Single A

raynoc

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think bobbit from peabody is the most dominant ive seen this yr. with hudson grom gleason being a very very close second. she runs the team,plays excellent defense,scores when she wants to,and she sees the floor and dishes to her teammates better than anyone ive seen in a few yrs.i can see her winning 2 miss basketballs.only reason she isnt winning it this yr. is because she is only a soph.in my opinion baily is one of the best shooters in the state,not as consistent as the other 2 and the passing and defense isnt there.just my opinion. ive seen all 3 of these great players play atleast 5 times each this yr.they r my top 3.

Best Players in 1A

1.  Kristal Edney - Perry County

2.  Kayla Hudson - Gleason

3.  Jessica Bobbitt - Trenton Peabody

4.  Alecia Weatherly - Perry County

5.  Kaci Bailey - Dresden

6.  Brittany Lovett - Summertown

7.  Jorden Ramsey - Clarkrange

8.  Kortni Hester - Donelson Christian Academy

9.  Lacondra Mason - Chattanooga Christian

T-10.  Julie Roberson - Unaka

T-10.  Pauli Hermann - Clay County

Honorable Mentions:

Gaby Bussell - Forrest

Megan Watson - Clay County

Rachel Gentry - Gordonsville

Danielle Barnette - Trenton Peabody

Miranda Cravens - Clarkrange

Shelby Cawthon - South Fulton

Jacquelyn Chenger - Franklin Road Academy

Juliana Brown - Franklin Road Academy

Tara Deatheridge - Ezell-Harding

Leah McAlister - Ezell-Harding

Marcy McKenzie - Moore County

Cassie Brewer - Collinwood

These are just some that I have seen.  I am sure that there are many more that could be honorable mentions but I think those top 11 are pretty close to being right.  You could probably swap around 6 - 10 a little bit but from what I have seen, I'd put them like that.

825508454[/snapback]

Very good statewide list. You did a lot of homework for this one. You've some good players on there that a lot of people don't get to hear about.

When Richland played Summertown it was one of the first games in their season. It's not fair to call them weak based on one game. If they played them again it would probably be a closer game....definately closer than 40 points. :(

825532045[/snapback]

Not much closer I'm afraid, probably Summertown by 20+. You may get this rematch in regionals if Richland makes it far enough to meet up with the Lady Eagles.

I would have to say the top player would be Kayla Hudson. She is starting to remind me more and more of a certain Gleason player of past(Ashley McElheiney). We all know what she did at Gleason, Vandy and now coaching! She can create off the dribble, pull up anywhere, and pass to an open teammate in the open floor. My vote has to go to Hudson.

Jacie Slagle had 54 points Friday night for White House Heritage. I think the Tennessean has her as #2 in scoring and #2 in 3 pointers made in the mid-state regardless of classification. The team is not performing at as high a level as they will in the coming years because they are young and a new program but Slagle is a scorer and might be included in the list. Jacie is the only senior on the team, no juniors.