New Coach in Farragut area?

Old Ram

Gentleman, There seems to be great confusion/distortion regarding the "new coach in Farragut." I would like to clear up the misinformation. My name is Ron Hamilton. I am the one some of you have been talking about. I am not Gable or Sanderson. I am not politicking for the Farragut or Kingston jobs. I have NOT been hired to coach at Oak Ridge. I did NOT wrestle at U of Illinois. I did NOT coach in college. I AM from Illinois. I wrestled in high school and college. I finished 2nd twice and third once. I was a 2x national qualifier, finishing in the top 8.(Back then, only the top 6 placed) I LOVE wrestling. I have coached from the kids club level to the varsity in high school for over 15 years. I was only one of many coaches for some good programs. We have coached 20 state champions and 35 placewinners. I can coach. When I find a job, and I will, you can all be the judge. I moved to Tennessee to help care for my sick, 84 year old grandmother. I applied at over 25 high area high schools for a Teaching position. I was fortunate to find one at Farragut. I attended a preseason meet the first weekend I arrived, where I was told there MIGHT be an opening at Farragut. I approached the fine coaches, Joe and Kerry, who assured me they were going nowhere. I was invited to help out with the kids program. I gave them my number, but never heard a word again. I did inquire with the AD when I was hired, but was told FHS was happy with their current coaches. While subbing at Oak Ridge, I was informed that they would be starting a team in 2006/2007. I expressed my interest, and submitted a proposal for beginning next season instead. The proposal was forwarded to the superintendant. Thus far, I have heard nothing. I don't know who and when I will be hired, but I assure you , I am in no way looking to take anyone's job. I didn't come down here to stir up trouble. I feel qualified to make a positive contribution to the sport of wrestling in Tennessee. Hopefulle, this answers the questions. I hope to see, meet and compete against any and all of you in the near future. Iam a fan, so until I find a job, I will be at meets watching the greatest sport on earth.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron,

Welcome to Tennessee wrestling!! Don't feel that people are going after you it is just that we have a few "village idiots" on this board that like to go after the Farragut program, even before they get their facts straight. For some reason this individual seems unhappy with the current situation. I guess thats the thanks they get for getting their kids ready last year for the highest finish in Farragut's history. I think the responses to Old Ram shows the loyalty of the family and fans of the Farragut program. I think it is great that we have a knowledgeable person moving into our area to contribute. Good Luck and hpefully I'll meet you at some youth tournaments.

Gentleman, There seems to be great confusion/distortion regarding the "new coach in Farragut." I would like to clear up the misinformation. My name is Ron Hamilton. I am the one some of you have been talking about. I am not Gable or Sanderson. I am not politicking for the Farragut or Kingston jobs. I have NOT been hired to coach at Oak Ridge. I did NOT wrestle at U of Illinois. I did NOT coach in college. I AM from Illinois. I wrestled in high school and college. I finished 2nd twice and third once. I was a 2x national qualifier, finishing in the top 8.(Back then, only the top 6 placed) I LOVE wrestling. I have coached from the kids club level to the varsity in high school for over 15 years. I was only one of many coaches for some good programs. We have coached 20 state champions and 35 placewinners. I can coach. When I find a job, and I will, you can all be the judge. I moved to Tennessee to help care for my sick, 84 year old grandmother. I applied at over 25 high area high schools for a Teaching position. I was fortunate to find one at Farragut.  I attended a preseason meet the first weekend I arrived, where I was told there MIGHT be an opening at Farragut. I approached the fine coaches, Joe and Kerry, who assured me they were going nowhere. I was invited to help out with the kids program. I gave them my number, but never heard a word again. I did inquire with the AD when I was hired, but was told FHS was happy with their current coaches. While subbing at Oak Ridge, I was informed that they would be starting a team in 2006/2007. I expressed my interest, and submitted a proposal for beginning next season instead. The proposal was forwarded to the superintendant. Thus far, I have heard nothing. I don't know who and when I will be hired, but I assure you , I am in no way looking to take anyone's job. I didn't come down here to stir up trouble. I feel qualified to make a positive contribution to the sport of wrestling in Tennessee. Hopefulle, this answers the questions. I hope to see, meet and compete against any and all of you in the near future. Iam a fan, so until I find a job, I will be at meets watching the greatest sport on earth.

825520672[/snapback]

Now that is the way to shut down an idiot fueled rumor mill. Welcome to East Tennessee Ron . Not sure how flexible you are but there is a real need for wrestling coaches and those capable of developing youth programs a little south of you. Monroe county has no youth wrestling. One Monroe county high school , Sequoyah , made a small attempt to start a program last year , it is either dead or on life support. McMinn county is not much better though the high schools , particularly Central appears to be on the road to improvement. No middle school programs in either county. I urge you to check out these two counties as the need is great. Good luck.

Gentleman, There seems to be great confusion/distortion regarding the "new coach in Farragut."  I feel qualified to make a positive contribution to the sport of wrestling in Tennessee. Hopefulle, this answers the questions. I hope to see, meet and compete against any and all of you in the near future. Iam a fan, so until I find a job, I will be at meets watching the greatest sport on earth.

825520672[/snapback]

Welcome Ron, are you willing to Coach the Farragut AAU? :rolleyes: We have 6 freshmen who could make a strong team.

I don't think we have anyone doing it this year. I was told the gentleman who had volunteered moved back to MI.

Please, contact the coaches or booster club and let us know. We have matches tonight and tomorrow. I am willing to help when I'm not on the road.

The last Coach that was a temp at Farragut was the current Karns wrestling Coach. You may want to talk to him.

I think Oak Ridge will be a great addition to our region. Good Luck!

Edited by rigger101

Welcome Ron, are you willing to Coach the Farragut AAU:P  We have 6 freshmen who could make a strong team.

I don't think we have anyone doing it this year.  I was told the gentleman who had volunteered moved back to MI. 

Please, contact the coaches or booster club and let us know.  We have matches tonight and tomorrow.  I am willing to help when I'm not on the road.

The last Coach that was a temp at Farragut was the current Karns wrestling Coach.  You may want to talk to him.

I think Oak Ridge will be a great addition to our region.  Good Luck!

825524998[/snapback]

Hey Ron, I passed on your new Ph# to the Booster Club Pres.

Good Luck!

sounds like the AAU program is already in good hands, so why all the rhetoric about coaching needs at Farragut again. seems like one unhappy parent is driving this. My recomendation to any parent that is unhappy is to meet the problem head on or better yet take your kid and move on rather than create turmoil within the club. I have stated before that the Farragut coaches have done a very good job and the season is not over yet.

sounds like the AAU program is already in good hands, so why all the rhetoric about coaching needs at Farragut again. seems like one unhappy parent is driving this. My recomendation to any parent that is unhappy is to meet the problem head on or better yet take your kid and move on rather than create turmoil within the club. I have stated before that the Farragut coaches have done a very good job and the season is not over yet.

825528570[/snapback]

I hope your not referring to me!

We had a gentleman that was going to coach AAU but he moved back to MI. Joe and Kerri give up allot of their school time and personal time to coach the High School team. It would be tuff for any college student.

They missed some events last year because of school and other events. We had upset parents last year on the AAU team who didn't understand our young coach’s situations.

It was brought up early in the pre season booster club meeting that we need someone to take charge of the AAU program.

Looks like we have a guy is offering his help. So what’s the problem!

Again, I'm one of the ones who fought for the two young men to coach last year.

Great logic, if you have a problem with a coach move. Yeah, that works! Get a grip! Joe and Kerri have always been helpful to my kids. They have bent backwards to help my son’s and I have acknowledged it publicly

Again, wiscwrest if you have a problem with me come talk to me or you can e-mail me through this site. I’m old fat, broke down and have an even temper.

If Joe and Justin or coaching AAU then great. That was not the feelings of Joe at the Booster club meetings. If it changed I guess only a few of the chosen few know.

I talked to our Booster Club president last night and he didn't say anything about it when I gave him Ron Hamilton's phone # that I received after talking to him last night at the snack bar during Webb match.

During the last 4 years the AAU program has depended on parents and volunteers giving their time to make it work.

I hope that one man offering his experience and time to a program would not be ignored. If your a relative of one of our great young coaches congrats. I'm not trying t get them replaced. I'm glad they love the sport enough to give back to the youth. If they are coaches of young men then they are men. They don't need relatives getting on here defending them, they can fight their on battles.

If you’re not apart of our program like you say, then back off or join the booster club and speak your mind.

Edited by rigger101

your posts seem to display unhappiness with your coaches. It appears you are not happy with them so I suggest you meet with them to discuss your displeasure, get it off your chest and leave the subject of new coaching hires alone until after the season. I saw a reply that the Knoxes were coaching the team and it looks as if a decison was made by someone to do so. I am not the only respondent that gets the feeling you do not care for your coaches. I am just pointing out to you how it appears. That is why you should take your displeasure with the staff head on as you did in the last post by stating many parents were unhappy with them last spring do to their availability. If I were these two guys I would get the same feeling that they were being forced out in some way. There are a lot of programs in the area that would love to have them coaching I am told. Your team is young and young kids are impressionable and these posts are not helping your team.

Rigger just to answer one of your comments I am not related to either coach, But I do know of them and just suggesting to you to do what you are doing a little quiter as wrestlers, coaches and parents from all over read these posts. How would you like it if your company posred comments about aan available commodity with your skill sets in the area. I bet if you read that you would be either mad as heck and would start a job search.