Jefferson County Lady Patriots

raiderray

Now Zoo you know quite well that Heritage has built their offensive scheme around Cait. Since she has played summer ball with some of the local talent (Lyons, Huff, Ogan, etc ) some of them are learning her game and how to handle her. Better get another dog in the hunt before sub-state or Heritage might just see the great IMAC champions (Greeneville or Jeff County) end their season again.

825514980[/snapback]

Now Barb, Didn't I say that both teams should have been ranked ahead of Heritage based on December play? I hope that Heritage improves to the point that they could host a sub-state game. Nothing like playing at home. I am sure you will agree. IMAC teams are quality no doubt about it. But I am sure our region will do our best to try and give your reps. a decent match.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...now back to our previously scheduled show....

Jefferson County won handily tonight...I think it was over before the first jump ball. The other Morristown East girls were giving advice to the girl jumping on how to get out of Huff's way. :rolleyes: At least it looked like that from my seat!

JC up 21-4 1st Qtr, 36-16 at half, 55-24 at 3rd qtr, then the subs played. Final 65-39. Huff had 17, Lyke had 12 (3 threes), Kyle had 10, Rickard 8. Sarah Jane sat out to rest the elbow she bruised in practice Sunday. Might not play Friday against Cherokee. Nice job by Kyle and Lyke running the point in her absence. If it had to happen, a nice time in the schedule for her to get to sit.

Nice job ladies! thumb

Edited by raiderray

Here are the rest of the stats to go along with what RR has already posted.

Huff - 7 of 11, six rebounds, 3 steals, one block, 17 points.

Lyke - 4-12, 3-10 3 point, 4 rebounds, 4 steals, 12 points

Kyle - 4 of 5, 10 assist, 7 steals, ZERO Turnovers

Rickard 3-3, 2 rebounds, 8 poitns

Holt 3-8, 4 rebounds, 6 points

Mattison, 2-3, 7 rebounds, 5 points

Sharpe 3 points

Potts 2 points

Chambers 2 points

Stats to point out

Huff only played a TOTAL of 15 minutes. So if you think about it, not only were they minus Sinard but also only had huff for for half a game. She sat the entire second quarter after picking up a foul and a technical to make three.

In her first game at the point Kyle had 10 assist 7 steals and 0 turnovers. Potts was really happy about that.

Mattison led the team in rebounds.

About the state poll, Potts says its good that people are recognizing the teams talent but he doesnt feel it will be any added pressure, aka the boys team blowing up last year after being ranked sixth in the state.

Tomorrow night might be more interesting than first thought. From reports I have read, Cherokee took it to GreenEVILle :) Tuesday night. Was a one point game at the half and close game for 3 qtrs, reading the reports.

I think the team adjusted well to playing without Sarah Jane. Tish gives them a really different look, and Kyle handled the ball really well for just finding out minutes before the game that she was starting at the point. If Sarah Jane sits out again (as projected), it will be another opportunity for the bench players to get some experience and show what they can do.

Cherokee suits 3 seniors, whereas Mo East only had 1, but like East, they get a lot of production from Freshmen and Sophs. That proved to be fairly fatal for East, I hope it is likewise a problem for Cherokee!

Jefferson County by 22.

Edited by raiderray

Tomorrow night might be more interesting than first thought.  From reports I have read, Cherokee took it to GreenEVILle  :blink: Tuesday night.  Was a one point game at the half and close game for 3 qtrs, reading the reports.

I think the team adjusted well to playing without Sarah Jane.  Tish gives them a really different look, and Kyle handled the ball really well for just finding out minutes before the game that she was starting at the point.  If Sarah Jane sits out again (as projected), it will be another opportunity for the bench players to get some experience and show what they can do.

Cherokee suits 3 seniors, whereas Mo East only had 1, but like East, they get a lot of production from Freshmen and Sophs.  That proved to be fairly fatal for East, I hope it is likewise a problem for Cherokee!

Jefferson County by 22.

825518293[/snapback]

What you don't read in the reports was how abysmal the officiating was at Cherokee. Fouls were being called 2 to 1 against Greeneville although Cherokee was just as physical. Cherokee also made an enormous number of careless errors that should have resulted in turnovers but were not called. Even the unflappable Lynn Burkey was a bit perturbed with the lop-sided officiating. After sitting out almost the entire first half with foul troubles, Manuel came in the 3rd and scored 10 points and Lyons had 11 to put Greeneville comfortably in the lead for good. Then Megan added another 16 in the 4th to put this game away. Freshman Asia Avery was particularly pesky. She is fast and handles herself well inside, although she gets a bit slap-happy. This is a young team and is sure to give the IMAC some great games in the future but they are raw and fairley undisciplined. Even if you get the same blind, hairless crew of officials JC should win this one by at least 20.

Edited by barb

Well the game is at Jefferson Co. so the officiating shouldn't come into play. Or let's hope not.  :D

825519468[/snapback]

Hopin for some "home cookin" johnny? You know they don't do that in the IMAC.

I think overall the officiating this season has been mediocre at best and downright deplorable the rest of the time. I think the situation at Cherokee was a bad crew and nothing more. Hopefully both of us will draw different crews tonite.

Cherokee suits 3 seniors, whereas Mo East only had 1, but like East, they get a lot of production from Freshmen and Sophs.  That proved to be fairly fatal for East, I hope it is likewise a problem for Cherokee!

Jefferson County by 22.

825518293[/snapback]

AM I GOOD OR WHAT?!?! :rolleyes:

Jefferson County 60, Cherokee 38.

Absolutely no contest. After a sluggish start that saw the Lady Patriots miss 4 point blank layups in the first 6 minutes, JC coasted to a 41-10 halftime lead. I think the lead got as high as 38 in the 3rd qtr, but after freshmen Kelsey Elliott's 3 at the buzzer, the 3rd Qtr ended 55-19. Bench empting on both sides, lots of strange combinations for JC in the 4th Qtr (included the incredible sight of Lindsay Lyke playing the 5 postion on defense!) allowed Cherokee to close the gap to the final 22 point margin.

Huff had 20, Kyle had 9, Lyke had 6, Holt had 5, Rickard, Sinard and Chambers had 4, Chappell and Elliott had 3, Mattison had 2. Six different ladies made a three tonight...that might be a record. Huff, Kyle, Rickard and Sinard all sat the entire 4th Qtr. Lyke started the 4th, but just played long enough to get the moment at center.

Beginning Monday, big 4 games in 8 days stretch I discussed earlier in this thread. Obviously next Friday is huge, without a doubt will decide the IMAC champ (hopefully co-champ). Plenty of time starting Wednesday to hype that event against greenEVILle.