best and worst hospitality rooms? what ya think?

ItCanHappen

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i think if they have a coke that is enough. have beento tournys in the past and they did not have anything. not even a concession stand.

a great hospitality room takes alot of work, time and dedication. parents must work and sum times miss there sons-daughters match.

the greatest thanks above coaches schools communities administrations are the parents, they sit in them and work and will be more than glad to talk wity you. Thanks wrestling parents for making the sport a hospitality.

Two coaches commented saturday the the hospitality room at the Fandetti Brawl was the best they'd seen this year.

I have to agree, and I know my food.

We went to a tournament in Hendersonville, NC (North Henderson to be exact) that was absolutely five star. Still, I think ours was better.

Edited by ArtusCimber

I can't speak for the last 5 years or so because we didn't attend, but during the G.P. West era, Brentwoods hospitality room was always something to look forward to. They had this barbeque with different sauces........I'll bet I gained 5 lbs every year.

At Bradley, I could never thank those ladies enough for the hard work that they put into it. They totally took the stress from me and handled everything themselves. The same can be said for the way they handled the concession stand, etc. If I never said it enough, thank you....

The only improvement that I have to offer is to the coaches from each school. These rooms are set up and planned with the intention of feeding several coaches from each school. No one wants a coach to go hungry when they come to support your tournament, and all full time coaches should be given complete access. However, no room can or should be asked to feed every part time volunteer, kids club coach, favorite parents, score keeper, manager or the guy who keeps stats. Only the coach from each school can really lay the law down to his own people as to what is proper hospitality room etiquette. When a host school plans to feed approximately 50-70 people, yet end up feeding double or triple that number, it's not hard to figure out why food runs short. Then the hospitality room is labeled as average by the coaches. Now that I have more time on my hands, I watched more than a few times as food was carried out and given to people and wrestlers in the stands at our tournament this year. We tried the hospitality tags (passes) for years, but they were passed around like a virus. This is not the way to thank these fine volunteers from all of our schools who give their time and energy to support our sport, our wrestlers and our coaches.

Again, a big thanks to all of the parents and supporters from schools all across the state. Your work makes our sport better and our weekends away from home a little more tasty.

Legman

excellent point.  Everytime Ridgeway hosts a tournament, we try to have a good hospitality room.  Houston has a great hospitality room during the Blackhorse Invitational.  Great coaches dinner before the finals.

825524063[/snapback]

I also have to compliment Houston on their hospitality room the last few years at BlackHorse, it has been excellent. The coaches dinner is great and a good break from all of the action.