are just that... polls(opinions). It gives us something to talk about , and some coaches might use it as bulletin board material. Thank goodness it will all be settled with the Regional tournys unlike the BCS in D-1 football. Two of last years state participants (powell and craigmont) are not even listed in the top ten, but certainly barring injuries will be in the hunt along with other quality teams statewide not yet in the polls. As for option "A" above, I bet that the Heritage girls might use the "one woman show" comment as motivation. Would you agree? Just teasing!! I know the team at Heritage will be working hard for a rematch with one of those fine teams.

Best of luck to both Greenville and Jeff. County.

Relax Jeff.Co. and Greenville fans!!! I am a Heritage fan and I do agree that the polls are not exact. I know that as true fans you are aware that polls are just that... polls(opinions). It gives us something to talk about , and some coaches might use it as bulletin board material. Thank goodness it will all be settled with the Regional tournys unlike the BCS in D-1 football. Two of last years state participants (powell and craigmont) are not even listed in the top ten, but certainly barring injuries will be in the hunt along with other quality teams statewide not yet in the polls. As for option "A" above, I bet that the Heritage girls might use the "one woman show" comment as motivation. Would you agree? Just teasing!! I know the team at Heritage will be working hard for a rematch with one of those fine teams.

Best of luck to both Greenville and Jeff. County.

825514881[/snapback]

Now Zoo you know quite well that Heritage has built their offensive scheme around Cait. Since she has played summer ball with some of the local talent (Lyons, Huff, Ogan, etc ) some of them are learning her game and how to handle her. Better get another dog in the hunt before sub-state or Heritage might just see the great IMAC champions (Greeneville or Jeff County) end their season again.