Baddest High School Wrestling Coach.

fatboy1o3

Okay, here is the scenario. You're driving along in your pickup truck, and a washing machine falls out of the back and messes up three guys driving Harley's. Every single one of them has a tattoo, one says "I love Momma". Two of them are missing teeth, the other one is chewing a wad of tobacco. Every single one of them is over 300 pounds.

You pull over and are confronted. Which coach is riding shotgun? And how will they deal with the situation?

My vote goes to Jeff Lester, Tullahoma. I spray WD-40 on his head, and he goes in for a low-level( he doesn't have to squat much) and bites their kneecaps off. We escape cleanly as they cannot grab his head because of the WD-40.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, here is the scenario. You're driving along in your pickup truck, and a washing machine falls out of the back and messes up three guys driving Harley's. Every single one of them has a tattoo, one says "I love Momma".  Two of them are missing teeth, the other one is chewing a wad of tobacco.  Every single one of them is over 300 pounds.

You pull over and are confronted. Which coach is riding shotgun? And how will they deal with the situation?

My vote goes to Jeff Lester, Tullahoma. I spray WD-40 on his head, and he goes in for a low-level( he doesn't have to squat much) and bites their kneecaps off. We escape cleanly as they cannot grab his head because of the WD-40.

825524413[/snapback]

No question - Randy Thomas

825524413[/snapback]

LOL. That is way too funny. I just know that Coach Lester is one tough son of a gun.

Coach Holmes can headbutt anyone into submission even if they have helmets on. He can get you from here.

Edited by CoachDelgado

I was impressed with Steve Logsdon, and now after watching Chad Laxton's practice, I'm not sure anyone tops his. They were quite similar to what we did in the 70's at Hixson.

Perhaps it was a few days before the big rival match, but I walked in about a third of the way into the practice and my glasses fogged up, water was dripping from the ceiling, the mats looked like the plumbing was backed up, the wrestlers looked like they were going to drop on their faces and they could not take their shirts off without pealing or almost tearing them off.

After practice was over, Coach Laxton told the boys that they would personally be responsible for a loss against Cleveland if they did not go home and work another 1-2 hours longer and that they would probably be embarrassed in front of 1000+ fans on Thursday if they don't do this.

He also told the boys to get your homework done, keep your grades up and behave yourself in school, as the wrestling team's reputation depends on you.

This kind of expectations, along with their fine facilities, parental & school support + their feeder program is what makes them great. It's a tradition being augmented.

soms

Note: It may be good to note that after further drills following practice, coach Laxton made sure the boys scrubbed the place "spick and span" before leaving, including disinfecting and mopping the mats. That place was glowing like a palace afterwards.