Riverdale

briank

Guest Oakland
What phenom?  Lanning for Riverdale or Jones for Siegel?  Jones kept Lanning to nine points.  Great game!

825517150[/snapback]

siegel is no slouch for a team, i believe they only have 2 losses at this point. these 2 teams will probably end up playing each other in the district tournament as well

Oakland[/url'>' date='Jan 12 2005 - 09:27 PM']siegel is no slouch for a team, i believe they only have 2 losses at this point. these 2 teams will probably end up playing each other in the district tournament as well

825517158[/snapback]

Siegel does not show their complete schedule on coacht. I know they lost to

DCA (68-46). It shows up on DCA's schedule as the Siegel tournament.

I believe the phenom statement was just a joke in reference to Lanning's sister

reference to her as a phenom in a earlier post.

Siegel does not show their complete schedule on coacht.  I know they lost to

DCA (68-46).  It shows up on DCA's schedule as the  Siegel tournament.

I believe the phenom statement was just a joke in reference to Lanning's sister

reference to her as a phenom in a earlier post.

825517670[/snapback]

The Riverdale/siegel game was a high intensity game well played by both teams and the importance to siegel was well understood. here was Riverdale with all of the great tradition, being played even by a two year school which only won 6 games last year. siegel had gone thru the typical feelings last year of comments from area schools about their team and certainly had something to prove. It is still mostly a team of freshman and sophmores and was understandingly led by T. Jones, a junior. The work and improvement of this team was obvious. It is certainly hard to build tradition and siegel is very fortunate to have a coaching staff and a group of players, plus a student body, who understand their roles in tradition building. Boys basketball, volleyball, cross country, soccer, etc, have done their part and it looks now this team is trying to make their statement. Good luck siegel Girls Basketball in helping the tradition grow.