Father Ryan vs Overton

takedown42

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Overton gave away a couple of forfeits. It looked like they were missing 4-5 starters. There were a couple of good matches. And yes, Dunning is a beast!! He had enough nerves to wrestle up 130 against the #1 wrester and win by way of a tech fall. Is that impressive or what? He is that good. It was a pretty good match with many scrambles, with Whit coming out on top due to his experience. There were also a couple of FR wrestlers missing from the line-up, too. Hayes and Noman looked real though tonight from Overton. Whit and Morales looked pretty though from FR. It was a cool match, although I don't really know the finally score.

so are you saying you need the whit to wrestle up to 60 to prove it?

done deal...... :blink:

825519168[/snapback]

Box Score in this morning's Tennessean says: Ryan 50----Overton 15

130----Dunning over Jennigs 22-6. Wow! Guess we might have to stop referring to Whitt as "Little Dunning" as we did in years past in deference to brother " Big Dunning" Raymond. Irishdad must be busting at the seams this morning.

Overton forfeited 160, 171, and 189

Oddo did not wrestle. He did not make weight at FRA the night before so maybe he did not make it last night.

Other scores:

103---Noman (O) p. Griffith

112---Noffio (o) p. Forte

119---Yeager ( R) dec. Eden 13-6

125----Demille ( R) d. Buckley 11-9

135----Walsh ( R) maj. dec. Rayborn 14-2

140-----Morales ( R) t.f. Williams 18-1

145----Murphy ( R) p. Kittrell

152----McKenzie ( R) dec. Eckles 4-1

215----Hayes (O) dec. Riley 11-4

275----Dempsey ( R) dec. Sweeney 3-2

My beloved Irish looked great. The WHITT was the WHITT please shut down the Buindy conversation, as I said he would be crushed. Not sure about oddo not making weight I believe that to be false. It was senior night God Bless them .. We are now focused on CBHS Dulas it will be a tough weekend. Lots of very good teams.

It was a pretty good mathc to watch dipiste the score. There were actually some pretty exciting matches. It looked like FR had Oddo and Mayo out of the lineup and Overton had 6 varsity guys not in there.

There we rumor in the crowd that the two from FR did not wrestle because they got in trouble some how and had to sit out this match.

Tayar was rumored to be sick. Although it did not look like they missed him much. because the 112 that was in there looked pretty impressive for a freshman.

I thought this would be a very close match if the starters from both teams would have been there. I actually thought Overton may pull the upset because they match up very well with Ryan. Oh well, injuries, sickness, and kids getting into trouble will kill a potentially great match. I think it would have been different if they were still in the same district.

It was a pretty good mathc to watch dipiste the score.  There were actually some pretty exciting matches.  It looked like FR had Oddo and Mayo out of the lineup and Overton had 6 varsity guys not in there. 

There we rumor in the crowd that the two from FR did not wrestle because they got in trouble some how and had to sit out this match.

Tayar was rumored to be sick.  Although it did not look like they missed him much. because the 112 that was in there looked pretty impressive for a freshman.

I thought this would be a very close match if the starters from both teams would have been there.  I actually thought Overton may pull the upset because they match up very well with Ryan.  Oh well, injuries, sickness, and kids getting into trouble will kill a potentially great match.  I think it would have been different if they were still in the same district.

825519247[/snapback]

50-15 and you think that Overton could have pulled the upset if all the starters were there. No way. 35 points is a blowout. Overton might have their handsful winning the region this year against McGavock and Glencliff.