State Champion

takedown technician

Sommers - quit addressing me personally via this board. I have no interest in your opinion or views and you don't know me or know squat about me. The only encounter you ever had with me is the 15 seconds when you approached me in a restaurant in Clarksville last year yet you speak as if you've known me forever. Just like you've posted to this board as if your a friend of the Cleveland family and the only encounter you ever had with them is when you broke in line in front of them at last years Chat tourney. You know all about Bradley because you crashed one of their practices? I will be in Clarksville in a couple of weeks. If you have anything else you feel like you have to say to me, look me up there. My advise is that you leave me alone.

My point is valid relating to Gable's stance concerning coaching staffs. If the success of a wrestler is directly correlated to the quality of his HS coaching staff then nobody should be able to hang with McCallie. I believe the facts prove that there is more to it. If you or anyone else can refute my point with a valid argument, then do so.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sommers - quit addressing me personally via this board.  I have no interest in your opinion or views and you don't know me or know squat about me.  The only encounter you ever had with me is the 15 seconds when you approached me in a restaurant in Clarksville last year yet you speak as if you've known me forever.  Just  like you've posted to this board as if your a friend of the Cleveland family and the only encounter you ever had with them is when you broke in line in front of them at last years Chat tourney.  You know all about Bradley because you crashed one of their practices?  I will be in Clarksville in a couple of weeks.  If you have anything else you feel like you have to say to me, look me up there.  My advise is that you leave me alone. 

My point is valid relating to Gable's stance concerning coaching staffs.  If the success of a wrestler is directly correlated to the quality of his HS coaching staff then nobody should be able to hang with McCallie.  I believe the facts prove that there is more to it.  If you or anyone else can refute my point with a valid argument, then do so.

825537828[/snapback]

You may want to consider holding back your attacks while trying to hide your idenity. You're the one that introduced yourself to me long before Clarksville. I've been to four BC practices and several matches thae last couple of seasons. I'm sure the Cleveland's appreciate your negative enrgy being shared on this board over their supposed dipleasure of their chosen school and coaching. They knew me long before they "let me" in front of them.

I'll glady do a challenge. If I can't take ya, I'll let you have my brother, Mike Blosser. Cool?

Chill, dude!!

Edited by Sommers

Something for all the D2 schools out there.....would your schools agree to bring it all back together if the public schools could have athletes from out of zone attend their schools?  (I disagree with this, but a thought).

825536582[/snapback]

My guess is that the majority of DII schools would not care about this and would support bringing the divisions togehter under almost any circumstances. Nobody benefits from limited competition. Especially those that are the intended beneficiaries.

Gable,

ht).

...Oh, btw, the Bradley County students may attend any school in that county of their choosing, while in Davidson County they cannot, sniff, somebody level this playing field!

...Referees have a pretty blind eye to D1 and D2, to us its all ...Red and Green.

reftn

825536582[/snapback]

I went back and read this post from reftn. Very good post!!

I highlighted two items that I wonder about.

Davidson County needs to be re-evaluated.

Hopefully ALL officials only see red and green (not Baylor or Germantown and ND or Hillsboro that is).

soms

Edited by Sommers

Sommers - again, quit addressing me and posting untruths to this board. Scrape up a post where I said anything about what the Clevelands think - you can't because I didn't. My identity is well known on this board and I stand behind my facts. I don't know what world you live in, but I have never to my knowledge met you other then last year. I don't want to meet you again and I don't care what your opinion is concerning my views. There is no challenge issued - leave me alone. I also advise you to not accost me in person.

gablefan - Your point is valid, not every program has the same quality of coaching, facilities, or support.  The first response to this was to split off the financial aid giving schools but did that really do anything to make it fair for Hume-Fogg?  What are we going to do for the Hume-Fogg's of the world to provide equal and fair coaching and facilities along the same lines as Soddy, Clev, Bradley?  Do we need to split them off to a different class also?  How about a multiplier rule of some sorts?  Our coach isn't much so you have to spot me 3 points for each quality coach on your staff and another 2 points for that large practice facility and a point for those new uniforms?  I simply can't envision a handicaping system.  Is there really any other way to deal with the inequities besides those with less will have to work harder to catch up.  What good comes from the proverbial "dumbing down" strategy?

825534877[/snapback]

No, no there isn't. I was at SD when Steve started building a patsy into one of the best programs in the state. Chattanooga was much tougher overall back then because East Ridge, Red bank, Hixson, Tyner and Notre Dame always had good teams and even Brainerd and Howard would have a state place-winner every now and then (there were only 4 medals given).

How in the world could he do what he did against those kind of odds? He worked his ###### off and got people excited about the program, that's how. I'd say it worked out pretty well.

Sommers - again, quit addressing me and posting untruths to this board.  Scrape up a post where I said anything about what the Clevelands think - you can't because I didn't.  My identity is well known on this board and I stand behind my facts.  I don't know what world you live in, but I have never to my knowledge met you other then last year.  I don't want to meet you again and I don't care what your opinion is concerning my views.  There is no challenge issued - leave me alone.  I also advise you to not accost me in person.

825537936[/snapback]

Okay, Herm (alias) and all your cronies.

soms

Gable - if your premis is that the school with the best coaches will win, then I think that your example of D2 schools having the best coaching staff ratio proves you wrong.  Take McCallie for example.  They currently have 2 former college coaches on staff (Herring - Citidale, Connell - Middle Tn St) and 5 coaches who are former NCAA wrestlers (Connell, Newman, Herring, Levitt, new fellow who's name escapes me) and Newman has experience as a head HS coach in North GA.  They even have a world freestyle champion on staff yet since they were put on probation in the early 90's, they haven't won a traditional state championship.  Based on your premis, they should win the title every year.  Why aren't they the Great Bridge of the south?

825537735[/snapback]

You forgot Luther Killian who wrestled at Auburn University.

Okay, Herm (alias) and all your cronies.

soms

825538107[/snapback]

Again - you can't just shut up and leave me alone. I have no other screen name. Herm is not me. I know him though and like me he has a lovely wife, beautiful daughter, and a TN state champion wrestler for a son. I strongly advise him not to let you find out who he is though or he runs the risk of you stalking him also.