Jefferson County Lady Patriots

raiderray

Hey Johnny, you should have to watch that attitude day in and day out, at every practice, every game, for years, and years, and years. You're lucky to not have players like that, and only have to watch this one a couple times each year.

What a great game the Lady Patriots played tonight!! By far their best performance of the season IMO. Shooting, defense, rebounding, ball control/movement was all won by Jefferson Co. Great game!

On a side note, I absolutely hate watching Manuel play. She has to have the worst attitude of any player I have ever seen. She is so lazy! There were a few times when she let someone score when she could have easily stopped them from doing so. I don't know how she will make it at Georgia St. She seemed to care more about yelling at other players and her hair-do after the game than she did about winning the game. I wonder how long it took her to get her hair like that because it wasn't close to that during the game. :D

825531011[/snapback]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know JC but it may be that mattison is not looking to shoot. Potts has told me several times that he isnt looking for the reserves to be scorers at this point, just come in and hustle and give quality minutes while a starter gets a rest. So, maybe shes just not comfortable shooting right now. She was a pretty good scorer in middle school.

My hat goes off to the Jefferson County girls for a wonderful performance Friday night against Greeneville. They had a great game plan and excuted it wonderfully. I think their coach (potts) did a wonderful job of using his bench, which I did not think he did when they played here. As for Greeneville when their outside shooters struggle, they struggle. When Lauren Anderson finds her shot and her confidence again they will be tough but I really think they need her to be a factor in the games and not just there. Carter had a bad game Friday night but hey everyone plays bad once in a while, hopefully she will learn from it and go on. I was really expecting a good game but after Greeneville made their run to end the first half then Jeff County came out and exploded. Congrats to Jefferson County, I feel that we will probably meet twice more at least this year. Hopefully we will be ready for the next one!

Hey Johnny, you should have to watch that attitude day in and day out, at every practice, every game, for years, and years, and years.  You're lucky to not have players like that, and only have to watch this one a couple times each year. 

825531760[/snapback]

I'm glad our players don't act that way. Greeneville would be twice as good if the attitude was better.

I think what we have learned in the last week is that when we play good teams with mobile post players and active role players that we have to play with intensity from the start of the game.

As to the bench time performed by the starters, I think you could say that Potts was not happy with the level of energy being outputed. The 7 players that came in played very hard, and did not lose any ground.

The starters returned, and made a strong attempt to climb the hill, got the game to 4 points, and then could not make enough plays to get over the hill.

Oak Ridge got 53 points tonight, 42 from 2 players. Ashley Kyle did not score, Huff got 13.

I think the best thing that can be said about these losses is it points out areas that need to be worked on, and it proves that there are other good teams in East Tennessee out there besides GreenEVILle. And we have approximately 4 weeks to get the kinks out.

Inconsistent? The loses should help the lady Patriots in the long run, but what is going on? Wasn't at the game but heard the fab 5 got benched for almost all of the 3rd. Someone fill me in!

825535564[/snapback]

Lady Patriots played sloppy most of the game, after OR got about 5 offensive boards in a row, Potts pulled all of the starters. The Lady Pats didn`t play their type of game on offense or defense. The points was well taken because the girls came out strong in the 4th quarter, but the deficit was too much. Katie Richard was the only girl who had a strong game, Kyle fouled out in the 4th. I have to giver OR credit they are very athletic and all of their players can shoot. Lady Pats have to learn to get up for more than one big game at a time. Once tourney time starts the girls can`t afford to take games off. I don`t know that Potts stresses out of conference games as much as he should.

For what its worth .... Here are the stats

Huff - 13 points 3 of 11 shooting 8 rebounds

Rickard - 12 points, 2 of 2, 8 of 10 free throws 7 rebounds

Sinard - 2 of 6, seven points

Lyke - six points on 2 of 3 from three point

Demika Holt - 3 points

Mattison - 2 points four rebounds

Sharpe 2 points

The lone bright spot of the evening in my opinion was the refreshing play by Mattison. She came in and played with the most inensity of anyone on the court. She hurt her thumb late in the third quarter, got it taped up to where it looked like it was in a cast, and came back in and went at it again.

Obviously coach potts was concerned with the intensity that his starters showed in the first half, pointing out that they cant beat anyone by scoring just 16 first half points.

He also said that there is really no need to panic.

I agree. JC lost to Oak Ridge and Maryville last year, and followed by running of 11 straight. OR and Maryville still has to get past Heritage and Powell.

Potts taking the starters out was the best thing that he couldve done on this night. I think they learned a lot more by sitting the bench in a loss than if they wouldve stayed in and pulled out the game.

As for Potts not taking conference games seriously, i disagree. I just think that he doesnt act like the sky is falling if they lose one. He has said many times that he knows his team wont win every single game. The important thing is the are able to improve from the losses.

Lyke is a streak shooter. Considering she hit 2 of 3, she probably would have threw it up more. But oak ridge was playing a real agressive style of defense and didnt allow to many open three-point attempts.

Kyle on the other hand couldnt hit anything. I think she was 0 of 9. She penetrated a lot but wasnt getting foul calls that she is accustomed to getting.

Man, don't play for 4 days, and the thread almost disappears! Had to wander back to page 4 to find it!

Well, a tough week of practice will hopefully bring out the ladies' game tonight. It is homecoming for Cocke County, so their emotions might be a little up, plus the house could be packed a little tighter than it normally would.

I think this might be close for a little while, and then it becomes a blow out. I think the ladies will have something to prove, and as JCHSBBALLMOM alluded to, it is probably not a good night to be in a Cocke County uni.

Hopefully the weather will hold off, and we will still get to play DB tomorrow. I think it would show the "bounce back" capabality that seems to have come into question lately.

Lady Patriots by 25 tonight! :ph34r:

Take Friday night and go see a High School basketball game!