Jefferson County Lady Patriots

raiderray

Man, don't play for 4 days, and the thread almost disappears!  Had to wander back to page 4 to find it!

Well, a tough week of practice will hopefully bring out the ladies' game tonight.  It is homecoming for Cocke County, so their emotions might be a little up, plus the house could be packed a little tighter than it normally would.

I think this might be close for a little while, and then it becomes a blow out.  I think the ladies will have something to prove, and as JCHSBBALLMOM alluded to, it is probably not a good night to be in a Cocke County uni.

Hopefully the weather will hold off, and we will still get to play DB tomorrow.  I think it would show the "bounce back" capabality that seems to have come into question lately.

Lady Patriots by 25 tonight!  B)

Take Friday night and go see a High School basketball game!

825541309[/snapback]

Just beware of that good ol' Cocke County home-cookin'. Had some of that served to us when Greeneville played there. Cocke county was bouncing poor Megan off the wall constantly and nothing was called. While I like to see an official let the girls play a fairly physical game, I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. Don't be surprised to see a few elbows flying underneath in Newport... hope they keep it under control for your girls sake. Jeff County takes a fair game by 25....a tilted one by 10.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beware of that good ol' Cocke County home-cookin'. Had some of that served to us when Greeneville played there. Cocke county was bouncing poor Megan off the wall constantly and nothing was called. While I like to see an official let the girls play a fairly physical game, I was afraid someone was going to get hurt. Don't be surprised to see a few elbows flying underneath in Newport... hope they keep it under control for your girls sake. Jeff County takes a fair game by 25....a tilted one by 10.

825541432[/snapback]

Regardless of the officiating, the girls pulled out a close one by 38 tonight. This is probably the big blow-out/confidence builder they needed. Good win. thumb

Barb....we had least 2 of the three refs that called the Green/JC game at JC last week. But you are right, the elbows did fly, and Huff was yanked down from behind (not called an intentional foul, but there was no attempt at the ball by the CC defender). But I don't care who you are, you don't want to run into Katie Rickard when she is mad! She set some mean picks tonight.

19-8 after 1, 38-12 at the half, 51-22 after 3. Subs came in the 4th, and actually extended the lead.

Huff- 22 points in about 2 and 3/4 qtrs. 7/7 from the free throw line

Kyle rebounds nicely...13 points

Lyke had 11

Sinard 8

Mattison 6

Sharpe 4

Elliott, Holt, Potts 2 each

Rickard 1 point, but she did a lot of other great things tonight...DZ will have more indepth stats.

Chambers, Holt and Matison all made good contributions off the bench tonight.

Now we see if the weather lets us play tomorrow....

As RR promised, here are stats stats stats

Ashley Huff - 7 of 14, 22 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks

Ashley Kyle - 6 of 11, 13 points, 8 assist, ONLY 1-9 Free throw UGHHHH

Sinard - Great hustle night, 6 assist, five steals - 8 points, 2 of 3 three pointers

Lyke - Another good scoring effort, really playing steady as of late on offense, 11 points 4 of 7 shooting, 2 of 5 three point

Great night for Katisha, 6 points on 3 of 4 shooting

Demika Holt added four rebounds

As a team Jefferson County was 27 - 57 from field (47 percent)

Cocke County was a 12-46 ugghhh

Jefferson County outrebounded 33-24 and only turned the ball over 11 times, compared to 21 for CC.

Bad night for JC at the freethrow line 12 of 25, headlined by Kyle's 1 of 9

Since its friday ill offer a few other comments lol

The lighting in the CC gym is teerrribbble. Like the whole inside of the arc is dark on both sides.

There student section is rather active considering their teams are subpar. Probably best in the IMAC, but also maybe the rudest.

Coaching staff was really pleased with the hustle plays considering they played very lazily against oak ridge. Potts said it was a good game to get back to what they do best, which is the high low game with huff and rickard.

As RR promised, here are stats stats stats

Ashley Huff - 7 of 14, 22 points, 11 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks

Ashley Kyle - 6 of 11, 13 points, 8 assist, ONLY 1-9 Free throw UGHHHH

Sinard - Great hustle night, 6 assist, five steals - 8 points, 2 of 3 three pointers

Lyke - Another good scoring effort, really playing steady as of late on offense, 11 points 4 of 7 shooting, 2 of 5 three point

Great night for Katisha, 6 points on 3 of 4 shooting

Demika Holt added four rebounds

As a team Jefferson County was 27 - 57 from field (47 percent)

Cocke County was a 12-46 ugghhh

Jefferson County outrebounded 33-24 and only turned the ball over 11 times, compared to 21 for CC.

Bad night for JC at the freethrow line 12 of 25,  headlined by Kyle's 1 of 9

Since its friday ill offer a few other comments lol

The lighting in the CC gym is teerrribbble.  Like the whole inside of the arc is dark on both sides. 

There student section is rather active considering their teams are subpar.  Probably best in the IMAC, but also maybe the rudest.

Coaching staff was really pleased with the hustle plays considering they played very lazily against oak ridge.  Potts said it was a good game to get back to what they do best, which is the high low game with huff and rickard.

825542189[/snapback]

Glad to see you pulled this one out,lol. Those Lady Fighting Cockes really earn their name. I remember the cave that they call a gym in Newport. Maybe those refs could have used a flashlight underneath to see those elbows.

Last time we were there we had the good fortune of sitting adjacent to the CC student section. I think they have the most fun of any in the IMAC and those teams are lucky to have them.

We had a similar experience at MoEast last night. East was playing rough out of frustration. I guess that 's understandable when your trailing by 41 points at halftime. Final in Morristown, 84-47 Greeneville.

I doubt it will be rescheduled, but I may be wrong.

Kisabeth (AD) was already complaining about the scheduling and since it is a non-district game, i would doubt it would be. I dont know if there is some time of requisite on Region games or not.

Last year, the Sever County game was cancelled and not rescheduled, but the Science Hill game was cancelled and made up, so who knows.

As for the remaining schedule:

Tuesday Feb 1 - @ Cherokee

4- Morristown Wes

7- @ Sevier County

11 - @ East

14- Bearden

15 - Maryville

19-25 District @ Cherokee

28-4 Region @ Tn High

Some long trips for tournament play this year, unlike both of them being played at East last year.

825541432[/snapback]

Please...

Meagan is a great player, but Lordy, the physical play went both ways in that game. None of which was called, all that much, probably because it was a 30-point game for the most part....

Sure, Lyons got sent to the floor once or twice, but Manuel put a couple of pushoffs on Ball.

We can also mention the punch thrown (Carter or Forney) to the jaw of Megan Lindsey? Forced Cocke County's only senior to the bench for the entire fourth quarter with a bloody mouth.

In talking with a couple of folks, Burkey didnt want to run the final 10 seconds off there when Ashley Weeks went down for Cocke County with an asthma attack (in which she lost some of her lunch on the court)...

Like I told Barb, the physical play went both ways, again last night. Cline, Rader, and Cagle did a fairly good job, however, the physical beating and banging defintely gives anyone playing CCHS an advantage.

But hey, it goes more than one way

Realistically, they aren't going to compete this year with the Top 2 with only one senior, but next year they have 3 seniors, and several juniors....but they'll need to spend some time in the weight room, it appears.

Barb....we had least 2 of the three refs that called the Green/JC game at JC last week.  But you are right, the elbows did fly, and Huff was yanked down from behind (not called an intentional foul, but there was no attempt at the ball by the CC defender).  But I don't care who you are, you don't want to run into Katie Rickard when she is mad!  She set some mean picks tonight.

19-8 after 1, 38-12 at the half, 51-22 after 3.  Subs came in the 4th, and actually extended the lead.

Huff- 22 points in about 2 and 3/4 qtrs.  7/7 from the free throw line

Kyle rebounds nicely...13 points

Lyke had 11

Sinard 8

Mattison 6

Sharpe 4

Elliott, Holt, Potts 2 each

Rickard 1 point, but she did a lot of other great things tonight...DZ will have more indepth stats.

Chambers, Holt and Matison all made good contributions off the bench tonight.

Now we see if the weather lets us play tomorrow....

825541976[/snapback]